Dream team a man down or does it even matter? Jealousy in Richlands

local_insight

Has the jealousy finally self destructed?

Richlands High School upcoming Senior Cody Fuller has officially let the cat out of the bag. From a undisclosed source he has officially enrolled at Bluefield High School. The question is why? Well, it's known that there may be some lost love being his father is the former Richlands High School varsity boys basketball coach.

Fred Phillips led the Richlands Blue Tornado from a 10-18 losing season to near State Tourny clinching 17-5 winning season. Bringing back all starting 5 and almost the whole bench to make a run at what could be close to the season of 1985 near perfect season. Having talent all around the ball, yet losing a great shooter. Questionable move if you ask me. Leaving who you have been synchronized with from childhood. Very questionable.

How bad will it really hurt though? Awaiting his position the outstanding shooter Grant Herndon who is a much more consistent on a night to night basis. I assume the Richlands VS Beaver games will be much more intriguing now that there is blood in the water.  

Via Your inside scoop. 

Everyone thought he was going to Honaker last season...no big deal.  However, if the move was made just because Fred is the head whistle in Tornado Town, that's just plain sad...

Hope he enjoys riding the pine at Bluefield...not sure he'll crack the top 5 up there...

Everyone thought he was going to Honaker last season...no big deal.  However, if the move was made just because Fred is the head whistle in Tornado Town, that's just plain sad...

Hope he enjoys riding the pine at Bluefield...not sure he'll crack the top 5 up there...

He may get some mop up duty.  Good kid, bad situation.  Wish the best for him.  It's usually the adults that mess things up for everybody.  

He is indeed gone to Bluefield. But he didn't make the move for basketball....

Girlfriend...wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean...say no more...

Roma's shut down so he wanted to be closer to Portabello's?

Roma's in Richlands is still open lol.

He wants to play QB for the Beavers. Or at least that's what I was told.

At Graham, he may get a little more PT then at Bluefield on the basketball team, but Graham does have a TON of young talent coming up on the BBall program, but I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms.  Graham has 3 qb's who know the system already in football, however, they need all the help they can get on defense.

This is the 3rd Transfer to Graham that I am hearing of this upcoming season for football, if true.  Maybe more to come?  Offensively, this is probably the most athletic team they have had since 2001 (Maybe better, like I said...defense is the issue....however at least one of the  3 transfers coming are very good defensive players).  I don't know much about Fuller's football skills.

Like I said before, if you want to get noticed, Graham is the place to be this season.  Several Big Time programs with their eyes on the G-Men this year.

At Graham, he may get a little more PT then at Bluefield on the basketball team, but Graham does have a TON of young talent coming up on the BBall program, but I'm sure he will be welcomed with open arms. Graham has 3 qb's who know the system already in football, however, they need all the help they can get on defense.

This is the 3rd Transfer to Graham that I am hearing of this upcoming season for football, if true. Maybe more to come. Offensively, this is probably the most athletic team they have had since 2001 (Maybe better, like I said...defense is the issue....however at least one of the 3 transfers coming are very good defensive players). I don't know much about Fuller's football skills.

Like I said before, if you want to get noticed, Graham is the place to be this season. Several Big Time programs with their eyes on the G-Men this year.

Athletes can't run if the lines can't block. That's going to be the tale of the tape for the 2016 Graham G-Men. The line from the 2001 team, Good Lord...

Athletes can't run if the lines can't block. That's going to be the tale of the tape for the 2016 Graham G-Men. The line from the 2001 team, Good Lord...

From what I hear, Dalton (from the basketball team) is possibly playing-big, strong kid.  Also some of the underclassmen have really been coming on in the weight room, from what I hear.  Plenty of strength coming up, we'll see how the fundamentals go, I guess.  As for Fuller, does he play defense?  Because that is where Graham needs the most help.

He never played any meaningful snaps last year. He is a decent QB, but it's hard to beat JLA. So he played some WR and DB, but he only played when the game was well out of hand, so it's hard to tell.

What this does is throw 300 gallons of gasoline on an already white hot fire. These two teams already HATE each other, and this just adds to it. The three matchups between the two will be barn burners.