Anyone else having trouble with this site?

Whenever I try to go to this site (usually by clicking the icon on my Favorites bar, but also does the same thing if I just type in the url) all I get is a white background with these words on it:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Fatal error: Call to undefined function cmps_template_alter() in /home/lance1/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php(2953) : eval()'d code on line 3

I've tried clearing my cookies, history, and such but nothing works and it's only doing it for this site. About the only way I can get on hear is if I search "swvasports" and click on "message board" from the search page (does the same weird screen if I actually click on "swvasports" on the search page). I know of at least one other person whose having this same problem who messaged me earlier.

Have no fear. Lance is on it. You guys aren't the only ones having the problem.

Oh, good! Glad it's not just my computer then. Been having some trouble out of it lately.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/index.php

use that link, and spread it around to anyone that needs it.

while i figure out wtf is going on....must have been an update to one of the PHP packages or something and the software doesn't like it.

anyway...i'll get it fixed as soon as possible....already working on it.

ALSO...go to your "edit options" page in "User CP" at the top and use the forum default style sheet if you changed yours to something else...I'm using the default and its fine for now.

short term issues...sorry.

I have been getting the same thing that Thomas shows in his post. I sent a PM to Thomas from the Clinch Mountain message board and he suggested I Google swvasports and keep clicking on links until I found one that worked. That is what I did and it worked.

Thanks Thomas!

I have been getting the same thing that Thomas shows in his post. I sent a PM to Thomas from the Clinch Mountain message board and he suggested I Google swvasports and keep clicking on links until I found one that worked. That is what I did and it worked.

Thanks Thomas!

No problem! The link that Lance provided on here is working fine for me. I just went ahead and posted it to my favorites bar and deleted the other link I had.

The problem is centered around the latest version of PHP and the front end portal of the site. I've talked to Gman about upgrading the front end to a Word Press based site and it looks like that is what we will end up doing.

Vbulletin no longer supports this version of the software (V3) as they consider it "end of life" and have moved on to V4 now. I personally do not care for V4, so I have not wanted to upgrade to it. But, now we are sort of being forced as they are not going to upgrade V3 anymore and as things change/evolve in PHP land more of these types of issues will pop up.

So...as my luck goes, if things are going to go out, it will happen in football season and probably the week of the playoffs or state when we are at our busiest point of the year...because thats just how my life works. To avoid that, we will probably just go ahead and upgrade now and be done with it...something still might go wrong, but it wont be because we have outdated software.

so...that is where we stand right now...and thats most likely the direction we are headed in.

just wanted to give you guys an update as to whats up.

I have been checking the site every day, including the FB page for an update. Emailed Lance on his Gmail account, but got no answer. Maybe an old email account? Anyway, glad to be back.

probably went to spam...sorry.

i tried to jump over to the cmd board, from my favorites link, it wasnt there, anyone else havin this problem?

there are a lot of sites that are having issues with the database after this last new PHP update...if you run in to one you visit often thats down, give it a couple of days and they will probably be back...just depends on how fast the updates come out and how much time the person running the show has to work on it. This last round of updates has caused more than a few issues to anything PHP based.

i'll try again.........thanks fellers... if it doesn't work ,can someone post link to site, im google and binging it, lol. well, it made a fool of me,,, tried it again and it worked...go figure

Edited by cwood78