Nice Buchanan County Elk

Have you noticed them skunks seem to be more so in the ridge valley parts of Tazewell co, limestone country? more farm country? Have to imagine it revolves around what they feed on and what creates the ideal living conditions for them as well as what might or might not feed on them.

I seem to notice them on Rt. 460...dead...

I've seen quite a few skunks hunting in Buchanan County. It doesn't seem to me that they're not populous over there at all.

nothing like they are in Taz Co...you have to be out in the woods to find them mostly...you don't see them dead in the road anything like you do in Taz Co.

There are some here in Abingdon, until I find them.

use to live couple miles from golf course, at night would see them moving about many a time, have lived most of life just outside of Richlands town limits, can't say i have ever seen one there,day or night, things are almost completely nocturnal

they get out at 2am-4am...I would see them all the time when i lived in Tazewell.

There is one or two around here right now that are stinking up the neighborhood at night and if i can catch them out, it's curtains! lol.

That's because they don't waste a good roadkill over there in Buchanan Co.

waste not, want not.

A lot of mileage on the Buchanan County zings in this thread. ;)

they're not really that great...i can appreciate the effort though....been kinda slow around here since football ended.

Aw, come on, they're good.

played out...kinda like the whole Richlands transfer thing and the Tazewell running off the coach thing...or cleatgate....or kneegate....it's all just played out. We need some new drama lol.

That's really weird. I assume that the snake are for the owls to eat maybe? But it's still crazy to use such a dangerous snake.

owls also eat field mice.....rattlesnakes eat field mice....go figure...

In fact, owls can see in ultra-violet....mice urinate and step in the urine...urine glows in ultra-violet light....makes a little trail of pee pee right to the mice....

Edited by futbolking

played out...kinda like the whole Richlands transfer thing and the Tazewell running off the coach thing...or cleatgate....or kneegate....it's all just played out. We need some new drama lol.

Would bet you have got more post out of talk about Richlands than almost anything else on the board.