Graham game tommrrow

RCITYHOO

Mitchell Stadium...any time Graham plays or scrimmages at home, its at Mitchell Stadium. There is no seating at the high school...unless you bring a blanket or a lawn chair.

Thanks, i remember playing at the school but then again that was a very long time ago

Have a safe trip and I hope you enjoy your day of football. Chick Fil A will be there, so bring a few bucks to get a chicken sandwich.........Bring some suncreen, however....can get very bright there in the middle of the day. Will be glad to see the Bobcats tomorrow at Mitchell Stadium.

besides the little league is have their grid o rama at GHS tomorrow!

HUGE crowd over there today! I haven't seen that many cars at GHS since the last time they held graduation there.

HUGE crowd over there today! I haven't seen that many cars at GHS since the last time they held graduation there.

Yes there was Gman, just got home from there, had been there since 2pm today!

I went. Graham looked pretty solid. 1st teamers beat Lebanon 2 td's to none...and tied Radford 2 td's apiece.... Graham forced 7 turnovers against Lebanon... (2 or 3 of which would've been pick 6's)....and 2 against Radford ...so defense looked pretty solid, Radford had some good athletes and it was a good matchup. I thought Graham and Radford were pretty evenly matched with 1st teamers.

For the JV's (or 2nd teamers)...Graham beat Lebanon 1 TD to none and lost to Radford 2 TD's to 1...

Graham has some good size and pretty good strength, defense looked very good at times, but gave up a few big gainers to Radford. Several players got time at RB...I was surprised to see Charlie Benfield running the ball, but he did a fine job. Dylan Cook had 2 nice TD runs, he ran with a lot of purpose and was hard to tackle... Hunter Cook played at WR and caught 2 TD passes and made a couple of difficult catches and appears to have really good hands... and Bryce Farris caught another TD pass and he appears to be somebody that will emerge as another weapon for Graham..... Adam Carbaugh also played a little bit on the offensive side. Should be interesting when they play Bluefield in a couple of weeks. I'm hearing that Bluefield doesn't look half bad either.

how did the teams look at the gridorama tonight anyone here see them.

I went. Graham looked pretty solid. Their first teamers beat Lebanon 2 td's to none...They forced several turnovers, a couple that would've been pick 6's...but of course they could only go past 50 yard line and it was blown dead. They scrimmaged Radford's 1st team to a draw (2 td's apiece)....Radford looked a little quicker than Graham, Graham looked a little more physical....both teams looked pretty good. Graham's 2nd teamers beat Lebanons' 1 td to none and lost to Radfords' 2 td's to 1....Graham tried some people at RB and WR that didn't play their last year....Looks like a few kids may be playing both ways this season, that didn't do that last year..Very solid starting team...but lack depth....

Radford and Graham were clearly better than all of the others, I expect both teams to have good seasons. Didn't really watch the other half of the field much, but Mt. View looked disorganized and Pikeview looked improved.

I went. Graham looked pretty solid. Their first teamers beat Lebanon 2 td's to none...They forced several turnovers, a couple that would've been pick 6's...but of course they could only go past 50 yard line and it was blown dead. They scrimmaged Radford's 1st team to a draw (2 td's apiece)....Radford looked a little quicker than Graham, Graham looked a little more physical....both teams looked pretty good. Graham's 2nd teamers beat Lebanons' 1 td to none and lost to Radfords' 2 td's to 1....Graham tried some people at RB and WR that didn't play their last year....Looks like a few kids may be playing both ways this season, that didn't do that last year..Very solid starting team...but lack depth....

Radford and Graham were clearly better than all of the others, I expect both teams to have good seasons. Didn't really watch the other half of the field much, but Mt. View looked disorganized and Pikeview looked improved.

Good to hear that about Mt. View, think they are coming down to Tazewell this Friday for a scrimmage!

I expect PikeView will get better under Bobby Wyatt.

BTW, who was playing #1QB for Graham?

Colby Hill started, but Workman looks really good..... I think both would do a fine job....Workmans' passes actually looked crisper and he was able to scramble for a TD that was called back.

I was very impressed with Hunter Cook at WR and Bryce Farris at WR, those 2 are legitimate weapons at that position...I think Large will be a threat at TE also.

A big question for Graham was at RB, but I think they have found a good one in Dylan Cook, who looks like he has put on 30 pounds of muscle this year....He ripped off a few runs of 15 or 20 yards including an impressive 20 yard TD against Radford. Kyshon Lee has potential at RB and Charlie Benfield picked up good chunks of yardage on the ground against Lebanon.

Bluefields speed concernes me, but Graham has a physical defense....and I counted 9 turnovers forced in thes 2 scrimmages.....

I know I've went off on a tangent here and talked about much more than you asked....but just some random thoughts.

I expect a very good game against Bluefield, although I didn't see Bluefield scrimmage and some of the Bluefield fans in attendance feel as if they will get payback against Graham this year.

Edited by futbolking

I talked with my uncle earlier this afternoon, he pretty much said the same thing about Graham as you did. He also went over and watched Bluefield-Christiansburg. He thought Bluefield looked pretty good...lots of speed and could be physical when needed...Coppola at FB is a load...my uncle said he's about 6'4", 230lb now. Would have been nice to keep him on this side of the line, but I understand his going to Bluefield considering his lineage (his dad was a beast at FB in HS too).

Doesn't surprise me about Bluefield. You know they are going to be very good every year ! Very well coached with good hard nosed kids and they always have speed. I have a lot of respect for their program ! Good fans also !

Sounds like Graham is going to be tough this year also ! The coach seems to be doing a great job with them !

I want to wish the fans of both schools a good season and it should be a lot of fun to watch the games between all 3 schools. ( with Richlands )

Should be great competition between all three!

Doesn't surprise me about Bluefield. You know they are going to be very good every year ! Very well coached with good hard nosed kids and they always have speed. I have a lot of respect for their program ! Good fans also !

Sounds like Graham is going to be tough this year also ! The coach seems to be doing a great job with them !

I want to wish the fans of both schools a good season and it should be a lot of fun to watch the games between all 3 schools. ( with Richlands )

Should be great competition between all three!

I hope you are right. It's been a while since Graham could compete with Richlands. Jury is still out. They looked very strong, hard to describe....not really big guys like 250 lbs...a lot of 190 to 200 lb kids that looked thick and strong. However, as I mentioned before....not a lot of depth coming off of the bench....One or 2 key injuries would hurt them in my estimation. Would love to see another good game against Bluefield like last season.

I talked with my uncle earlier this afternoon, he pretty much said the same thing about Graham as you did. He also went over and watched Bluefield-Christiansburg. He thought Bluefield looked pretty good...lots of speed and could be physical when needed...Coppola at FB is a load...my uncle said he's about 6'4", 230lb now. Would have been nice to keep him on this side of the line, but I understand his going to Bluefield considering his lineage (his dad was a beast at FB in HS too).

I agree, the name Coppola is synonomous (sp?) with Bluefield. Graham's D looked very good against Lebanon and good against Radford at times, but Radford eposed their defensive flaws oddly enough up the middle....hopefully Graham will get that corrrected. Dylan Cook will be capable of carrying the load at RB for Graham it appears....as mentioned before...Benfield and Lee are capable backs as well. Of course, these were just scrimmages and the coaches certainly know better than me and may have something else in mind. I sure hope Graham airs it out this year....they definitely have potential to take advantage of other teams' secondaries.