Top West Va High schools

wave316

Riverview and Mingo Central have been above average since they were both consolidated. Riverview (Big Creek,Ieager) has been to the playoffs all 3 years of their existance and I think they made it to the 3rd. round last year. Mingo Central(Matewan,Williamson,Burch,Gilbert) has been around 4 years,I think, but they have been in the playoffs as well. Mingo also has Mr. Nice Guy Yogi Kinder :rolleyes: as their coach. Yogi has a lot wins but his character.....

Mt. View showed a lot of improvement this year but only time will tell if they can build on it.

I guess that is about it for schools within a hour to hour 1/2 drive of Buchanan Co.,not counting Bluefield.

Riverview and Mingo Central have been above average since they were both consolidated. Riverview (Big Creek,Ieager) has been to the playoffs all 3 years of their existance and I think they made it to the 3rd. round last year. Mingo Central(Matewan,Williamson,Burch,Gilbert) has been around 4 years,I think, but they have been in the playoffs as well. Mingo also has Mr. Nice Guy Yogi Kinder :rolleyes: as their coach. Yogi has a lot wins but his character.....

Mt. View showed a lot of improvement this year but only time will tell if they can build on it.

I guess that is about it for schools within a hour to hour 1/2 drive of Buchanan Co.,not counting Bluefield.

Those teams are terrible. River View fed on cupcakes to make the playoffs last season and Bluefield beat them 49-12 and called of the dogs in the 3Q this past season. Mingo Central wants none of Bluefield either.

There are no other schools that are worth a squirt of piss in southern WV.

Those teams are terrible. River View fed on cupcakes to make the playoffs last season and Bluefield beat them 49-12 and called of the dogs in the 3Q this past season. Mingo Central wants none of Bluefield either.

Did I say they could beat Bluefield? There is NO WHERE in my post that I said they could beat Bluefield!!!! He asked a question of TOP teams in Southern WV. I said besides Bluefield, the teams I mentioned was was about the only decent teams in Southern WV. I didn't say Riverview and Mingo Central was "top" but I did say they was above average.

Now as far as that thing that squirts that piss out, you can suck on it!!!!

How longs it been since we've seen the hammer polished off..???

Just seemed like he jumped down my throat. i just made a simple comment. I'm not taking it off because Gman can dish it out,history shows that,so he should be able to take it.:)

Just seemed like he jumped down my throat. i just made a simple comment. I'm not taking it off because Gman can dish it out,history shows that,so he should be able to take it.:)

I didn't really see it as jumping down anyone's throat. He just argued a point that the teams listed aren't really that good. I didn't see much harm. Though that's just one mans opinion.

Did I say they could beat Bluefield? There is NO WHERE in my post that I said they could beat Bluefield!!!! He asked a question of TOP teams in Southern WV.

My point is...THERE ARE NO TOP TEAMS IN SOUTHERN WEST VIRGINIA OTHER THAN BLUEFIELD. Sorry, but the "talent" just isn't there...

And, consider this your first and only warning. I can take it until you tell me to "suck on it". Do it again and you're "AMF"...

Bluefield is by far number 1. Many championships and deep playoff runs prove that. For a while James Monroe put together some good teams, losing to Bluefield in the state title game 4-5 years back, not really familiar with Monroe County, but it seems they fell off pretty quick after average 9-10 win seasons for a long time. Any idea why they just fell off so quick, they use to have some big boys on offensive/defensive line. River View def has a soft schedule, hopefully they can play against the big boys upstate in the future. Westside and Wyoming East are basketball schools, but they have athletes, not sure why they haven't developed better football programs. Wyoming East hasn't done anything since 1999(seems like a long time ago...).

L to the MFAO.

Where do you put Wayne at when it comes time to talk about WV Southen Football.

Bluefield got beat by Wayne.

You folks in Parkersburg may consider Wayne as "southern" but us folks in "southern WV" don't. I would consider Wayne as "western"/Huntington area...three hours from southern WV...

You folks in Parkersburg may consider Wayne as "southern" but us folks in "southern WV" don't. I would consider Wayne as "western"/Huntington area...three hours from southern WV...

This......

Where do you put Wayne at when it comes time to talk about WV Southen Football.

Bluefield got beat by Wayne.

The original poster said "near our SWVA region".... Wayne is not near the Southwestern Va Schools....

Wayne is definitely a good ball team, but really doesn't belong in this discussion.

I'd like to see a re-match of Bluefield and Wayne next season, Bluefield was relatively young this year...not sure what Wayne loses. Can't wait til the Graham and Bluefield matchup next season either.... I expect both teams to be improved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

G-Man,

Wasn't Wayne one of the schools that had schedules on the site when you 1st started the site when the site colors looked like Graham's school colors.

I know the Mingo County schools were for certain, just can't remember how far Southwest in WV you covered back then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

G-Man,

Wasn't Wayne one of the schools that had schedules on the site when you 1st started the site when the site colors looked like Graham's school colors.

I know the Mingo County schools were for certain, just can't remember how far Southwest in WV you covered back then.

Wayne was not on the original site. I have posted Wayne's football scores on the board the last two seasons but that was only because they were on Bluefield's schedule and it seemed destined that those two would likely have to get past each other to win the State Championship.

These are the originals (less closings plus consolidations) that I had schedules for on my website...

http://www.swvasports.com/content/Football/Schedules.htm

I'd like to see a re-match of Bluefield and Wayne next season, Bluefield was relatively young this year...not sure what Wayne loses. Can't wait til the Graham and Bluefield matchup next season either.... I expect both teams to be improved.

Wayne had a TON of seniors this year. I expect them to be good again next season but not nearly as good as this past season.

I'd like to see a re-match of Bluefield and Wayne next season, Bluefield was relatively young this year...not sure what Wayne loses.

I believe I remember hearing that Wayne and Bluefield are going to renew the series for the next two years in football.