clintwood at george wythe

cwood78

Game was announced for Friday @ 7, but I would be surprised if that stuck.

Either way, I expect a heck of a game. Hope to the good Lord above we don't turn it over 6 times like we did last year to Clintwood. You just can't do that against a top tier team like that and expect to win.

Game will be Friday at 7pm ....this is sad ... Should respect folks that like to enjoy Thanksgiving time with their families... Will still go to the game and it will be much colder for fans...Clintwood fans will be there regardless of times and weather... Should be a good game:)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanksgiving is on Thursday. Enjoy it then and go out and play either day. Shouldnt matter.

There are still lots of family activities on Friday for many...relatives who come in and visit... Dissapointed in GW ... last yr they played the game on Sat...it was a sunny day...great for football...guess they hope to catch the Greenwave off gaurd on a Friday night with travel. School is out on Friday so the Wave will probably head out around 2pm to GW..GW needs to be ready .. Haysi chattered during Saturday's game and got on the nerves of the guys in Green.Worst thing Haysi could have done was to trash talk at Ralph's House..

Game will be Friday at 7pm ....this is sad ... Should respect folks that like to enjoy Thanksgiving time with their families... Will still go to the game and it will be much colder for fans...Clintwood fans will be there regardless of times and weather... Should be a good game:)

Isn't this good for the LPD Pride? Fans can see Clintwood Friday night and J.I. Burton on Saturday.

Isn't this good for the LPD Pride? Fans can see Clintwood Friday night and J.I. Burton on Saturday.

Yes that's true... LPD Pride will be alive and well!!! May venture over to Honaker on Sat to see a great game... Clintwood will be pulling for Burton in more than just LPD Pride ...If Burton defeats Honaker...Clintwood has the possibility of hosting a home game if they beat GW..

I too, am disappointed in the fact that the game will be on Friday. But the more I think about it, I realize that it will be cold as wave316 mentioned earlier. The hits will hurt a little more in those kind of temperatures. So I say, let's give them exactly what they asked for, Greenwave football in the cold. Now let me say this, I'm not wishing that any player gets hurt. That's not my intention. Never will be. But if anybody has seen the wave play, you know these guys hit hard.

I too, am disappointed in the fact that the game will be on Friday. But the more I think about it, I realize that it will be cold as wave316 mentioned earlier. The hits will hurt a little more in those kind of temperatures. So I say, let's give them exactly what they asked for, Greenwave football in the cold. Now let me say this, I'm not wishing that any player gets hurt. That's not my intention. Never will be. But if anybody has seen the wave play, you know these guys hit hard.

The hits I saw the Greenwave put on Haysi Saturday were bone crunching...Robbie Mullins was a beast...

There are still lots of family activities on Friday for many...relatives who come in and visit... Dissapointed in GW ... last yr they played the game on Sat...it was a sunny day...great for football...guess they hope to catch the Greenwave off gaurd on a Friday night with travel. School is out on Friday so the Wave will probably head out around 2pm to GW..GW needs to be ready .. Haysi chattered during Saturday's game and got on the nerves of the guys in Green.Worst thing Haysi could have done was to trash talk at Ralph's House..

Whats a better family activity than going and supporting your kid/nephew/cousin at a ballgame. Show family support.

Whats a better family activity than going and supporting your kid/nephew/cousin at a ballgame. Show family support.

Stripes ,I see your point...but not everyone has a kid, nephew ,or cousin playing unless you live in Ky, or WV....just kidding...:)

Bullcrap. Theres 35 Mullins on that team. The whole town is related to them some way. HA.

Very funny... I did have a cousin who played a couple of yrs ago... There are lots of Mullins in Clintwood....including the coach!!

i think clintwood will blow gw out..gw isnt as good as they were..battle n the fort will be the better game

True ... that's kinda what I was thinking but I'm sure GW wants sweet revenge from last years game and it got pretty hostile on the GW side last year, thought it may be fun to sit back and watch again!!!

theres alot of vt ,uva fans up that way,,,, saturday game, would take some of those "loyals" away..................CLINTWOOD would care less............

Interesting choice of words...

Rest assured, I'll be at the game. If it were at midnight, I'd be at the game. If it were at 2pm Saturday....I'd be at the game.

I have no idea why the powers that be chose Friday night. No one here really cares when the game is played. We are excited for it, however, and we look forward to hosting the Wave once again, whether it be night or day.

Interesting choice of words...

Rest assured, I'll be at the game. If it were at midnight, I'd be at the game. If it were at 2pm Saturday....I'd be at the game.

I have no idea why the powers that be chose Friday night. No one here really cares when the game is played. We are excited for it, however, and we look forward to hosting the Wave once again, whether it be night or day.

nothing meant towards you my friend. look forward to game too!!:)

Anyone heard anything about the GW qb being unavailable for the game tomorrow?

Alex Willis has not been the stating qb for a while....think he has been playing some on defense at DB... Byrd is the qb I think...