SWVASports Survivor II - Week 11

rows_of_crosses_in_a_military_cemetery_r

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."  That Patton quote, Dear Leader's favorite, probably seems the most fitting this week.  If by "country", you mean "an ACC Survivor competition that is played for nothing else except pride".  Survivor is a war of attrition, where it's pretty easy to make it halfway and virtually impossible to make it to the finish.  You make your picks, taking calculated gambles where you can, and watch the people around you just fall away.  And boy, did they fall away in Week 10.  Like the Black Plague, the head-scratching stupidity that is ACC football whirled through our little village, claiming over half its victims.

GMan and our reigning champion, swvaoutdoors thought that Dave Doeren's puppies would continue their ACC futility against Syracuse.  WRONG.  The Wolfpack won its first ACC game in almost 2 calendar years by capitalizing on Syracuse's offensive ineptitude.  Pittsburgh and Duke...where to begin.  I actually feel kinda sorry for cityofRaven.  Rob Riggle gave that game away twice.  First, by inexplicably running his QB to the right hash to set up for a FG that was 2 yards longer than an XP.  Second, by not running Conner like the workhorse he is on Pitt's final drive in OT.  Completely inexplicable.  I darned near made that pick myself, and had I, I wouldn't be writing this post right now.  

Nevertheless, two remain.  Dear Leader is one.  The other is last year's runner-up, Canes00.  And we have 4 weeks to decide this thang.

Thursday, November 6th

#21 Clemson @ Wake Forest - 7:30 PM

Saturday, November 8th[/b]

#24 Duke @ Syracuse - 12:30 PM

Georgia Tech @ NC State - 12:30 PM

Virginia @ #2 Florida State - 6:30 PM

#25 Louisville @ Boston College - 7:15 PM

Picks left:

Canes00: Duke, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, Virginia Tech

Dear Leader: Duke, Pittsburgh, Clemson, Virginia Tech

Will it come down to an ACC Championship Tiebreaker, like last year?  Stay tuned.

Previous Picks: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WsgX4HispOcANdxapb8-8eJsS8Y5fXHLKGmyMnogCvk/edit#gid=0

UVAObserver's Pick for Week 11

Duke

If Syracuse loses to the flaming bag of poo that is NC State, they'll surely lose to a well-coached, disciplined team.