Lee @ Ridgeview

fb-fan24263

This will be a very competitive game imo, Lee is solid but so is Rv.

JIB had some success against Lee with the run game and that makes me think Rv can do the same thing.

I see Rv winning a very close game. 

Don't let the Lee vs J.I. Burton fool you we just had the worst showing in 3 years and Burton had a flawless game. BTW several of our starters were out and a couple were only 50% at best and most will be back this Friday. I know from this forum that you guys know all about people out and not 100% because of injuries. Either way looking forward to playing Friday night at RV I agree will be close but I think Lee will pull off the win.

Lee's Qb situation seems to easy to capitalize on. If we could ever settle on a Qb let him get some confidence and give him a chance to grow it would make a world of difference. #14 is a sophomore if I remember correctly and who the team needs to focus on.

Until that is settled, game plan to beat Lee is pinch the middle and play shallow zone on the edges

Just my opinion,

Lee's Qb situation seems to easy to capitalize on. If we could ever settle on a Qb let him get some confidence and give him a chance to grow it would make a world of difference. #14 is a sophomore if I remember correctly and who the team needs to focus on.

Until that is settled, game plan to beat Lee is pinch the middle and play shallow zone on the edges

Just my opinion,

Stick with the senior and don't make that change in the middle of a game, momentum disruption.

For all the Lee fans, directions to Ridgeview follow

I assume most of you know how to get to Clintwood so go to Clintwood. When you get to Clintwoods field continue through the red light on 83. At the next light(in front of Clintwood High) bear RIGHT to stay on 83. Continue appx 1/4 mile and 83 takes a sharp right curve. Continue on 83 over that mountain out of Clintwood, past 83 Gas and Grocery and up the next mountain(3 lane road, passing lane will be on your side) at the top of the mountain take a LEFT turn onto Rose Ridge Road(there is some road construction but it should be cleared up by the time you all come through). The school is about 3/4 of a mile on Rose RIdge on the LEFT, you cant miss it.

In terms of parking most of the available parking will be in front of the school but its about 400 yards to the stadium entrance from there. If you cant walk that far you approach the school through the parking lot and then go left around the school(. Continue past the stands and open parking is on the left side of the road(there are several handicapped spots by the entrance). That does fill up fast(by 6:00 it will be full). There is also some parking to the left over in the grass before you get to the bleachers but it too fills up fast. 

Have a safe trip

Very good, very competitive ball game. Rv looked better than they have all season(except against Jenkins but that dont count). Rv just missed too many opportunities and the OL continues to struggle.

On Ridgeviews last Offensive play it appeared to me that the ball carrier fell across the goal line, the refs called the ball down at the 1. I was a long way away, would like to hear some other opinions. 

It appeared to me that he was down then tried to reach the ball across if he'd been a half of yard more it would've been a TD. You guys have a beautiful facility and was much better than I had expected. At the game everyone seemed really nice but we stopped at McDonald's in clintwood and some redneck about to try to start a fight with us. We just went in to get something to eat was coming out and started saying we were cheating SOB's. I'm just 14 years old so my dad being the bigger man told him "God bless and we'll pray for you."

I apologize for that, idiots everywhere. I didnt see anything that would justify anyone being called a cheater.

The only thing I saw that was questionable was on a int by the Lee Defense Rasnick singled out a Rv player well behind the ball and tried to lay a huge hit on him, he missed but to me it wasnt necessary. Btw, hes a very good LB

I apologize for that. Idiots everywhere. I didnt see anything that would justify anyone being called a cheater.

The only thing I saw that was questionable was on a int by the Lee Defense Rasnick singled out a Rv player well behind the ball and tried to lay a huge hit on him, he missed but to me it wasnt necessary. Btw, hes a very good LB

saw targeting on the first lee high series by RV #7. Clearly going for the head and clearly not necessary. Other than that good ball game. Give RV a few years.

In 3 years, I believe whoever comes out of the mountain conference will be gifted with a 2a title.

Just saw the video. Terrible call late in the 4th quarter, Ridgeview went for the touchdown on 4th and goal from about the 2. Referee called the runner down, video shows a clear score. RUMOR is that the clip was sent to the head official with the question how is this not a TD. The guy told him he was watching the wrong back. He thought the halfback had the ball when the fullback did. He called the wrong player down while the fullback lay a yard in the end zone with the ball. Not sour grapes just interesting info.

Can't tell conclusively when his knee actually went down, but it appeared to me that the ball fell on the goal line and then he bounced another yard or so. I guess Lee finally got a break on a controversial call. I would have called it a TD.