Union/Tn High Scrimmage

Unionguy_2017

Just a brief update here. In full varsity on Varisty Union came out on top 21-7 if I'm not mistaken. Union was without their starting quarterback and a star WR due to some crazy suspensions. However, we used a freshman QB and we made some big plays. TN high was much bigger than we were, but we held them under raps for the most part. Very very good showing for the Bears.

Looks like it may be a battle between Union and the Blues this year in Southwest VA. I heard nothing but good things from Unions scrimmage with Tennessee High yesterday. 21-7 when lightning struck and stopped the show early.....and Union was missing their starting QB and another key offensive weapon. I think GC is just a few steps behind the best teams in SW VA this year and that possibly could be coming in 4th behind Ridgeview..... even though I came away fairly impressed in their scrimmage with Betsy. Should be some good battles this year between the top teams. I think GC and Ridgeview will make strides towards the end of the season....but Southwest VA area should be Union or Richlands to lose. (And I'm not including the teams from Three Rivers.....just speaking of Mountain and Southwest district)

It sounds like the Bears scrimmage highlighted both the strengths and weaknesses of the Union team.  When you have 60 + players then organizing, managing, doctoring, and disciplining can keep the coaching staff busy.  Last season due to injury I'm not sure the Bears ever put the same team on the field two weeks in a row.  But the depth is there to make the adjustments as needed.  As a Bear fan I sure was excited about reading how well the freshmen quarterback and sophomore receiver did in the Stone Castle.  I'm looking for a lot of exciting plays from those two over the next several seasons.  Also I heard good comments about the Bears defense.  It does seam like a solid beginning for the team.       

The Bears sound like they are going to be very good...........as usual !  Much respect for your program !  Looks like it is going to be another monster matchup with the Blues again and I can't wait !  I was thinking I should probably come on down and reserve my seat now because it is gonna be a HUGH crowd for that one...........and a great atmosphere and mucho fun to watch !!!!

Good job representing SWVA last night even though it was a scrimmage,  it still shows what the Bears are capable of this year !