Union-49 Central-46 @ Union

BigWinners

I posted the liberal part because most likely, most of you are right-leaning political wise and I am not sexist, homophobic, racist, or any other negative accusation towards my character.

Mock me all you want, but if you ask some of the older LPD Forum posters, they will tell you that I know sports. This is a sports forum, yet all your little group of internet crusaders have talked about is me and my personality. Ask Counts or 1inStripes, I know my sports.

Im not trying to be arrogant, I am saying that I am not a sexist, Im a very liberal person who believes women deserve equal rights as men. I posted that I know sports inside out, because I thought that would steer the subject to sports. I likely do know more about random sports facts and the intricacies of a sport, I was pointing out that I would be an asset on this forum.

But if you guys are going to continue to be assholes and gang up on me, I will simply peace out and it will truly be your loss. 

I would like to extend my most sincere apology to you.  After re-reading your posts in this thread, I realized just what an accomplished, intelligent and articulate person you are.  I mean you are the "most liberal" person here.  (Was that supposed to be a positive?)  I guess that you are now the go to guy for all things sport-wise since you have more sport knowledge than all who abound on this board.  And your posts are so clear, concise and intellectually honest that I nominate you for the position of Dean of Students of the SWVA board!

Too bad that you had to lower yourself to posting on this board...which is obviously a mere shadow of the mighty LPD board.  Tells us again why that board failed?  I am a bit puzzled why it would have faltered given you were the super poster over there.  Hopefully, the multitude of your admirers will follow you here to get their daily dose of wisdom.  Only speaking for myself here but I have certainly "learned" so much from you! Thank you for that gift! 

And just imagine the heights your school would have reached on the athletic fields had you actually participated in sports!  Had you played, your school may have been able to compete with Gate City!  Just imagine that BW.  But now that I understand you a little better, I see that you did not participate because of the unfair advantage your contributions would have created.  That was very magnanimous of you!   

And you guys thought I was a pain in the behind.  This gomer actually takes himself seriously. 

You wanna know why the LPD Forum failed? For one, a few key members passed away. Another, the admin of the board had issues in his personal life and was unable to maintain the forum any longer.

We've went thru my athletic history, there is no doubt I am not some wannabe athlete. I played every sport until the 10th grade, and quit football my junior season because I am a moron and had issues in my life at that time. I dont take myself too seriously, you guys are the ones taking every post super seriously and trying to create issues when there are none (calling me sexist, comments about my personal life). 

So who's the poster being too serious and too petty, the one defending himself or the group of posters who seem obsessed with tossing insults abound?

China Cabinet dude... welcome

We all know China Cabinet Guy was from Gate City, and I have not threatened to meet someone out and BEAT THEIR DAMN ASS BY GOD.

If you remember him, you remember the time he wanted to fight me and issued a "challenge" to show up at the Park in Big Stone to fight him. I went, to laugh at the guy, he never showed.

Trumpet knows, if you guys show a little respect and we discuss issues rationally, I am a good poster.

Im pretty sure Bearcat Bob just called beautiful. I am flattered, but I am not enthralled with my image and drown staring at it. I'm not a moron, I know Greek mythology, and I am far from a narcissist, my humor is more self-depreciating but all that's happened so far is that you guys decided to gang up on me and try and make me seem foolish or irrational when I am neither.

We all know China Cabinet Guy was from Gate City, and I have not threatened to meet someone out and BEAT THEIR DAMN ASS BY GOD.

If you remember him, you remember the time he wanted to fight me and issued a "challenge" to show up at the Park in Big Stone to fight him. I went, to laugh at the guy, he never showed.

Trumpet knows, if you guys show a little respect and we discuss issues rationally, I am a good poster.

Im pretty sure Bearcat Bob just called beautiful. I am flattered, but I am not enthralled with my image and drown staring at it. I'm not a moron, I know Greek mythology, and I am far from a narcissist, my humor is more self-depreciating but all that's happened so far is that you guys decided to gang up on me and try and make me seem foolish or irrational when I am neither.

I'm not a narcissist, but let me tell you about a time when some person who got tired of my bull**** threatened to kick my ass and superior ol' me went just to laugh at him.

oh-the-irony.jpeg

Also, LOL at bolded.

I'm not a narcissist, but let me tell you about a time when some person who got tired of my bull**** threatened to kick my ass and superior ol' me went just to laugh at him.

oh-the-irony.jpeg

Also, LOL at bolded.

Ask anyone on the old LPD Forum, China Cabinet Guy was always the aggressor and was a moron. But again, I love the fact I have you so wound up just by posting.

It was a running joke, he always challenged people to fight. The people would show, and he would never show up. Again, I dunno why you have such a hard on for me.

EDIT-Forgot I had already responded, almost made another post.

You aren't familiar with the situation obviously. This guy would ALWAYS resort to threats of physical violence, yet when many a poster went to actually confront him because, well if you think I'm an a-hole, you'd think he was Hitler, it would have been hilarious to see his reaction and he would never show up but return posting after a day or two and continue to threaten to beat everyone's ass.

