Why do Democrats Oppose Voter ID Laws?

blueinbama

In the 2012 Presidential election states with voter ID laws overwhelmingly voted for the Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Here's an interesting little article that should chap some liberal asses. Nice maps, too. Enjoy. I want to keep you guys on your toes.

November 7 | Was the election stolen? Remember all those lawsuits by Democrats demanding that any voter identification laws be repealed. Well, now we know why they filed them. They needed to steal the vote in certain key states so that Obama could be reelected.

Curiously, Obama lost in every state that requires a photo ID to be produced before voting. A list of closely contested state elections with no voter ID, which narrowly went to Obama include: Minnesota (10), Iowa (6), Wisconsin (10), Nevada (6), Colorado (9), New Mexico (5) and Pennsylvania (20). This amounts to a total of 66 electoral votes. When added to Romney’s total of 205 electoral votes, that would give Romney 271 electoral votes, enough votes to win even without Ohio or Florida.

Romney also likely had the states of Florida and Ohio stolen from him, which don’t require photo IDs. Ohio requires a non-photo ID. Would a library card do? Florida “requests†a photo ID, but doesn’t require it. So what happens if they request a photo ID and the illegal alien Haitian doesn’t have one? Do they just count the vote anyway?

http://american3rdposition.com/?p=8416

Whatever happened with that voter fraud thing in Ohio? While watching the election, they mentioned on the news that some poll judges (or whatever they were called) had to be removed for letting people vote who weren't registered to do so. I haven't heard anything else about it since then.

Whatever happened with that voter fraud thing in Ohio? While watching the election, they mentioned on the news that some poll judges (or whatever they were called) had to be removed for letting people vote who weren't registered to do so. I haven't heard anything else about it since then.

You'll probably have to tune in to a Fox media outlet for that information, unless it has been shoved so far under the rug that it can't be found. I'm sure Rachel Maddow won't mention it.

You'll probably have to tune in to a Fox media outlet for that information, unless it has been shoved so far under the rug that it can't be found. I'm sure Rachel Maddow won't mention it.

I was actually watching Fox when they mentioned it. I really wanted to flip to some of the other news channels to see if anyone else was talking about it, but I was at the laundromat all night watching it on their tv and wasn't able to change the channel (I have to be honest here, doing laundry was way more exciting than watching Karl Rove desperately try to crunch the numbers).

In the 2012 Presidential election states with voter ID laws overwhelmingly voted for the Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Here's an interesting little article that should chap some liberal asses. Nice maps, too. Enjoy. I want to keep you guys on your toes.

http://american3rdposition.com/?p=8416

Curiously, Obama lost in every state that requires a photo ID to be produced before voting.

More excuses.

I was going to talk about voter ID laws, but saw no use after actually looking at what was said here.

"In the 2012 Presidential election states with voter ID laws overwhelmingly voted for the Republican candidate Mitt Romney. "

Better look into that ... without doing ANY research, I know that's wrong, because VA voted for Obama.

"Curiously, Obama lost in every state that requires a photo ID to be produced before voting."

Yep... all FOUR of them

Curiously, Obama WON in every state the prez. candidates have called "home"... Hawaii, Illinois, Mass. & Michigan ... also four.

Whatta coincidence!!!!

=

"In the 2012 Presidential election states with voter ID laws overwhelmingly voted for the Republican candidate Mitt Romney. "

Better look into that ... without doing ANY research, I know that's wrong, because VA voted for Obama.

You need to read that again. It didn't say "unanimously", it said "overwhelmingly". That doesn't mean 100% of those states voted for Romney, it says that group of states that required ID's overwhelmingly voted for Romney. That's true.

I would like to know why anyone would oppose voters showing ID's with all the fraud going on. Even if your candidate is overwhelmingly benefiting, it's a hollow victory if you have to cheat.

You need to read that again. It didn't say "unanimously", it said "overwhelmingly". That doesn't mean 100% of those states voted for Romney, it says that group of states that required ID's overwhelmingly voted for Romney. That's true.

I would like to know why anyone would oppose voters showing ID's with all the fraud going on. Even if your candidate is overwhelmingly benefiting, it's a hollow victory if you have to cheat.

Cheat!? Their is practically no evidence of in person voter fraud taking place in any of those states, or any state for that matter. If I wasn't on my phone right now then I would look up the national stats, but they are insanely low.

All requiring a photo ID does is makes it more difficult for people to vote, mainly minorities (no wonder the conservatives are for it). Why fix a problem that doesn't exist at the cost of disenfranchising voters?

Cheat!? Their is practically no evidence of in person voter fraud taking place in any of those states, or any state for that matter. If I wasn't on my phone right now then I would look up the national stats, but they are insanely low.

All requiring a photo ID does is makes it more difficult for people to vote, mainly minorities (no wonder the conservatives are for it). Why fix a problem that doesn't exist at the cost of disenfranchising voters?

My comment about cheating did not point to either party. You also need to read it again. The fact that you assumed I was pointing fingers at the Democratic party speaks volumes. My comment applies to anyone who cheats, period.

To your point that showing ID makes it more difficult for minorities, you need to ask the question "why is that true"? Is there a reason for any adult of voting age in this country, minority or not, not to have an ID? You have to have a social security card to get welfare don't you? Why is showing ID a problem? It certainly would keep dead people from voting like they do in every election, I would think. No cheating? Not a big problem? We really have no idea how big the problem is. Sticking our heads in the sand by saying it's not a problem doesn't help fix it.

