Ahmad Bradshaw released by Giants, according to report

blueinbama

The move is primarily for salary cap reasons, as it will save New York $3.75 million next year. The team had already started shedding money with the release of linebacker Michael Boley, who made 92 tackles and intercepted three passes this year.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/6/3959346/ahmad-bradshaw-released-new-york-giants

Salary increase + coming off yet another injury = not surprised terribly much.

I hope he finds a team that can use his services. Maybe the other NY team?

I can agree with observer, there are several teams in play here.Not surprised at all. This is a business,but someones going to get a good player and veteran leader. Best of luck to him.

I've heard Atlanta.

Jacobs is also floating around out there, be a nice tandem RB game for a team thats weak at RB for cheap money...if AB takes a year off to get healthy he'll still get paid by the Giants...he had $9m of his last contract guaranteed. Giants are still $4m over the cap and have to sign Victor Cruz to a long term deal. Hakeem Nicks might be next to go.

I've heard Atlanta.

Jacobs is also floating around out there, be a nice tandem RB game for a team thats weak at RB for cheap money...if AB takes a year off to get healthy he'll still get paid by the Giants...he had $9m of his last contract guaranteed. Giants are still $4m over the cap and have to sign Victor Cruz to a long term deal. Hakeem Nicks might be next to go.

Jacobs isn't just over the hill. He's crossed it and is now digging a trench to China.

I don't know about Atlanta, though. They're looking to cut Turner for the exact same reason. It's just not a good play for the Falcons: taking a marginally more productive back with marginally more health issues.

But GMs make puzzling, dumb moves. I wouldn't count anything out, though.

I've heard Atlanta.

Giants have already said they will look to extend Nicks before they even look at Cruz contract. But after cutting Chris Canty as well, it should make keeping both wide outs a little easier.

Giants have already said they will look to extend Nicks before they even look at Cruz contract. But after cutting Chris Canty as well, it should make keeping both wide outs a little easier.

Looking and what the Giants want to spend and what Nicks will take are two different things...given that he's been a bit injury prone as well the Giants might not want to pay what he will want. Also...as with AB being a great example, it's nice to sign these big contracts and extensions, but you have to get it guaranteed or you just get dropped as soon as its "business".

I have a sinking feeling that Bradshaws' days as a professional athlete are done. He came out the day after their last regular season game saying that his return would be questionable. I'd sure love to see him playing somewhere next year...but my gut tells me that he is ready to hang it up.

In the world of non-guaranteed contracts, this is what happens when your team rebuilds. He didn't sound shocked, it is just the business of the sport. The Giants may re-sign him, for less $$$, or he might end up somewhere else.

Keep in mind that he is at the point where he is nearing the end of what would be a average career in years for a starting NFL back.