Holston vs Patrick Henry

cavdaddy

The Cavs have had a week off to heal up and get back to work.  I feel it was much needed for the second part of the season.  They will be going to PH this Friday and I feel this is just what the doctor ordered.  I think PH is the most overrated 3-2 team in the state.  I see the Cavs winning this one 42-6.  It used to be a rivalry, but the last couple of years it has been a route.  Thoughts?

42-6?  Really?  I think you have a rude awakening coming.  I'll be honest, I know very little about Holston but if they were all that good I would know more, right?  That's not being rude, just factual.  PH is much improved and I have not heard that about Holston. I would lower your expectations a bit.

I am not being rude Sir, but calling it like it is.  I agree they have improved.  But it behooves me to think they are the same caliber of team as Holston.  I just think the Holston boys have a mental edge over the rebels.  I seen both teams earlier this year and it was night and day. 

They have several common opponents Holston beat Rye cove 41-8 PH won 42-8, Holston Beat Twin Springs 34-33 PH won 14-13, Battle Beat Holston 34-6 Battle beat PH 35-6, Holston Beat Bland which has not won a game and PH beat a weak Thomas Walker that has one game just based on those games it would look like it should be a fun game to watch.

Should be a really tight matchup. There was alot of talk about both teams in the preseason(PH - vastly improved from where they were, Holston a darkhorse for the Hogo). PH seems to have lived up to it  and Holston has not. I say PH gets back to winning, but not my much.

looks to be a really good game

I think our boys are going to be up for this game.  We have suffered some bad injuries but still have some kids who can play.  The line play has been good and so has the Wright kid.  I expect a good game.

I'm not sure if PH will win, but they can win. For the first time in a long time this team believes.  There are at least 5 starters out due to injuries.The line play is good but has to get better. I think they have fixed some problems this week. The Wright kid seems to be the real deal.  

Not here to argue or start any up roar; needless to say, the two programs have went in different directions.  I stand by the Cavs record(s) the last six years.  Still feel they have something special in them and this year isn't over.  Don't count them out in the post season.  No disrespect Bugs Bunny but there is no comparison, I've seen both play this year. 

Not here to argue or start any up roar; needless to say, the two programs have went in different directions.  I stand by the Cavs record(s) the last six years.  Still feel they have something special in them and this year isn't over.  Don't count them out in the post season.  No disrespect Bugs Bunny but there is no comparison, I've seen both play this year. 

I too have seen both teams play. PH is going the right way. Holston has several good players, but will be bad after this year. I see PH winning this one.

I've also seen both teams play (both played Battle) and to me, especially going by how close their records are this year, I'd say this'll be a good game. PH having so many starters out worries me and that may hurt their chances of winning, but they do seem more excited about their program this year (which is a big help) and they have home field advantage. I'll give the edge to Holston, but not by much at all.

Cavdaddy, I was wondering why this is such a rivalry? I think I have heard of the 2 schools! What's the record history between the 2 schools? Just curious!

Looking at VHSL Reference, Holston is 5-9 against PH since 99 (Holston got those 5 wins in the last 5 years).

Cavdaddy, I was wondering why this is such a rivalry? I think I have heard of the 2 schools! What's the record history between the 2 schools? Just curious!

I am no historian but am familiar with the past 5 years. Complete dominance in all phases including the coaching side. I am not here to debate 20 years ago.

How many points did Holston give up to Twin Springs?

I like when you Abingdon folks have nothing better to do but to chime in on other conversations. Let me answer simply with, who won the game? Also, when was the last time Abingdon Football was relevant?

Guys he does this every week when Holston plays; he always talks about how great they are. Here's his prediction from the Battle game and if I remember right he said they would beat Marion also.

This may be one of the more exciting games this week with both teams posting undefeated records. Frankly I have heard good things from friends about Battle of how well they play. I really think this could be slobber knocker.  We haven't had to get up for a game yet this year but I foresee Coach Matlock getting our troops ready for this "Battle" (pun intended).  I have tremendous respect for Coach Wright and how he has turned it around down there but have to go with my Cavs in a close one 21-17.