Coleman Thomas to wear the ORANGE!!

BigO

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening here is people can't stand the idea that CT didn't pick WVU and he picked UT...after I had repeatedly mentioned he was showing serious interest. Suddenly their frustration is taken out on me and I never said the kid was a lock anywhere or even leaning one way or another. But because the kid is local they won't bash him for choosing UT...instead they will bash me to vent. Thats fine. Bottom line...UT got 2 commitments this weekend..CT and a HUGE commitment from Todd Kelly Jr....who WILL wind up an All American...now THAT, my friends, IS a lock. Check this film out...mainly his defensive skills because he will be playing Safety at UT.

First off, I didn't see many if any at all WVU fans even commenting on this before he committed and only one so far since he has. That is futbolking and he seems to have been pretty classy about it.

Secondly, there is almost 11 months until signing day. I knew of CT's history of being a WVU fan. With that being said, I didn't engage in the prior debate because I know how recruiting works. No lock is a lock and no commit is committed until they sign their letter of intent.

Wherever he ends up I wish him the best of luck.

I could also have said, "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". We all have skeletons in our closets. Some just are better at closing the closet door than others.

Not sure what you're getting at. I was just letting everybody know that not all WVU fans think alike...and elaborating on my thought process since all of this conference re-alignment stuff.

To be honest, I miss the Big East, people can joke all they want about it....but I'm sad to see it go.

As far as Thomas. I saw him play in person, both basketball and football. He is a very good player and I think it's great that he gets to go play football somewhere and pick where he wants to go. As a WVU fan, it doesn't bother me or hurt my feelings that he picked UT over WVU. It would've been cool if he did. I think anybody would like to see a local kid playing for their favorite team.

Edited by futbolking

First off, I didn't see many if any at all WVU fans even commenting on this before he committed and only one so far since he has. That is futbolking and he seems to have been pretty classy about it.

Secondly, there is almost 11 months until signing day. I knew of CT's history of being a WVU fan. With that being said, I didn't engage in the prior debate because I know how recruiting works. No lock is a lock and no commit is committed until they sign their letter of intent.

I agree, the only thing I said that might've been considered not classy was my remark about the SEC being corrupt....but hey, it was what I was thinking at the time. I don't recall anybody being upset that he's going to UT, most people on here are excited for him.

I could also have said, "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". We all have skeletons in our closets. Some just are better at closing the closet door than others.

Not sure what you're getting at.

Do I really have to spell it out for you? A West Virginia fan calling any other school or conference corrupt is the height of hypocrisy. Rich Rod...Bill Stewart...Bob Huggins...come on, man!

Do I really have to spell it out for you? A West Virginia fan calling any other school or conference corrupt is the height of hypocrisy. Rich Rod...Bill Stewart...Bob Huggins...come on, man!

Wow.

A few others commented in other threads. Someone also insinuated UT paid the kid...NOT classy. You are correct, 11 months is a long time...and I made that point as well. All I did was bring info about the kid and his visits to UT and some folks took it as me predicting he would pick the Vols...and I NEVER EVER said that...ever. Granted, I am a Vols fan and I am glad he chose the Vols. Having said that, I would be happy for the kid if he wound up at Appy State. Any kid that can get a free education and play the game he loves...I'm all for that!

Have a lovely day.

Edited by futbolking

A few others commented in other threads. Someone also insinuated UT paid the kid...NOT classy. You are correct, 11 months is a long time...and I made that point as well. All I did was bring info about the kid and his visits to UT and some folks took it as me predicting he would pick the Vols...and I NEVER EVER said that...ever. Granted, I am a Vols fan and I am glad he chose the Vols. Having said that, I would be happy for the kid if he wound up at Appy State. Any kid that can get a free education and play the game he loves...I'm all for that!

Hmm, I went through some of the other threads about Thomas and didn't see anything like that from a WVU fan. Maybe I missed it. Can you show the link?

Here are 2 threads from a WVU fan that plainly states that he was a WVU lock.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24604

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24596

Also, read post #5 in this thread....an obvious insinuation that he was paid. Don't try to say that's not what the author meant. That will fall on deaf ears. I don't think the author was serious...but you asked, I answered.

Here are 2 threads from a WVU fan that plainly states that he was a WVU lock.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24604

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24596

Also, read post #5 in this thread....an obvious insinuation that he was paid. Don't try to say that's not what the author meant. That will fall on deaf ears. I don't think the author was serious...but you asked, I answered.

Once again, I do not see a single WVU fan who commented in any of those threads. You are wrong again.

Once again, I do not see a single WVU fan who commented in any of those threads. You are wrong again.

I am flattered that you are so enthralled in trying to prove me wrong. You obviously know Gman better than I.....I thought he was a WVU fan. If he is not a fan then I apologize to him for grouping him into that group. Now, can we move on from this infantile fascination with trying to prove me wrong please?

I am flattered that you are so enthralled in trying to prove me wrong. You obviously know Gman better than I.....I thought he was a WVU fan. If he is not a fan then I apologize to him for grouping him into that group. Now, can we move on from this infantile fascination with trying to prove me wrong please?

Like it was that hard to tell. I mean it's not like he has a VT gif in every post he makes.

I am flattered that you are so enthralled in trying to prove me wrong. You obviously know Gman better than I.....I thought he was a WVU fan.

I should ban your ass just for that...

It's only freaking huge, and at the bottom of every single one of the 13K+ posts he's made. You'd have to be the most oblivious person alive to miss it. Which might actually be the case...

Fixed that for you...

It's only freaking huge, and at the bottom of every single one of the 10K+ posts he's made. You'd have to be the most oblivious person alive to miss it. Which might actually be the case...

I think even at one point he confused you to be a WVU fan. So apparently he doesn't look at GIF's or usernames.

It's only freaking huge, and at the bottom of every single one of the 10K+ posts he's made. You'd have to be the most oblivious person alive to miss it. Which might actually be the case...

Not oblivious enough to notice the interest Thomas had for UT...... jk

I think even at one point he confused you to be a WVU fan. So apparently he doesn't look at GIF's or usernames.

"In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity." - Konrad Adenauer

Not oblivious enough to notice the interest Thomas had for UT...... jk

Good comeback. ;)

Oblivious or just don't give a shit....you pick counselor.