Merry CLIFFmas!

bucfan64

In the long run, what's going to be required is (1) reduction in spending with (2) higher tax rates. What the fiscal cliff will do is create (1) reduction in spending with (2) higher tax rates. Unemployment won't rise as much as people think, since so many people are out of the workforce (or have given up) anyway.

It should serve as a stern warning that both parties and the media are going berserk over the only thing that resembles a fix to our spending/GDP crisis. It's like a 3-year-old that continues to hack itself to death because it spits out the pill that would heal it.

Perhaps I'm giving too much credit to the 3-year-old.

I was really concerned over this but im to the point now that I say just let it happen! Washington just keeps on bickering with no comprimise, all while blaming the other guys.

Maybe it will serve as a bit of a wake up call to the nation that we all cant have it our way.

Is it so hard th just meet in the middle? and I mean literally in the middle.

I was really concerned over this but im to the point now that I say just let it happen! Washington just keeps on bickering with no comprimise, all while blaming the other guys.

Maybe it will serve as a bit of a wake up call to the nation that we all cant have it our way.

Is it so hard th just meet in the middle? and I mean literally in the middle.

The problem with meeting in the middle is neither party will agree on the location of the middle. It's like two children arguing over chores. If one does just as little more than the other, there's bickering over lack of fairness. As far as just letting it happen, I imagine at this point we have little choice.

as long as we are living in a two party system in this country, it will continue to decline...just the way it is. Until there are some huge changes nothing is going to get better.

I hope it doesent continue to decline because at the end of that road is a totalitarian state

there is not enough organization to do that, part of the problem now is that they are trying to control things too much...what you will have at the end of the road is a break down of society and anarchy.

as long as we are living in a two party system in this country, it will continue to decline...just the way it is. Until there are some huge changes nothing is going to get better.

I don't think that's the problem. Ol' Boner is the problem... he won't bring stuff up for a vote because he's afraid his side will lose.

I don't think that's the problem. Ol' Boner is the problem... he won't bring stuff up for a vote because he's afraid his side will lose.

Or, maybe it's because Obama keeps rejecting the very same proposal he put forward 9 months ago. You can't blame Boehner for ceasing negotiations when Democrats are haggling like 6-year-olds.

Then again, I want to go over the speed bump, I mean, "cliff". So Obama negotiating like a pre-pubescent girl is fine by me.

Edited by UVAObserver

they all suck...and they all need to go...every last single one of them...put some people in there who will do things for the good of the country and not their own party, pocket, or agenda.

they all suck...and they all need to go...every last single one of them...put some people in there who will do things for the good of the country and not their own party, pocket, or agenda.

Now your hitting the nail on the head. It's become all about greed and who's going to get to spend your money or run charges up for you to pay not about what is good for the country and people.

Doesn't matter who we put in office (any of the offices). The VAST majority of anyone put in those positions will bow before the money and power they recieve. So few will actually do the right thing that it'll just go unnoticed.

Or, maybe it's because Obama keeps rejecting the very same proposal he put forward 9 months ago. You can't blame Boehner for ceasing negotiations when Democrats are haggling like 6-year-olds.

Then again, I want to go over the speed bump, I mean, "cliff". So Obama negotiating like a pre-pubescent girl is fine by me.

I wouldn't blame Boehner or Obama. When Boehner presented a bill that slightly resembled bi-partisan to the GOP House, it was thrown out by the young, irrational tea party members. I blame them for the mess we're in right now.

I wouldn't blame Boehner or Obama. When Boehner presented a bill that slightly resembled bi-partisan to the GOP House, it was thrown out by the young, irrational tea party members. I blame them for the mess we're in right now.

Nothing more true than this. The GOP needs to wake up and realize that Obama and the Dems ran on increasing taxes on all incomes over $250,000...and won the election. That was decided by the people and should not even be negotiated. IMO, lets go over the cliff and then we will see some legislation aimed at giving back to the middle class and seniors some of the things lost by doing so. That way, the legislation will be so politically toxic to re-election that a "no" vote will doom any aspirations of a term past the current one for the members who choose to obstruct. In this scenario things will get done....and Grover Norquist can go suck an egg because his influence will be negated. Once again, Obama out foxed the foxes and still has the GOP over a barrel. Time to grease up GOP, cuz for the next few months you are gonna redefine what it means to be "Obama's Bitch"..... Somebody pass the popcorn.

The only issue here is that Reid and the Dems in the Senate "while holding the Republicans over a barrel" still cannot even present an offer to counter offer what the Republicans can offer. If they "had them over the barrel" this wouldnt be an issue, unless Dems truly do want to go over the cliff.

Did anyone watch Obama's press conference today? Every so often, his arrogance/hubris/insolence/haughtiness is simply disgusting. Today was one of those days. He trots out "members of the middle class!" to stand behind him while he gives smirking comments regarding the (so called) fiscal cliff. It's all so stupid.