The point was that everyone had a run in with China Cabinet Guy, that was my encounter with him. Ive been in one real fight my entire life, in the 7th (IIRC) grade. I have NO doubt that I would get my ass kicked by a big majority of the general population. Im a bigger guy, 6'4, 220 pounds (used to be over 300 until I got blood clots in my lungs and let it go too long and lost a lot of weight. I looked like I had AIDS, I was down to as little as 164 pounds), but I'm a lover, not a fighter.

BTW, how can you make smilies on here? HTML verison? :) :P :p  or is there another way to do it?

Again, I dunno why you have such a hard on for me.

You're the "new guy", an easy mark.  You have to earn your skirt on this board, you don't just jump on here and become the Queen B...

I guess UVAO felt the need to "step up" in my absence...

As I said, I've missed not getting into the fray this week...would have been a ton of fun.  Flu bug has had me down, big time...but you'll find out soon enough who rules the roost...there's a reason for "hailing the hammer"...

You're more than welcome to stick around but you're going to have to stitch up that slit and get some thicker skin...

You're the "new guy", an easy mark. You have to earn your skirt on this board, you don't just jump on here and become the Queen B...

I guess UVAO felt the need to "step up" in my absence...

As I said, I've missed not getting into the fray this week...would have been a ton of fun. Flu bug has had me down, big time...but you'll find out soon enough who rules the roost...there's a reason for "hailing the hammer"...

You're more than welcome to stick around but you're going to have to stitch up that slit and get some thicker skin...

We're not worthy.......

You're right, you're probably not worthy, but maybe some on here are.

You've not been here long enough to get it. Maybe one day you will. Maybe you'll get the hammer before then. Who knows. But now that GMans back......

You've not been here long enough to get it. Maybe one day you will. Maybe you'll get the hammer before then. Who knows. But now that GMans back......

Once again, you took the first shot, and get all pissy when I fire back.

Why would I be banned? Ive not made obscene posts or took personal shots at anyone, if yall ban me just because Im not in your little clique thats pretty lame.

Once again, you took the first shot, and get all pissy when I fire back.

Why would I be banned? Ive not made obscene posts or took personal shots at anyone, if yall ban me just because Im not in your little clique thats pretty lame.

Show me one post where I've gotten "pissy."

I assumed the "We're not worthy" was directed at me, and you also insinuated that I made sexist posts, which is completely untrue.

Not to mention you have liked every single post in which a poster has talked shit about me. Im not mad, I think its hilarious. 

Okay, I dont wanna bitch back and forth with you. Truce?

I assumed the "We're not worthy" was directed at me, and you also insinuated that I made sexist posts, which is completely untrue.

Not to mention you have liked every single post in which a poster has talked shit about me. Im not mad, I think its hilarious. 

Okay, I dont wanna bitch back and forth with you. Truce?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but maybe I can add some perspective here.  You know when a divorced mom with kids meets a guy and they get married, and the new "dad" comes in and wants to be all badass and overbearing?  That's kind of what I am observing here.  Maybe the new "dad" needs to have a little more respect for the family members who have grown to know and respect each other in order for him to recieve that same respect.  New "dad" probably has to make a better effort to be accepted if he wants to be respected.  Otherwise, divorce is probably unavoidable.  Just my two cents. 

Thats a terrible analogy, because I came in with no intentions of irking the guys here. I was going back and forth with that GC fan, and then all of the sudden I am sexist and the rest of the forum decides to throw stones.

Its more like a traveler arriving at a destination. Most of the time, the hosts are more courteous and welcome other members instead of picking arguments all the time.

I have NEVER once attacked any of the other posters aside from Guru with no provocation. 

Thats a terrible analogy, because I came in with no intentions of irking the guys here. I was going back and forth with that GC fan, and then all of the sudden I am sexist and the rest of the forum decides to throw stones.

Its more like a traveler arriving at a destination. Most of the time, the hosts are more courteous and welcome other members instead of picking arguments all the time.

I have NEVER once attacked any of the other posters aside from Guru with no provocation. 

It's not about assigning blame.  It's about becoming part of a community.  We all disagree at times, and sometimes we disagree passionately, but in your case  you seem to have come in roaring like a lion with an attitude and haven't stopped since you arrived...and that's off-putting. 

It's not about assigning blame.  It's about becoming part of a community.  We all disagree at times, and sometimes we disagree passionately, but in your case  you seem to have come in roaring like a lion with an attitude and haven't stopped since you arrived...and that's off-putting

Word...

I don't have a dog in this fight, but maybe I can add some perspective here.  You know when a divorced mom with kids meets a guy and they get married, and the new "dad" comes in and wants to be all badass and overbearing?  That's kind of what I am observing here.  Maybe the new "dad" needs to have a little more respect for the family members who have grown to know and respect each other in order for him to recieve that same respect.  New "dad" probably has to make a better effort to be accepted if he wants to be respected.  Otherwise, divorce is probably unavoidable.  Just my two cents. 

Yep, he's going to have to learn who "daddy" actually is over here...