Welcome to the Jungle!!!

redtiger

Altavista will definitely be the toughest/best team to visit Sandlick since Giles in 05 (no disrespect to Clintwood). This will be the biggest game at Sandlick EVER!

From what I've seen of Altavista they will be evenly matched with Haysi. They are a very good team with speed everywhere and size up front.

Thoughts?

Don't know that much about them just what I have read. I will give my thoughts later on this week but I agree that no doubt this game should be played at Sandlick period. You work to hard for home field advantage to get it taken away. Haysi players and fans have earned it and should receive it!

Congrats Redtiger on ALL accounts!! Be there rootin for the BDD's Red Tigers!! Bring it!! Only one problem, all my Red stuff has faded to this Really Nice Orange, still be ok to wear?

Sure! I don't care if you wear orange, black, green, blue, purple, whatever!   We will take you!

Altavista will definitely be the toughest/best team to visit Sandlick since Giles in 05 (no disrespect to Clintwood). This will be the biggest game at Sandlick EVER!

From what I've seen of Altavista they will be evenly matched with Haysi. They are a very good team with speed everywhere and size up front.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen Haysi, so I can't draw much of a comparison.  But Altavista is enormously talented, very well coached, and they've played against pretty stiff competition all year long.   If they hadn't lost to Gretna, it would be very easy to make the argument that they are the single best team in the Lynchburg/Central Virginia area this season.

Any team that faces Altavista will have to play their absolute best and avoid turnovers to have a shot.  I do think that the long trip to Southwest Virginia will have some impact on the Colonels, but I think a Haysi victory in this game would be considered an upset.

I haven't seen Haysi, so I can't draw much of a comparison.  But Altavista is enormously talented, very well coached, and they've played against pretty stiff competition all year long.   If they hadn't lost to Gretna, it would be very easy to make the argument that they are the single best team in the Lynchburg/Central Virginia area this season.

Any team that faces Altavista will have to play their absolute best and avoid turnovers to have a shot.  I do think that the long trip to Southwest Virginia will have some impact on the Colonels, but I think a Haysi victory in this game would be considered an upset.

It would definately be an upset.  Haysi has an enormous challenge ahead of them but I believe my Tigers stand a very strong chance of winning. I think Haysi matches up well with Altavista.  The game being at Haysi helps ALOT, long ride for the Colonels and a comfortable setting the Tigers.

It will take an almost perfect game from Haysi for the Tigers to win but I believe they are capeable of it.

It would definately be an upset.  Haysi has an enormous challenge ahead of them but I believe my Tigers stand a very strong chance of winning. I think Haysi matches up well with Altavista.  The game being at Haysi helps ALOT, long ride for the Colonels and a comfortable setting the Tigers.

It will take an almost perfect game from Haysi for the Tigers to win but I believe they are capeable of it.

Yep.  Anything can happen.  FWIW, I really expected Gretna to do a lot more in 2-A than they did this year.

I have seen Galax numerous times, obviously.  I have also seen Gretna, Altavista and Haysi this season.  I think Haysi is physically the much stronger team.  If they control the line of scrimmage, physically attack Thornhill the way they did Steven Peoples, and play physically on the receivers, they will win the game.  Thornhill is a great athlete but not overly strong physically.  The difference between Thornhill and Peoples is glaring.  Peoples took it and kept coming, Thornhill will not.  He didn't against Galax but Galax was not up to the task against any receiver corp this season.  Haysi is up to the task of playing pysically for 4 quarters against the Altavista receivers.

I also believe Colley will out prepare Scharnus.  He is simply the better coach.  The eastern schools have never adjusted to the old school tactics of the coalfield coaches and that is a huge advantage.

Tough loss for my Tigers. Haysi made a few mistakes and Altavista didn't.  Overall Haysi's Defense let Altavista have too many yards after contact and that allowed them to sustain drives. Once we got behind we had to throw the ball to keep up and that really took Bowen out of the game, more or less. AltaVista's Coach called a great game on Offense.

This has been a GREAT season for Haysi, best in the schools history, and at Haysi that is saying something.  13-1 is something to be proud of and all of Haysi is proud of this team!  This group of Seniors has done a lot and in the past 4 years they have brought this program a long way.

Lookin forward to another great season next year.

I keep seeing it written everywhere about this being the best season in Haysi history....it was truly a great season but it was actually Haysi's 4th appearance in the state semi-finals. Not sure how any of the 4 can be considered the best since they ended in the same game. I guess the only argument that could be made on that is that 05 was the only one with more than 1 loss. So that leaves 3 best seasons in school history I guess.

Im basing "best" off of their total wins, but that is skewed due to the extra playoff game.

I think Haysi will have a couple of RBs step up next season and be solid, they will rely on the pass more but should be a very good team.