From the "I'M SHOCKED!!!" Files: 'Bama Players Taking Money

Stuff like this going to be interesting in the social media world with people trying to claim they were hacked after faux pas or actually were legitimately hacked.

If the NCAA were anything more than a cross between an ostrich and a Benny Hill skit, they'd immediately disregard the "hacking" argument and actually investigate this a bit. It's fashionable to say that you were hacked, though it's actually fairly easily to prove whether you were hacked or not.

The FBI has confirmed that the same suspects that hacked 60 Minutes and the Associated Press in the past couple of days hacked Fluker and a few others in the draft. Unfortunately, he was the only one in the draft that had something like this sent.

The FBI has confirmed that the same suspects that hacked 60 Minutes and the Associated Press in the past couple of days hacked Fluker and a few others in the draft. Unfortunately, he was the only one in the draft that had something like this sent.

This must be one of those "stopped watch" times for college athletes. ;)

Thanks for the clarification.

But it still makes you wonder...

After reading some of Fluker's previous tweets it doesn't seem to be consistent with his tweeting style, so it looks like a hack to me. If it is proven to be a hacker who is responsible I hope he/she can be prosecuted. What say you UVA? Is this grounds for a lawsuit or some other prosecution?

If the NCAA were anything more than a cross between an ostrich and a Benny Hill skit, they'd immediately disregard the "hacking" argument and actually investigate this a bit. It's fashionable to say that you were hacked, though it's actually fairly easily to prove whether you were hacked or not.

Agreed. I sure wouldn't have minded this being legit though. Would be nice to see Bama take a kick in the pill sack.

Agreed. I sure wouldn't have minded this being legit though. Would be nice to see Bama take a kick in the pill sack.

I guess if you can't beat Bama on the field, you can always hope the NCAA will do your dirty work for you. Stripes sounds like a typical Auburn fan.

Edited by blueinbama

I guess if you can't beat Bama on the field, you can always hope the NCAA will do your dirty work for you. Stripes sounds like a typical Auburn fan.

Not and Auburn fan. Not even close. Im ready for TN to go back to beating Bama like they did for most of Fulmers era, which took place before and after the NCAA reprimanded Bama for their dirty deeds.

Not and Auburn fan. Not even close. Im ready for TN to go back to beating Bama like they did for most of Fulmers era, which took place before and after the NCAA reprimanded Bama for their dirty deeds.

I know you're a UT fan. I said you "sounded" like an Auburn fan. UT fans aren't far behind that in terms of hating Bama. Good luck with your dream of beating Bama. Don't hold your breath.

Its coming. Not this year, but its coming. The thing with Bama/UT the beating seem to go in long cycles.

Bama leads the series overall 49-38-7, but since 1971 Bama dominates the series 27-14, with the streak at 6 wins and counting. You're right about the series being cyclical, but the cycles for the last 40 years strongly favor Alabama.

I am 46 years old and have never in my life seen so many people jump on one bandwagon. Blue, believe me, this is not directed at you.

The only suggestion I would make to the bandwagoners, is to wash your new bama shirt 10-11 times and leave it out in the sun a few days. Does anyone (Blue in Bama excluded) own an old Alabama shirt?

I have a good friend who lives close to VHS. He said after a basketball game there one night, people were filing out and it looked like an Alabama football game.

I am 46 years old and have never in my life seen so many people jump on one bandwagon. Blue, believe me, this is not directed at you.

The only suggestion I would make to the bandwagoners, is to wash your new bama shirt 10-11 times and leave it out in the sun a few days. Does anyone (Blue in Bama excluded) own an old Alabama shirt?

I have a good friend who lives close to VHS. He said after a basketball game there one night, people were filing out and it looked like an Alabama football game.

I remember during the days of Mike Shula (and before) seeing a sea of Auburn Orange and Blue every Saturday at the Galleria Mall in Birmingham, but you still had a ton of Crimson in the crowd. Now, on any given Saturday (even in the off season) you would be hard-pressed to find a handful of Auburn fans wearing their gear.

Here in Charlotte (I have been here since 2008) there has always been a fair amount of Bama fans wearing their Crimson, but now you can't go anywhere without seeing Tide fans sporting their gear. There's a bar here in Charlotte that has become home field territory every Saturday for Alabama football fans. It's Bailey's Bar and Grill on Pineville-Matthews Road. I have to work on Saturdays so I have never been during a game, but I'm told (by the owner) that they are always packed to the gills every Saturday. I hope to be able to go at least once this season just to experience it.

I guess my point in saying all that is everywhere I have been in the Southeastern US there has always been a good number of Bama fans.

I own plenty with the #12 on them... just most don't fit anymore

I remember during the days of Mike Shula (and before) seeing a sea of Auburn Orange and Blue every Saturday at the Galleria Mall in Birmingham, but you still had a ton of Crimson in the crowd. Now, on any given Saturday (even in the off season) you would be hard-pressed to find a handful of Auburn fans wearing their gear.

Here in Charlotte (I have been here since 2008) there has always been a fair amount of Bama fans wearing their Crimson, but now you can't go anywhere without seeing Tide fans sporting their gear. There's a bar here in Charlotte that has become home field territory every Saturday for Alabama football fans. It's Bailey's Bar and Grill on Pineville-Matthews Road. I have to work on Saturdays so I have never been during a game, but I'm told (by the owner) that they are always packed to the gills every Saturday. I hope to be able to go at least once this season just to experience it.

I guess my point in saying all that is everywhere I have been in the Southeastern US there has always been a good number of Bama fans.

There will always be Bama, Notre Dame, Ohio St. and Michigan fans any where you go. I have just never seen it this bad.

Bama leads the series overall 49-38-7, but since 1971 Bama dominates the series 27-14, with the streak at 6 wins and counting. You're right about the series being cyclical, but the cycles for the last 40 years strongly favor Alabama.

It seemed like in the 80s Bama always found a way to get a last second FG to beat UT.