Logan Thomas

Ryan4VT

He will not get drafted as a QB...he's wasting his time and effort even filling out paperwork...should be worried about BC and UVA...

I disagree. He has the size and the mobility the NFL wants. I still see him going in the first round. I think with losing 4 lineman and pretty much his top 3 receivers and dont forget losing the running game with David Wilson, i think alot of GMs will overlook his numbers this year. I hope he stays, but i guess money talks the loudest. And yes, right now he should be worried about BC and UVA. Right now, personally it will be a struggle to beat BC up there.

I disagree. He has the size and the mobility the NFL wants. I still see him going in the first round. I think with losing 4 lineman and pretty much his top 3 receivers and dont forget losing the running game with David Wilson, i think alot of GMs will overlook his numbers this year. I hope he stays, but i guess money talks the loudest. And yes, right now he should be worried about BC and UVA. Right now, personally it will be a struggle to beat BC up there.

The size and mobility the NFL wants... in a tight end.

He's inaccuracy would doom him in the eyes of scouts. Yes, there are receiver problems, but he's missed many, many throws himself. No chance LT would go in the first round, let alone get drafted at all.

Logan Thomas is a bad college QB that should never get the chance to be a terrible NFL QB. With that said, someone will take him and try to make him into Cam Newton.

He has size and arm strength but has never had the instinct to be a QB. He has not gotten better in two seasons as a starter and makes terrible decisions with the football. The college game appears to be moving too fast for him. How does that translate to the NFL?

If he throws the ball late and into coverage in college, he will have 15-20 interceptions and a 50% completion rate, which he does. If he throws late and into coverage in the NFL, he will have 40 interceptions and a 30% completion rate.

It depends on what kind of coach he gets as to what becomes of him in the NFL when he goes. The VT offensive staff hasn't helped him be a better football player/leader either.

At any rate I agree he needs to focus on B.C. and UVA right now.

It depends on what kind of coach he gets as to what becomes of him in the NFL when he goes. The VT offensive staff hasn't helped him be a better football player/leader either.

At any rate I agree he needs to focus on B.C. and UVA right now.

Totally agree. His has a great deal of potential. Hard to see it when he struggles to complete a 5 yard slant. Tech's coaching staff is laughable. I think the Beamer era is coming to an end.

Logan Thomas is a bad college QB that should never get the chance to be a terrible NFL QB. With that said, someone will take him and try to make him into Cam Newton.

He has size and arm strength but has never had the instinct to be a QB. He has not gotten better in two seasons as a starter and makes terrible decisions with the football. The college game appears to be moving too fast for him. How does that translate to the NFL?

If he throws the ball late and into coverage in college, he will have 15-20 interceptions and a 50% completion rate, which he does. If he throws late and into coverage in the NFL, he will have 40 interceptions and a 30% completion rate.

I made virtually this exact argument here last year, and was BLASTED for it. Said that the WRs, not Thomas, were the reason those 7-13 and 14-29 games had TDs and not INTs after them. Said that VT had a better QB in Mark Leal riding the pine. Said that Tech's O-Line would expose him for what he is this year.

I hate hearing all the leaving early talk...makes me start playing the "what if" game. Like this...if they hadn't left early, this year's VT team would have had both Ryan Williams and David Wilson at RB and Jayron Hosley at DB. Sure could've used them.

Don't pay us any mind. We'll play like scared little kittens for the 4th straight year. Always seem to.

4th straight year? Try 8 straight years or 12 of last 13... But, that could very easily end this year. Might be both teams Bowl game.