found this interesting

Lance

http://cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2013/01/14/nr-obama-debt-limit.cnn

I've seen several interviews lately where Obama continues to use guns in reference to other things he's talking about...this one in particular "gun to the head"...he's doing a few things by talking this way, I'll leave what I think out of it and just let you guys draw your own conclusions....but, I find this sort of thing pretty interesting. All of these speeches/news outings...all that sort of thing are pretty well scripted out before hand as to what will be said. They are pretty careful with the wording they choose....and not just the gun thing, but there are a couple of other things said here that are sort of telling.

And now Wal-Mart has suspended all orders of ammo.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/wal-mart-suspends-new-ammo-orders/?cat_orig=politics

yeah i dont know about that one...exit 7 just got a bunch in saturday and the guy said they are getting stuff in but it sells out as fast as they get it. Said they expect more this week.

There doesn't seem to be a credible source saying that Walmart isn't ordering ammo...if you read the last part, says that "a customer reported it after a rep called corporate"...i dunno about that one.

Also...I can't find one "major" news org that can confirm it...just a bunch of political based sites on the web that seem to be spreading this one.

yeah i dont know about that one...exit 7 just got a bunch in saturday and the guy said they are getting stuff in but it sells out as fast as they get it. Said they expect more this week.

There doesn't seem to be a credible source saying that Walmart isn't ordering ammo...if you read the last part, says that "a customer reported it after a rep called corporate"...i dunno about that one.

I was about to say something like this. That's a very fishy, dubious claim, and I can't find evidence to support it. Yet.

Im a younger guy so im gonna ask this hoping that some older guys on here will respond. To me this seems like the point where the firearms debate comes to a head, like this is where it will be decided. Has it ever been like this before?

While semi automatic weapons and assault rifles are the focus, ammo for anything is hard to come by(see statements about walmart above, as well as the actions of several online firearms/ammo dealers). Im not trying to start another debate on where we all stand on gun rights and why but it just feels like certain groups/companies are attempting to dictate what americans can and cant have by simply not keeping up with demand.

Lance youre starting to sound like bucfan64 ;)

Lance youre starting to sound like bucfan64 ;)

makes sense, we grew up together lol.

as for the rest of this Wlamart ammo thing, just a lot of people hoarding ammo right now making it hard to find...I think as time goes by it will come back down and be easier to find again. Might take a while though until after whatever gun control stuff they are going to try to push is settled....until then, going to be like this.

It's just like every time a storm rolls in, you go to the store and no bread or milk left on the shelf...only difference is this storm is going to be a lot longer time frame involved.

If I am an ammo manufacturing, I am holding back inventory and slowing production to help spike prices due to high demand.

One of the oldest tricks in economics: high demand + short supply = maximum profits

If I am an ammo manufacturing, I am holding back inventory and slowing production to help spike prices due to high demand.

One of the oldest tricks in economics: high demand + short supply = maximum profits

That's why I load my own...

only problem is that major retailers like Walmart don't pay it...they have set price contracts so that makes no sense.

The gas folks however have gotten away with this forever...Exxon makes less and charges more all the time...thats why no new refineries have been built and wont be built.

only problem is that major retailers like Walmart don't pay it...they have set price contracts so that makes no sense.

The gas folks however have gotten away with this forever...Exxon makes less and charges more all the time...thats why no new refineries have been built and wont be built.

Agreed, the big boys have clout to control prices for themselves, but this does apply to those vendors not big enough to command set price contracts.

As for gas... you are right to a point. Big oil knows they can't justify new refineries from a cost/benefit standpoint so there is no reason to expand capacity. The only thing that changed in the last decade was when Valero bought several small mothballed refineries to service their needs. BTW - they were buying Venezualan oil.

I've been to WM every day for a week looking for 9mm. Their ammo rack looks like the bread aisle with a snowstorm coming.

Finally found some at an gun shop, made in Russia. Hopefully I don't lose an eye.

I've been to WM every day for a week looking for 9mm. Their ammo rack looks like the bread aisle with a snowstorm coming.

Finally found some at an gun shop, made in Russia. Hopefully I don't lose an eye.

probably just stink with high sulfur lol.

probably just stink with high sulfur lol.

Make sure you clean your gun good afterwards...some of that Russian stuff is pretty corrosive to a gun.

Make sure you clean your gun good afterwards...some of that Russian stuff is pretty corrosive to a gun.

Tell me about it! I bought a 1940's Mosin Nagant last year and the ammo I found for it (which I'm guessing came from Russia too...7.62x54r) has rusted the crap out of my barrel, and I only missed cleaning it once!

Cabelas has some PMC in both 9mm and .45. A little pricey now...I bought a case of PMC 9mm from Cabelas last summer for $10.99/box...its double that now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Ammunition/Ammunition-Sale%7C/pc/104792580/c/104691780/sc/109620180/PMC-Bronze-Handgun-Ammunition/728483.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-ammunition-ammunition-sale%2F_%2FN-1105397%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_109620180%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104792580%253Bcat104691780&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104691780%3Bcat109620180

This place also has some ammo in stock, but doubt they have any in 9mm...

http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm