Thursday Night - Gate City at Sullivan South

RebRaider85

Ok, no topic on this by GC fans in first 2 pages - didn't look any further. This is your year to get your 2nd win against the Rebels. They are having a very difficult season so far and I'm predicting that they will be 0-5 before playing Central later in the year. If you've got a passing game you'll be in good shape. Rebels can play pretty stout against the run this year though. What are the Blue Devils bringing to Death Valley this year?

No slight to the boys, but probabaly one of the less talented GC teams ive seen as far as skill positions go....Minus Collier at QB. The talent just hasn't been quite what it used to be from years past. Maybe their will be an upswing of talent in the years to come....sure hope so. I'd take South by 3 touchdowns in this one. Really wish GC had scheduled these non conference and out of state schools in the mid 90s to the mid 2000s....they've struggled to compete aside from the first 2 years they were put on the schedule.

Never thought I would get the chance to say it.....but it looks like GC will be known for their basketball program for the next 3-4 years instead of football.

I told you GC had a shot at this. Final SS 41 - GC 37 with GC receiver getting tackled on 4th down at the 1 yard line with time expiring. Reminded me of my favorite game in this series when GC won 31-28 with South runner getting tackled inside the 5 near the end of the game. That was GC's last state championship season I think.

Thats pretty rough.  Souths radio broadcast was complaining wanting a flag on Collier saying he punched or slapped a South player in the face who came at it him on the spike.  Not sure what was going on there but there was no reference to the clock issue.  In Tennessee the clock is kept by a separate official on the field which should be handy.

I knew there was time left on the clock but didn't know how much. .5 just wouldn't have been enough. One thing for sure Coach Akers is a real gutsy coach compared to some we've had before. So far I like him.

I wasn't thinking about the clock starting after it was set. I'm anxious to see how things are next year, considering he got a late start this year. Hopefully he can grab a few from the halls to help out. We also need major defensive help. From top to bottom.