MED Games

starcityfootballfan

This week showcases a HUGE game in the MED. With Grayson County traveling to Fort Chiswell this question comes to mind.

Which Grayson County team will appear?

ANSWER: The Grayson County team that defeated Graham? Or the Grayson County team that lost to Clintwood? Both are undefeated in district play; however, Fort Chiswell must play at Graham and Grayson must square off with Galax as the season ends. More will be revealed, in reference to the MED standings, after the slug fest in Max Meadows this week.

I am actually hoping that Fort Chiswell defeats Grayson but then loses to Graham. I also hope that Galax can hold on to defeat Grayson as well. If these scenarios pan out, and no upsets occur in between, the final standings would look like this:

1. Graham

2. Fort Chiswell

3. Grayson County/Galax (tie)

My prediction:

Grayson County 28

Fort Chiswell 26

A little closer to home:

Graham @ Bland County

This one should be over as quickly as it takes the Graham faithful to travel through the East River Mountain tunnel! My biggest concern? Can the Bland County visitor's side can accommodate the Graham band and fans? If not, it will not matter as the G-men will do a quick drive-by and then head back to "other side" of the mountain as quickly as Bonnie and Clyde could exit a bank!

The "Virginia side boys" move to 6-2!

Graham 46

Bland County 6

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Holston's visitors side was pretty bad too. Used to be half filled with the band if they showed and everyone else had to stand in the grass. They've doubled the size, but it's still not really huge.

Starcity...Galax's visitor stands sure couldn't accommodate Graham's fans! That was the worst visitors stands I've ever seen anywhere!!

Galax has never had visitors come to football games. They have never been very good until lately. A new administration, coaching staff and community support will accomplish a lot. The stands will be greatly improved but the field and track were first on the agenda. The track is still being completed and the field is in the process of being redone completely.

There are no visitor stands in Hurley.

Don't have any at Twin Valley either. The worst one I've been to in the last couple of years was Phelps. Phelps doesn't have a field now but their old field had visitor seating for about 30 people. The rest had to bring your own chair or stand.

At least at Hurley and Twin Valley,it is large enough of stands to accomodate more than 30 people.

Edited by thevols

Don't have any at Twin Valley either. The worst one I've been to in the last couple of years was Phelps. Phelps doesn't have a field now but their old field had visitor seating for about 30 people. The rest had to bring your own chair or stand.

Montcalm visitor seating isn't too hot as well.

Before Montcalms recent "upgrade" the visitors bleachers were about 40 yards up on the mountain side lol

Speaking of visitors bleachers, does anyone ever feel like their life's in danger sitting on the visitor side at Battle's field? It's a pretty good ways down to the ground and there's cracks all over those stands, which I believe were built in the early 60's. I just always wondered how visitors felt about that or if anyone even noticed it.

At least at Hurley and Twin Valley,it is large enough of stands to accomodate more than 30 people.

Ive never actually watched a game at TV.

Haysi is at Phelps this year, where are they playing at? (I wont be going, just curious)

Before Montcalms recent "upgrade" the visitors bleachers were about 40 yards up on the mountain side lol

Those little stands don't hold much at Montcalm. I know the 2 times I went there I had to stand because we usually let the women sit down.

Haysi will be playing Phelps at Belfry. I think think it's their practice field,maybe at the middle school. I know it's not at the CAM,too bad though, that is A SUPER NICE place to play.

I hate how rumors get started with nothing to support it. Bland has played all Year with 24 players or close to that. While they might be hurting a little this year those kids don't quit. So for an answer Bland will finish the season and hope that the community and kids start committing to offseason conditioning.

I hate how rumors get started with nothing to support it. Bland has played all Year with 24 players or close to that. While they might be hurting a little this year those kids don't quit. So for an answer Bland will finish the season and hope that the community and kids start committing to offseason conditioning.

I heard the rumor about the forfeit crap prior to the Grayson game. Bland's got a young team, but they try their best. They're not gonna give a game away like that. However, it didn't look like they more than 20 players at the Grayson game, if that many.