Bluefield coaches, players, fans...

GMan

Those guys expecting blowouts are like three guys sitting together in Mitchell Stadium watching a game together...they just have access to the Internet. Their opinions are theirs...they're entitled to them...but they don't mean anything.

I think it will be a great game. I hope the weather cooperates and we can have a full house that a game of this magnitude deserves.

I know Bluefield put a heck of a lot into getting better this year (Johnny David, Corey Coppolla, C.J. Green, etc...). It certainly paid off, as did the weaker schedule. Last year, Bluefield was probably the 3rd best team in AA...they just didn't get in. By the time Wayne started fast last year, everything snowballed on Bluefield.

I don't expect that to happen again. Bluefield has some kids flat our faster than Wayne does. I don't think Bluefield is more physical but I don't know...I haven't seen half those kids play in person before. The question may turn out to be...is the difference in speed greater or lesser than the difference in strength? This is probably the best Wayne team in terms of being fairly complete in school history. But they haven't been tested this year, and Bluefield will do that. We'll see how they respond. Things have been almost too easy for them for well over a calendar year now. Unfortunately, 4 of the teams Wayne tried to upgrade its schedule with for this year fell through (no dodging, all were legit). Ravenswood has its worst team in memory. Mingo Central wasn't anything like they were supposed to be. Chesapeake (OH) which beat Wayne last year and had 5 returning starters...was not very good this year. Those were the OOC games...and the Cardinal beyond Scott was terrible.

Back to the game at hand though, obviously turnovers and the like will play a big role.

I would say Bluefield will be looking for redemption from last year, but I think Montel Leggett is the only full-time starter this year that even played in that game. I know he's a heck of a player...was one of the best I've seen as a middle schooler at Princeton.

Hopefully we'll get fortunate and either miss the major snow completely, or it will clear by then. Wayne should be fine, but the roads between Bluefield and Wayne may not be. I hope any of you Bluefield folks that haven't made it up here before can. We've beaten Bluefield, been blown out by Bluefield, etc...regardless, always enjoy the challenge and the folks from down there. Last year, Bluefield's folks were some of the classiest, most gracious people I've ever seen after the way that game played out. I gained tons of respect for the people...whom I never lacked respect for to begin with.

WOW! Talk about some backhanded slaps...

Those guys expecting blowouts are like three guys sitting together in Mitchell Stadium watching a game together...they just have access to the Internet. Their opinions are theirs...they're entitled to them...but they don't mean anything.

I think it will be a great game. I hope the weather cooperates and we can have a full house that a game of this magnitude deserves.

I know Bluefield put a heck of a lot into getting better this year (Johnny David, Corey Coppolla, C.J. Green, etc...). It certainly paid off, as did the weaker schedule. Last year, Bluefield was probably the 3rd best team in AA...they just didn't get in. By the time Wayne started fast last year, everything snowballed on Bluefield.

I don't expect that to happen again. Bluefield has some kids flat our faster than Wayne does. I don't think Bluefield is more physical but I don't know...I haven't seen half those kids play in person before. The question may turn out to be...is the difference in speed greater or lesser than the difference in strength? This is probably the best Wayne team in terms of being fairly complete in school history. But they haven't been tested this year, and Bluefield will do that. We'll see how they respond. Things have been almost too easy for them for well over a calendar year now. Unfortunately, 4 of the teams Wayne tried to upgrade its schedule with for this year fell through (no dodging, all were legit). Ravenswood has its worst team in memory. Mingo Central wasn't anything like they were supposed to be. Chesapeake (OH) which beat Wayne last year and had 5 returning starters...was not very good this year. Those were the OOC games...and the Cardinal beyond Scott was terrible.

Back to the game at hand though, obviously turnovers and the like will play a big role.

I would say Bluefield will be looking for redemption from last year, but I think Montel Leggett is the only full-time starter this year that even played in that game. I know he's a heck of a player...was one of the best I've seen as a middle schooler at Princeton.

Hopefully we'll get fortunate and either miss the major snow completely, or it will clear by then. Wayne should be fine, but the roads between Bluefield and Wayne may not be. I hope any of you Bluefield folks that haven't made it up here before can. We've beaten Bluefield, been blown out by Bluefield, etc...regardless, always enjoy the challenge and the folks from down there. Last year, Bluefield's folks were some of the classiest, most gracious people I've ever seen after the way that game played out. I gained tons of respect for the people...whom I never lacked respect for to begin with.

