Union 2015 Team

Unionguy_2017

The thing about this Union team is that when teams do take away the pass (which maybe only richlands can do) we can run well. The key to this years team is the defense. This is the best D we have had, holding Tn High to 7 Varisty points is no small feat!

I don't think that even most Richlands fans believe we can completely take away the pass from Union.  You have a good QB with a very good arm and a great set of receivers with size, speed, and good hands so it's gonna be hard for anybody to stop that,  but I think because of the size and speed of our D-backs this year,  we may have a better chance at slowing it down or at least limiting the damage they can do better than most of the teams the Bears will face this year.  But I think it all comes down to how well our front 7 is able to put pressure on your QB,   as others have stated on here,  probably the best way to slow down that pass offence is to put the QB either on his back,  or make him hurry his passes more than he wants.

This is gonna be another classic in this series !!   That stadium is gonna be over flowing with a college type of atmosphere,   that is the only thing I know for sure about that game..........well that and it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

But,  the Blues will need to take care of Business at Ernie the week before against a very good and dangerous team in GC.  Over look them at all,  and it could be a long night for the Blues.  I have too much respect for their program to look past them,  and I can bet you that Mance will not make that mistake ! 

I don't think that even most Richlands fans believe we can completely take away the pass from Union.  You have a good QB with a very good arm and a great set of receivers with size, speed, and good hands so it's gonna be hard for anybody to stop that,  but I think because of the size and speed of our D-backs this year,  we may have a better chance at slowing it down or at least limiting the damage they can do better than most of the teams the Bears will face this year.  But I think it all comes down to how well our front 7 is able to put pressure on your QB,   as others have stated on here,  probably the best way to slow down that pass offence is to put the QB either on his back,  or make him hurry his passes more than he wants.

This is gonna be another classic in this series !!   That stadium is gonna be over flowing with a college type of atmosphere,   that is the only thing I know for sure about that game..........well that and it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

But,  the Blues will need to take care of Business at Ernie the week before against a very good and dangerous team in GC.  Over look them at all,  and it could be a long night for the Blues.  I have too much respect for their program to look past them,  and I can bet you that Mance will not make that mistake ! 

I don't think we can shut them down. I don't think anyone can do that. But I feel like we have a good chance to slow it down a bit. We have a nasty front 7. They like to get after the QB and put some hits on em. If you can get a good clean hit a time or two, that gets into the QBs head, especially one with no starting experience. When you couple that with our DBs that have better height than most teams around (obviously expect Union), then I think we can slow it down a bit.

But, it's entirely speculation at this point. Most important game right now is Honaker.

I agree with you Ryan.

The Honaker game is important for many reasons,  a good chance to work on the things such as timing, blocking schemes, defensive assignments,  getting the inexperienced some game experience,  and to a certain degree,  local bragging rights........especially to those of us that are married to Honaker fans.  It could mean whether I get to sleep in my bed,  or on the couch,  and whether I have to eat my own cooking for a short time.....lol

But in all seriousness,  to me at least,  the most important game coming up is the 1st one that actually counts in the standings and can set a tone for the upcoming season.

Of course, last year we started off with a couple of loses and quickly got things turned around and had another good run,  but with all the expectations heaped upon this years team,  getting off to a good start could be very important for this group.

Actually,  I think I would be sleeping on the couch and eating Cheetos,  or all of a sudden on a diet if it's a blowout in Richlands favor,  if Honaker was to win,  I think she would be so happy,  she wouldn't care where I sleep and probably wouldn't mind cooking again. 

I could stand to lose a lb or 2 and I have a pretty comfortable couch with a big screen in there,  so I will take a Blues victory tomorrow night.   I figure by game 2 or 3 she'll be over it and I can move back into the bedroom.

ps:  sorry Union guys,  this stuff should be in the Richlands / Honaker thread.

Again played the freshman QB instead of Spears. Noaks didn't play on offense. However, we still looked very good. Moved the ball at will, defense played solid, just a few things to tighten up before we play the speedy Burton Raiders.