Richlands @ Central

Ryan4VT

They spread teams out, then try smash it inside are have the QB pull an run. But I'm very confident that the Blues are to big an physical for them to do much of anything. But watch out for that QB Mullins he is slick hard to tackle good in space. But I think Richlands wins by 17

Quote from KTN by Central head coach...

“We ’re going to run the football. That’s just how it is when you’ve got an old offensive lineman
as a head coach.We’re going to line up and run power. Our formations are going to look different,
but the emphasis is still lining up and running the football and controlling the clock. You
look at what Glenvar did last year. They were big and physical. They lined up in spread but they
ran the ball right down your throat. They ate clock and they were hard to stop. â€

“People think you’re going to chuck it 50 times a game, but we’re not. We’re going to line up
and run it 50 times a game. We’re going to spread people out. I’m not going to say that we’re not
going to throw the football. But we can incorporate some zone-read stuff in there with our quarterback
because he’s so athletic, we’re good at tailback, we have four or five offensive linemen
back so we should be pretty good up front, too.â€

Stop their QB and you stop everything.

I always liked Luke. I hope he succeeds......just not this Friday night!

If all they do is run fifty times and throw a pass or two to try and keep people honest, they may not get fifty plays on offense. I guess that's why we play the game on turf or grass and not pencil and paper or in UVAobservers words your "E-pen....lol

Of course what do I know right? I didn't think there was anyway Union would score more than thirty on our defense and we all know how ignorant I was there....

Central is 3 wide with a H-back Pistol. Read option, Iso, Lead and QB Sweep were what they ran against Rv. Just enough of a passing game to keep the Defense honest, not a great passing team but don't sleep on them. QB is the main threat but the RB is solid. They are a run first team but a modern run first team.

Richlands by 21+

Richlands D is made to stop the run. Outside of Union, no team has more than 50 yards rushing against us. I don't see much changing this week. Richlands will load the box and force the QB to throw and make their WRs beat us 1-on-1.

Richlands 49

Wise 10

Richlands D is made to stop the run. Outside of Union, no team has more than 50 yards rushing against us. I don't see much changing this week. Richlands will load the box and force the QB to throw and make their WRs beat us 1-on-1.

Richlands 49

Wise 10

I agree completely

If Richlands plays like they did against Graham,  I don't think that Central can stay with them.  The Blues looked so good in every faze of the game last week.  I think we'll find out if the Blues are that good,  or was Graham that bad.  I think it was mostly that Richlands may just be that good. 

The Blues are very balanced as a team and on offense.  If you crowd the line to stop the run,  Asbury and his receivers will burn you,  but if you play back to stop the pass, the O-line and blankenship will run over and around you.

Their D is very aggressive and hard hitting,  and may be the best set of D backs the blues have had in a long while.   The front 7 are very good and keep pressure on the QB.  It's also VERY tough to run up the middle on them.  Number 27 ( Wade )  is just a monster at linebacker,  I love watching him play,  he flat out brings the lumber ! 

Their biggest weakness is in the special teams on kick coverage and the kicking game in general,  but they've worked hard on that after the Union game and a new tee had Barrett looking much better last week.

I know this sounds like a homers view of the Blues,  but it is what I have seen in the first 3 games and I think they can still get better.

Richlands 42 Central 14

I honestly think Richlands has some of the best players in the state on their Defense. Wade is a monster at linebacker, one of the best in the state. Holmes on the d-line always pressuring the QB, he's one of the best in the state. Then Atkinson at corner. Heard he was 5 picks away from the school record and it's only three games in. Lol. But this defense as a whole has great potential if they can all stay healthy! I think they handle Central with ease