Dream team a man down or does it even matter? Jealousy in Richlands

local_insight

Seems odd talking about a player transferring out of Richlands lol

At least we got something back for losing Booker.

Actually, that just completes the trade as Fuller and his dad were the "players to be named later"...

I'm just hoping we get Richlands' first round pick for next year, too...

Actually, that just completes the trade as Fuller and his dad were the "players to be named later"...

I'm just hoping we get Richlands' first round pick for next year, too...

If Palmer can score that first round pick and sign some of these free agents that futbolking keeps mentioning then we might be getting near Richlands' level of "reloading."

What are we hearing on the WV side? Anyone had a falling out with Simon yet this summer and plan on jumping the line?

No doubt. Both teams should be very talented this season.

For the first time in a long time Graham should be near the talent level of Richlands and "should" get an advantage of playing them at Mitchell on a short week. Big game experience means a lot though and I've seen Mance first hand beat teams that were more talented so they still have the edge there.

If Palmer can score that first round pick and sign some of these free agents that futbolking keeps mentioning then we might be getting near Richlands' level of "reloading."

What are we hearing on the WV side? Anyone had a falling out with Simon yet this summer and plan on jumping the line?

Not that I know of, but Simon has a tendency to run people off.

For the first time in a long time Graham should be near the talent level of Richlands and "should" get an advantage of playing them at Mitchell on a short week. Big game experience means a lot though and I've seen Mance first hand beat teams that were more talented so they still have the edge there.

Offensively, yes.  Defensively??  Still yet to show me that they can play defense with the big boys.  I guess we will see. 

The Dalton kid is a big boy but he lacks the experience of playing at the varsity level.  I'm with UVAObserver on this I just don't think Graham's line is going to be well enough to compete with the good teams.  Richlands supposedly has two kids that are transfers that are men on the line.  Graham's line play at the beginning of the season last year wasn't that good but by the end of the year Austin had them playing pretty dang good.  I just don't know if he has those same caliber of kids coming back this year.     

Time will tell, but you may be correct, I tend to agree with you guys about the inexperienced lineplay and the defense.  As I said before, some of the youngsters have worked hard in the offseason and have gotten stronger.  Some of the better line play that I have seen in the past weren't necessarily the biggest, but were strong and quick.  Hopefully us Graham fans will be pleasantly surprised. 

However, since this is a basketball thread... didn't mean to get us off on a tangent.  I do think Graham and Richlands will both have excellent teams this season.  Graham must replace Workman and Clarke, but they have several talented sophomores coming up.  And a little bit of size coming up as well.  Don't forget that Allen and Cooper were freshmen and Dalton was just a sophomore.  Morgan will be a senior.  Curto will be a junior (Not sure).  Anyway, the point is they are young and full of talent and the JV team wasn't far behind.  I just can't wait to get until the end of the summer, so I can start enjoying some good football and basketball.