Ridgeview vs Union

UniON_FoOtBaLL

Gavin is banged up, a couple linemen are banged up (including their best one), and there are a few more guys nursing minor injuries

Nothing huge, just hope Union can get out of the park with a win and everyone healthy for hosting GC next week.

Gavin did not have the spiral fracture once though it was. However he does have a half cast on that will somewhat affect his catching the ball. I hope for a good game and all players stay healthy but I don't see this as a big blowout. Turner has respect for Mullins and in the case it were to get ugly (not saying it will) I think younger players will get some game time. High school football can get crazy I see union winning by 2 scores with Rv getting some late points on the board.

Wasnt close. Having seen both teams before I knew it wouldnt be. For what its worth Ridgeview is on their 3rd string QB and without their best player. They are still figuring out how to get all the pieces together and what works/doesnt work. They did look better at times tonight than they have all season(well other than the Jenkins game).

Keep improving, keep getting better

looks like the pack is playing for next year, injuries are killing us. not that it would have made any difference in outcome, but score may have been closer.....lotta freshmen, sophs,getting to play......can only get better......

I predicted an entertaining and hard fought game but it was neither.  Union was ahead 21-0 before all the Bears fans got to their seats.  I have seen Union and I stand by my assessment of the Bears but I was shocked at how bad the Wolf pack looked.   They seemed so timid and uncertain; just not the characteristics of a Green Wave or Tiger team.  I'm sure they will come around but it looks like they won't likely have a post season this year.  Does anyone know how many years you'd have to go back to find a season where both Haysi and Clintwood missed the playoffs? 

I predicted an entertaining and hard fought game but it was neither. Union was ahead 21-0 before all the Bears fans got to their seats. I have seen Union and I stand by my assessment of the Bears but I was shocked at how bad the Wolf pack looked. They seemed so timid and uncertain; just not the characteristics of a Green Wave or Tiger team. I'm sure they will come around but it looks like they won't likely have a post season this year. Does anyone know how many years you'd have to go back to find a season where both Haysi and Clintwood missed the playoffs?

Realistically, 2 wins gets you contention for a playoff spot. I think RV makes it in.

7 count them 7,were out due to injuries, makes a BIG difference, union would have still won, enough said, we WILL get better...

And you dont think Union was banged up? I hate when people try and make excuses like that, No offense to RV, but those seven kids dont make up 40 points.

IMO I don't think anybody was making excuses. I think the Ridgeview fans on here have taken the last three games pretty well considering how use to winning they are. But facts are facts and the facts are that they are down to the 3rd string qb I think that is correct and lost there best player so I think instead of excuses I would call it frustration that they don't have the team on the field that they had planned on. 7 starters is a lot and changes the whole complexion of a team.

And you dont think Union was banged up? I hate when people try and make excuses like that, No offense to RV, but those seven kids dont make up 40 points.

Banged up?!  Everyone is banged up, were almost halfway through the regular season but Union started all of their starters and Rv started a JV QB. WR/OLB(best player), QB/best CB,  FB were out for Rv as well as other contributors. It makes a difference. Would it have changed the outcome, of course not. Union is a state title contender but the team that Union played started a SO QB, a FR WR and a FR RB got a lot of carries.  Lets take Noakes(?), Gavin and the QB off Union and see how they do. They would have still beat Rv but it would have been closer.

Honestly if Hill was healthy idk if Gavin or Mitchell get more than 2-3 downfield catches. Union didnt test Artrip all night, with Hill matching up on the other side and Reynolds matching up on Noakes the Rv D would have been much more competitive

Like hhstigers7327 said, its more frustration on our part. Early, very Early in the season(1st/2nd scrimmage) we were mixing up formations I/Shotgun/Pistol/Wildcat and throwing the ball well underneath but injuries have made us pretty much one dimensional and VERY predictable. I have my opinions on what should be done but im gonna keep them to myself. All were saying is were down 5 starting positions on O/D.

Cwood78, they are taking their lumps and they are getting better