~50% Chance:

Galax

Giles

Fort Chiswell

Grayson

<25% Chance:

Bluefield

Richlands

Bluefield is the only team on Grahams' schedule that I think Graham has a less than 50% chance of beating next year, we'll see...

I like it when folks don't give the G-Men a chance. Makes winning that much better.

I truly believe that Graham can win every game on their schedule..but they play some quality opponents.

I can see them going 8-2 or better and making a good run in the playoffs.

• 3 weeks later...
Likelihood of victory:

Mortal Lock:

Bland

Narrows

>75% Chance:

Tazewell

Grundy

~50% Chance:

Galax

Giles

Fort Chiswell

Grayson

<25% Chance:

Bluefield

Richlands

I think your percentages are right on target! I do not see another upset this year referencing the Bluefield game; however, we all know that anything can happen with that one. Actually, I am predicting, and hoping, that Graham will win the MED this year. Go G-Men!

I think your percentages are right on target! I do not see another upset this year referencing the Bluefield game; however, we all know that anything can happen with that one. Actually, I am predicting, and hoping, that Graham will win the MED this year. Go G-Men!

9-1 and a deep playoff run is my prediction....

I really think Graham vs Beaver is a 50/50 type game. But the chances of me having a good pregame cold beverage is 100%!!

I think of all the teams Graham plays, Bluefield has the best chance of beating them next year......But I really think Graham can win all of their games....there will be 3 or 4 good ones in there... I woudlnt' be surprised to see them 10-0....but I wouldn't be surprised to see them 7-3....

One thing is for sure, those good opponents will only make them better come playoff time.

Who does Graham have that will replace Sheets' production on offense and Hatfield's production on defense? Those two are HUGE losses and will be hard to replace.

I expect to see more passing. They will have some solid players to contribute to the air attack. I wouldn't expect a fantastic long range attack, but some creativity in the short to mid range stuff will make them respectable. The running game will probably be about crushing you for 8 minute drives. The loss of Hatfield in the defensive backfield is, in my opinion, the toughest loss they have. However, the development of some very good freshmen is the wildcard in all of this.

No doubt the loss of Sheets and Hatfield will be tough to replace, but if I remember correctly Graham looked pretty good at times with Colby Hill at QB. I do know Coach Williams will have the G-Men strong and in shape. This is another year they have had in a real weight program unlike what they had prior to Coach Williams arrival. I honestly believe much of Graham's success last year was due to the fact they were in better shape than most teams they played.

I agree with futbolking that they could go 10-0 or 7-3. Anything less than 7-3 would be a huge disappointment IMO.

Who does Graham have that will replace Sheets' production on offense and Hatfield's production on defense? Those two are HUGE losses and will be hard to replace.

Colby Hill is a much better passer at QB... Roman Workman may not be as quick, but he is more physical at QB than Sheets was...and he can throw... I wouldn't be surprised of both Hill and Workman got playing time...

In the backfield, they will have plenty of weapons.... Kyshon Lee is ready to step up...Brennan Wheeler is solid....also, I'm hearing that a couple of kids that didn't play last year have been lifting....one of which is a terrific RB...there's an outstanding freshman coming up at RB...

But I'm not basing my prediction on the play of the skill positions....I'm looking forward to watching a Graham team with a big experienced line....something they haven't had in a while....should be very solid.

The biggest factor is another year in the weightroom and conditioning with Coach Williams.....he has turned that conditioning program around for sure....

Yep, I've been saying that since last season. I think the G-Men will be OK but I think some have their expectations set a little too high for this group...

Yep, I've been saying that since last season. I think the G-Men will be OK but I think some have their expectations set a little too high for this group...

And some may have them set a little too low...

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted anything in a while and would like to say I'm glad to see some posting about football again. I don't want to rush the summer away, but I always look forward to football. I just wanted to take a second to give my opinion about the upcoming 2013 Graham G-Men. I know almost all of this batch of G-Men and I have known for a long time that they were going to be a force to reckon with when they got older if they stuck together. I heard and was very disappointed to hear about the young man who was expelled and yes there was unlimited potential and expectations for him, but he is old enough to know right from wrong and the consequences are on him. To shorten this, the 2013 G-Men can be a state champ contender team from top to bottom, but unless a legitimate running back emerges, everybody's expectations that have posted on this board should be considerably lower. That's the only thing this squad is missing.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
2013 Graham football schedule

Aug. 30 at Bluefield 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 6 Tazewell 7 p.m.

Sept 13 at Richlands 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 20 at Grundy 7:30 p.m.

Sept. 27 Giles 7 p.m.

Oct. 11 Grayson County 7 p.m.

Oct. 19 Galax 1:30 p.m.

Oct. 25 Bland County 7 p.m.

Nov. 1 at Fort Chiswell 7 p.m.

Nov. 8 at Narrows 7 p.m.

Scrimmages:

Aug. 17 at Mitchell Stadium (Graham, Lebanon, Radford, Mount View)

Aug. 22 at Mitchell Stadium, Graham vs. Virginia High (benefit game), 7 p.m.

MaxPreps has Graham playing Haysi on the 27th. Anybody know what's up with this, does Graham play Giles or Haysi on that date? I sure hope it's Giles....that series will bring a tremendous gate for both schools.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/graham-g-men-(bluefield,va)/football/schedule.htm

Edited by futbolking

MaxPreps has Graham playing Haysi on the 27th. Anybody know what's up with this, does Graham play Giles or Haysi on that date? I sure hope it's Giles....that series will bring a tremendous gate for both schools.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/graham-g-men-(bluefield,va)/football/schedule.htm

The schedule I posted should be right, it was submitted to the BDT by the coach, unless something changed since then.