John Battle @ Lee

Chappy

Not sure how many we have out exactly, but I know of Justus Blaylock for sure (went down with leg injury in the Central game) and apparently now his brother Wesley. It's not good for the Trojans. Both of these boys bring a lot to the team for offense, defense, and special teams. The coaches will have a plan however and we'll just have to see if it works out.

Stupid question: Why let you teammates down by racing motocross during the season? Do that stuff in the offseason.

They've been racing motorcycles for as long as or longer than they've played football. I'm sure motocross is just as important to them as football is and he was competing for a championship. It's unfortunate that they two sports were going on at the same time and that he got hurt during football season, but you can't ask a kid to give up a sport they love so much. You just have to hope that something like this doesn't happen.

Stupid question: Why let you teammates down by racing motocross during the season? Do that stuff in the offseason.

Really.....they have been doing it since they was able to climb up on the dang things....I hate to be ugly but dang it Jethro you gripe my butt.

Unless the posts are vulgar, threatening or calling out a kid, I do not think blocking someone from the message board is appropriate.  Especially if the only reason is you don't like what they are saying.  Free speech and all that you know...

Not saying I agree or appreciate what has been posted but this can be a slippery slope.  Just saying.

The Contitution says that I may say whatever I want. Even if I do get deleted/blocked for here it's so easy to just make another name with another email address. So essentially it would be a waste of the admins time. Personally I do what I do for that reason, to see everyone get worked up. And I have yet to say anything on here that should lead to my deletion. I'm next to the line but I never cross it. (;

The Contitution says that I may say whatever I want. Even if I do get deleted/blocked for here it's so easy to just make another name with another email address. So essentially it would be a waste of the admins time. Personally I do what I do for that reason, to see everyone get worked up. And I have yet to say anything on here that should lead to my deletion. I'm next to the line but I never cross it. (;

Actually I don't really see anything that would get you banned, (I actually enjoy the banter as long as it's civil) but I might enlighten you about the ability to ban your IP address...so don't get too cocky. 

I actually meant that as a joke...because he ceases to amaze me with his crazy antics:) I sure would hope with some of the stuff Jethro says that its to get a rise out of someone because there is no way somebody could be as dumb as he lets on sometimes......lol

He doesent deserve to get banned, there have been bigger jerks on here in the past. When he crosses the line an Admin. will let him know about it. Besides, hes starting to grow on me. Hes almost like a young Southy or Falconboy

As far as other activities during football season, imo he's right. If youre gonna play ball, then play ball. Everything else goes on the back burner. While that sport is in season thats what you focus on and put the others aside. The exception being track, you can play baseball or tennis and run track.

I know guys who raced competitively and didnt play football for that reason. Or just loved riding their dirtbikes or ATVs so much that they elected to not play football(my brother for example, he was pretty dang good too). Its a choice that you have to make.

He doesent deserve to get banned, there have been bigger jerks on here in the past. When he crosses the line an Admin. will let him know about it. Besides, hes starting to grow on me. Hes almost like a young Southy or Falconboy

As far as other activities during football season, imo he's right. If youre gonna play ball, then play ball. Everything else goes on the back burner. While that sport is in season thats what you focus on and put the others aside. The exception being track, you can play baseball or tennis and run track.

I know guys who raced competitively and didnt play football for that reason. Or just loved riding their dirtbikes or ATVs so much that they elected to not play football(my brother for example, he was pretty dang good too). Its a choice that you have to make.

Why do you make an exceptioon for Baseball, Tennis and Track and not for Football and Racing ?  That makes no sense.  You can't have it both ways. 

Lots of schools let their baseball and softball players run in track meets when there aren't any games to have a conflict. Some of the fastest kids play other sports than track. I might be wrong, but I think that is what redtiger was saying.

Because if you have the ability to run you dont really have to "practice" to run track, at least not the sprint and distance running events. You can almost just show up and compete(although maybe not at a high level). The VHSL even recognizes this by only requiring Track team participants to only practice 14 days a season ( http://www.vhsl.org/athletics.outdoor-track ).  If I was a HC I wouldnt allow a player to play Tennis and Baseball at the same time. The jumping events are different and demand dedication to them.

To safely play football or race or any 2 physically demanding sports you would need to practice at least 3 times a week. You cant physically do both at the same time. Both are incredibly demanding physically. Im not saying thats what led to the young man from Battle becoming injuried but I would take a close look at it if I was his parents or the football coach.

Thats exactly what im saying barondawg77

Because if you have the ability to run you dont really have to "practice" to run track, at least not the sprint and distance running events. You can almost just show up and compete(although maybe not at a high level). The VHSL even recognizes this by only requiring Track team participants to only practice 14 days a season ( http://www.vhsl.org/athletics.outdoor-track ).  If I was a HC I wouldnt allow a player to play Tennis and Baseball at the same time. The jumping events are different and demand dedication to them.

To safely play football or race or any 2 physically demanding sports you would need to practice at least 3 times a week. You cant physically do both at the same time. Both are incredibly demanding physically. Im not saying thats what led to the young man from Battle becoming injuried but I would take a close look at it if I was his parents or the football coach.

Thats exactly what im saying barondawg77

He's been racing all season and just now got hurt. The races weren't at the same time as practices or games, so I don't see anything wrong with it. Of course it can be a dangerous sport, but so can football for that matter. Also, you can get hurt running track (or doing field events) as well. Imagine you're at a track meet or practice the day before a baseball game and end up pulling or tearing something, then can't play in the baseball game. It can (and has) happened. Some sports are more physically demanding than others, so I see the point you're trying to make there, but how can you tell a kid to give up one of two sports they love when there's not scheduling conflict? His brother, Justus, also rides, but he didn't get hurt riding...it was in a football game.