Wise Central @ Grundy

Unchained

I know the Golden Wave took it on the chin Friday at Honaker,but they are an improved squad. Can anybody update us on the status of McNutt and Anglin? Hoping that both will be a go Friday night as we travel to Grundy and their Homecoming

I think Union and Grundy have been at the same jamborees since 2012, and this year's team is the best I've seen yet. Having seen Central play Eastside, I would give the edge to Central. However, if Grundy can load the box and stop Central's QB then they have a shot.

Don't know how injuries will play out.

The school has been referred to as Central,Wise County Central,and Wise Central by various media outlets. Folks are going to call it what they want (that happens when you stick a generic name on it like Wise County did). Not that it should matter

Had Wise County a shred of sense and not wasted tons of money and build what this county needs 2 schools,we wouldn't be having this discussion. In a few years Eastside will be a storage building,and we'll have another clusterfrig figuring out where to send their kids:(

It will be a mess. Eastsides kids will go to Central but what haoppens when Norton joins Wise Co? You cant send those kids to Central because then youre looking at a 4A school and we all know the mess that would be

By the time another consolidation discussion comes up Eastside will go to Central or they will have a VERY tiny 1A. A few of the Norton kids will go to Central, but most will go to Union. Less than a 10 minute drive from Burton to Union.

OR the ORIGINAL plan will happen. Norton will go to Eastside. (highly doubt this one)