Really????

Nice try at "sugar coating" and "ass kissing".

Why don't you just say what you and the rest of the Wayners are really thinking...Bluefield had to go out and recruit a bunch of kids to be competitive and none of their good players are actually from Bluefield.

And as for Bluefield's schedule, yes they did lose Charlotte Country Day off the schedule and added River View and Westside to get 10 games, unlike the 9-game schedule they played the previous year. The other eight teams on the schedule were the same.

I mean, c'mon, that's exactly what you said but in a "politically correct" sort of manner.

And if you did respect Bluefield, you would have never put those things in your post in the first place.

See, Bluefield fans...this is exactly what I was saying...no respect for the Beavers from Wayne after that thumping they put on you last year. They think its going to be EASY...

WOW! Talk about some backhanded slaps...

Really????

Nice try at "sugar coating" and "ass kissing".

Why don't you just say what you and the rest of the Wayners are really thinking...Bluefield had to go out and recruit a bunch of kids to be competitive and none of their good players are actually from Bluefield.

And as for Bluefield's schedule, yes they did lose Charlotte Country Day off the schedule and added River View and Westside to get 10 games, unlike the 9-game schedule they played the previous year. The other eight teams on the schedule were the same.

I mean, c'mon, that's exactly what you said but in a "politically correct" sort of manner.

And if you did respect Bluefield, you would have never put those things in your post in the first place.

See, Bluefield fans...this is exactly what I was saying...no respect for the Beavers from Wayne after that thumping they put on you last year. They think its going to be EASY...

DO NOT PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH, G-Man.

Who said anything about it being easy? I broke down the game for you. If you don't like the facts, don't play the game.

Speaking of the game, D. J. Edwards was hurt and didn't play against Wayne last year. That was huge. I really think Bluefield quit quickly because he didn't play and they lacked confidence without him. They were a completely different team with him throughout the season.

The schedule was easier. Last year, what may have been (and what I felt was) the third best AA school in WV, didn't even make the playoffs. It NEEDED to be easier. That shouldn't happen.

I don't get your angle here whatsoever. Show me anything I said that was not correct.

Bluefield may be better than Wayne this year. I don't know. I can't gauge Bluefield based on last season. It's a different team. The roster is totally different. The guys making plays outside of Edwards and Leggett are all different. We'll find out who is better Friday I guess.

Don't need to, you've already said plenty...

Actually, you said what I didn't say and claimed I did.

You don't have a dog in the fight...what do you care? Graham got 3 kids from Bluefield...it's not like its a one-way street...

Actually, you said what I didn't say and claimed I did.

You don't have a dog in the fight...what do you care? Graham got 3 kids from Bluefield...it's not like its a one-way street...

Not sure about how you guys operate up there...but a lot of us Graham folks are Beaver fans all but one game per year.... and I'm sure the opposite is true.

Who was the third? I only know of two we got in the trade for Coppolo...did we get a future pick? Player to be named later?

Not sure about how you guys operate up there...but a lot of us Graham folks are Beaver fans all but one game per year.... and I'm sure the opposite is true.

Well said! As a Graham fan, and like many others on the Virginia side, there is only one time during the year that I do not want Bluefield to win. That is, of course, when the Beavers are playing against Graham. Any other game I become a Bluefield Beaver fan and I have even traveled to Wheeling to support them. Fortunately, in "our neck of the woods" we have a sense of community, pride in our area teams, and support both Bluefield schools.

Here's hoping that Bluefield puts a wrecking ball on Wayne!

I'm not too quick to concede the fact that ALL of Wayne's talent is "homegrown" either. There are LOTS of schools in Wayne and Cabell Counties in addition to the rest of the Tri-State area up there. Just sayin...

I'm not too quick to concede the fact that ALL of Wayne's talent is "homegrown" either. There are LOTS of schools in Wayne and Cabell Counties in addition to the rest of the Tri-State area up there. Just sayin...

No one on this year's Wayne team has ever been enrolled at another high school.

Part of being a rural community is sticking together.