Tigers_07

keys to game for both teams

for George Wythe

1. Start running game early

2. Contain Honaker's Avin Parrott

for Honaker

1. Get Avin Parrott going early

2. Contain George Wythe's running game

to me those are the keys for both teams, if I have miss something, go ahead and correct it

IMO Honaker must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. GW has been suspect against the pass this year (according to what I have read) but we have to be able to run the ball to exploit that. The defense has got to play outside contain. The next two weeks we should learn how to defend the jet sweep. Can't let them have the edge.

IMO Honaker must control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. GW has been suspect against the pass this year (according to what I have read) but we have to be able to run the ball to exploit that. The defense has got to play outside contain. The next two weeks we should learn how to defend the jet sweep. Can't let them have the edge.

What you've read is correct. We haven't been good against the pass all year to the point that it blows my mind lol! 

The jet is still a staple of our offense, but we haven't ran it as often this year as we've been known to. That's just not the type of backs we have. We still run it a lot, and still fairly effective with it, but our run game is more based on power and counters. 

Honaker always has good line play on both sides of the ball so I think that will be the deciding factor in this game..........which in reality is the case in most football games.  The line ( for any team ) rarely gets the credit they deserve.  This will be a great test for the tigers and one they need.

Honaker in a close game.

This is one of those games that makes high school football fun and interesting as an unbiased observer.  Two tradition rich schools with proud, knowledgeable fan bases meeting during the regular season when neither have to.  I will give Honaker a slight advantage but only slight.  GW is much better than they showed in the season opener against Radford. 

I am pulling for Honaker in this game but I think GW is a tough match up for Honaker this year. After seeing both teams...... I feel that GW will have a size and strength advantage in this match up. I think it will be the difference come late in the game.

Honaker - 21

George Wythe - 28

Speed can also neutralize size.

This is one of the games I had to take a chance on in the pick ems.....lol

Most will pick Honaker and it is on Home turf.....I hated to pick again you guys but its just a gut feeling I guess....lol

Should be a GREAT High School football game. Good luck to both teams!

My family want speak to me at Thanksgiving dinner......lol

I am extremely impressed with Hartley Hilton at QB.  As a sophomore, he is doing a tremendous job leading the team, and he's got a cannon of an arm.  I watched his HUDL video the other day.  He made one throw rolling out to his left, threw the ball against his body for about 45 yards with ease for a strike.  I know this years Tiger team is young, but they are looking pretty darn good.  Should be a good measure of where they stand against GW tomorrow night.

I really hope to make it to a Honaker game this year now that I'm back in the good 'ole US of A!

Also, if you get a chance, Google the name Brittain Brown and take a look at his HUDL video.  He's the RB/DB for Cherokee HS in Canton, GA (where I teach and live).  He committed to Duke over Stanford, Clemson and a few other schools.  He reminds me a little of Jalen Hurd for UT, who played HS in Roswell, GA, one of our region rivals.

Can someone tell me the starting time?  We normally start our games at 7 but I heard it will be a 7:30 start.  I hope for the latter so I can make kickoff  after i get off from  work.