Edited by blueinbama

I think its absurd that anyone can vote without showing picture ID. I have no political motivation in this, it just seems like a very basic concept to me.

Im not trying to be a jackass here but can someone explain to me why requiring a picture ID makes it harder for minorities to vote? Because I honestly dont see it. Any US citizen can get an ID card from the DMV for under $20.

Even if voter fraud isint a major problem I dont see how requiring ID hurts anyone.

Nothing wrong with IDs. Voter fraud does occur, I have personally witnessed or seen fraud in all of this five state area. SWVA was notorious for absentee ballot fraud. A distant cousin of my Mother's- Ebbie Combs from Russell County- was a Byrd organization stalwart. He served as circuit court clerk in Russell and was Democratic state chairman and also national committeeman. In his papers- I believe at UVA- one of his correspondents stated "Democrats could not win an election west of the Blue Ridge if it were not for absentee ballots." I may be a little off on the quote but I believe I am correct as to the exact wording. In 1948 the entire slate of officials elected in Dickenson County- '47 election- was removed from office for voter fraud. Might add they were all Democrats. It is only too easy for voter fraud to occur.

I do believe photo IDs should be provided free of charge. . The courts have not looked favourably on states that do not provide free IDs. It is a form of poll tax to force people to pay for government required IDs.

Nobody is being intimidated. The only people scared of photo IDs are people who have something to hide.

My comment about cheating did not point to either party. You also need to read it again. The fact that you assumed I was pointing fingers at the Democratic party speaks volumes. My comment applies to anyone who cheats, period.

To your point that showing ID makes it more difficult for minorities, you need to ask the question "why is that true"? Is there a reason for any adult of voting age in this country, minority or not, not to have an ID? You have to have a social security card to get welfare don't you? Why is showing ID a problem? It certainly would keep dead people from voting like they do in every election, I would think. No cheating? Not a big problem? We really have no idea how big the problem is. Sticking our heads in the sand by saying it's not a problem doesn't help fix it.

Where did I assume you were pointing the finger at the democratic party? Even though you were, even in thr title of the thread. I simply stated that republicans have been the ones pushing for ID laws, and these laws just so happen to prohibit minorities from voting. I'm sure its just a coincidence since conservatives do so well with the minority vote.

Please listen to the comment made to the RNC committee, and then tell me the true motives behind voter ID laws:

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I think its absurd that anyone can vote without showing picture ID. I have no political motivation in this, it just seems like a very basic concept to me.

Im not trying to be a jackass here but can someone explain to me why requiring a picture ID makes it harder for minorities to vote? Because I honestly dont see it. Any US citizen can get an ID card from the DMV for under $20.

Even if voter fraud isint a major problem I dont see how requiring ID hurts anyone.

This past election it was more so a problem with repulicans trying to hastily push these laws through, not giving those without ID enough time to get one. If you doubt the motives behind these laws then please watch the video I posted above.

This past election it was more so a problem with repulicans trying to hastily push these laws through, not giving those without ID enough time to get one. If you doubt the motives behind these laws then please watch the video I posted above.

You just summed up the whole process or lack thereof in regards to the passing of Obamacare.

Where did I assume you were pointing the finger at the democratic party?

Oh, I don't know...just a wild guess.

Here's something to ponder: I don't know one single Conservative who would oppose a requirement to show an ID when voting. I know very few Liberals who are for it. Wonder why?

Edited by blueinbama

Here's something to ponder: I don't know one single Conservative who would oppose a requirement to show an ID when voting. I know very few Liberals who are for it. Wonder why?

What are you even talking about? How about instead of taking wild guesses you actually read what I'm saying, that would make debating you much less painful.

By the way, your anecdotal evidence brings nothing to the discussion.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I guess because we are all lazy, lying, immoral, idiots. How could we forget, the conservatives reminded me daily on here and FB.

I can see how charging for an ID could be a poll tax. Just hand them out for free. It just strikes me as a very basic principal. 1st time I voted I showed them my registration card and my drivers lliscense and the worker said "sir I dont need to see your ID" I was completly blown away.

What are you even talking about? How about instead of taking wild guesses you actually read what I'm saying, that would make debating you much less painful.

By the way, your anecdotal evidence brings nothing to the discussion.

I understand your frustration. I feel your pain. I apologize for the anecdotal evidence. You're right. I can't prove their is voter fraud, even though others have and will continue to uncover voter fraud, and I am only assuming that the reason liberals don't want to require an ID to vote is because of something much less sinister than what I am implying. I don't really know any other reason for a political party to want to oppose voters proving they are who they are, but whatever floats your boat.

Voter fraud will exist as long as their are politicians and their partisans with ambition. The provision of free photo IDs would eliminate many possibilities of fraud not only in voting but also in many social welfare and licensing situations. It could help cut down on identity theft.

Why would anyone oppose it?

1. Might turn up fake identity.

2. Might have an outstanding warrant.

3. Might expose welfare fraud.

4. Might turn up an illegal alien.

5. Might turn up a felon illegally trying to vote in some states.

Just this year their have been charges of vote fraud in WV. It is not as common locally as it used to be, but it still exists.