Just remember, you voted for him...

GMan

HAHA! Wife's Obama-supporting-ultra-liberal friend just told us a story about throwing a fit at a doctor's office today because they would not allow her mother, who isn't in the best of health, to see Doctor A because she was a patient of Doctor B...office's policy so there wouldn't be any "stealing" of patients.

Wife's friend said "you should be able to pick which doctor you want to see and not have someone tell you who you can or can't go to."

I laughed and said "Well, get used to it, sounds very much like how Obamacare is going to work."

Needless to say, the room went silent and I caught a nasty stare...

HAHA! Wife's Obama-supporting-ultra-liberal friend just told us a story about throwing a fit at a doctor's office today because they would not allow her mother, who isn't in the best of health, to see Doctor A because she was a patient of Doctor B...office's policy so there wouldn't be any "stealing" of patients.

Wife's friend said "you should be able to pick which doctor you want to see and not have someone tell you who you can or can't go to."

I laughed and said "Well, get used to it, sounds very much like how Obamacare is going to work."

Needless to say, the room went silent and I caught a nasty stare...

Wish I would have been there, I would have stood up, started clapping and would have hummed the battle hymm of the republic.!

Ah and now he's pondering an executive order to get your guns! From those of us who attempted to make a change this past November "We Told You So"

Quote me this executive order, and post a link, si vous plait.

I have other needles to hunt from other haystacks.

Besides the fact that executive orders cannot take precedence over Constitutional mandates or enacted legislation.

Edited by UVAObserver

Besides the fact that executive orders cannot take precedence over Constitutional mandates or enacted legislation.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/white-house-petition-asks-obama-to-skip-gun-control-executive-orders/

No such order has been stated, but Holder is in on it, so it should be interesting.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/white-house-petition-asks-obama-to-skip-gun-control-executive-orders/

No such order has been stated, but Holder is in on it, so it should be interesting.

Of course, when you involve the "Misadministration", anything's possible.

But...any such ruling has to be within the bounds of Heller.

I'm as anti-Obama as a reasonable person can be. But when conservatives attack Obama, it cannot be with the formula "Obama + Executive Order + Guns = YER TAKIN' MAH GUNZ!" (as the one to whom I originally responded). That makes conservatives look misguided and stupid, and is counterproductive to the conservative argument.

I'm as anti-Obama as a reasonable person can be. But when conservatives attack Obama, it cannot be with the formula "Obama + Executive Order + Guns = YER TAKIN' MAH GUNZ!" (as the one to whom I originally responded). That makes conservatives look misguided and stupid, and is counterproductive to the conservative argument.

Not arguing with you on that, but I can foresee a bunch of b.s regulations on what kind/how much ammo you can purchase, magazine capacity, taxing the snot out of whatever they deem 'evil,' etc.

Not arguing with you on that, but I can foresee a bunch of b.s regulations on what kind/how much ammo you can purchase, magazine capacity, taxing the snot out of whatever they deem 'evil,' etc.

I think the most likely of those would be magazine capacity, or an outright ban on them.

I think the second most likely of those would be a crippling tax that amounts to little more than a "vice tax".

I think the most likely of those would be magazine capacity, or an outright ban on them.

I think the second most likely of those would be a crippling tax that amounts to little more than a "vice tax".

I don't know, I think the tax would be the most likely. Tax the crap out of magazines, high powered ammo, etc. (like they already do with full auto weapons) and the people that want them can still have them (they'll grumble about it, but still pay up) and the government gets more money. I doubt they're going to ban much of anything. And to the earlier posts, taking away people's guns will be next to impossible, so I don't see it happening. Maybe spread tons of propaganda (especially in the most liberal areas and liberally growing areas) and get people to turn in their weapons themselves, like that program with the police departments in L.A. where they gave grocery food checks for weapons....people were all over that.

I don't know, I think the tax would be the most likely. Tax the crap out of magazines, high powered ammo, etc. (like they already do with full auto weapons) and the people that want them can still have them (they'll grumble about it, but still pay up) and the government gets more money. I doubt they're going to ban much of anything. And to the earlier posts, taking away people's guns will be next to impossible, so I don't see it happening. Maybe spread tons of propaganda (especially in the most liberal areas and liberally growing areas) and get people to turn in their weapons themselves, like that program with the police departments in L.A. where they gave grocery food checks for weapons....people were all over that.

agreed, imo thats the most likley approach they will take.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

I said pondering he hasn't done it yet but Eric Holder and he are supposed to meet about it according to Joe " weekend at Bernie's" Biden. It's scary that they would even think of such a thing.

Joe Biden made the statement that Obama could do an executive order another report said that Eric Holder would meet with him to see if it could be done. I know the Second Amendment well and I also know they'll try to carve it up if they can. I also know that they want to ban assault type weapons and high capacity magazines which is a foot in the door for broader things if there allowed to that. I'm not misguided and I'm not stupid. I did not intend to offend anyone ( But I don"t care if I did) with my post so ease up a little bit my friend.

Joe Biden made the statement that Obama could do an executive order another report said that Eric Holder would meet with him to see if it could be done. I know the Second Amendment well and I also know they'll try to carve it up if they can. I also know that they want to ban assault type weapons and high capacity magazines which is a foot in the door for broader things if there allowed to that. I'm not misguided and I'm not stupid. I did not intend to offend anyone ( But I don"t care if I did) with my post so ease up a little bit my friend.

Unusual....I'm in complete agreement with Observer on this one.