PLEASE CONSIDER! THIS IS A CHALLENGE!!!

bucfan64

http://fundly.com/lloyd-combs-recovery-fund

Guys,

Longtime sportswriter, author, columnist and radio personality, Lloyd Combs, recently suffered from a debilitating stroke. Many of you are probably familiar with his work and articles that often appear in the Bluefield, Bristol and Virginia Mountaineer newspapers. He has covered sports in the region for several decades. 

Lloyd is currently undergoing rehab and the doctors are optimistic that he will be walking soon with the assistance of a cane. Presently, he does not have the use of his right arm/hand and it is expected that he will recover some use of it, however it will take longer and more extensive rehab to regain the use of his arm/hand. 

Naturally, this setback has created a ton of issues for Lloyd and he is in dire need of help from his friends and family members. We have established a FUNDLY account for Lloyd and we are asking for assistance with medical billing and with his hopeful and eventual move back toward independence. 

Lloyd is working hard, he is frustrated, scared and fearful of what his future may hold, he has no desire to let this defeat him, but he really needs our encouragement!

I am taking this opportunity to challenge the members of this board, to PLEASE consider a donation to his account, PLEASE consider thoughtful prayers on his behalf and if nothing else, please post a comment on his Fundly Page to encourage him to keep fighting!

Here is the link:

fundly.com/lloyd-combs-recovery-fund

Once again, please consider a donation, of any size!

Keep Lloyd in your prayers!

Please Sign his Fundly Wall and offer a word or two of encouragement for him!

Lloyd has done so much over the years to help promote local teams, schools and athletes, so lets let him know that he has a support team behind him, helping him get through this very tryin

Yes, please consider donating to Lloyd! Lloyd has been one of the biggest helps to me in climbing the ladder of achieving my career aspirations. As mentioned above, he has provided a lot for the athletes in our region. Help a brother out! 

I don't think he makes a profit on his books. He manages to recoup SOME of his costs. So if you purchase a book all the money goes to him as he has already paid to have them printed. I think he prints them at a loss just because he likes writing them. I have submitted a lot of material for the one that will have the Buchanan County scores. 

I still have a couple of copies of book 1 to get rid of, and I can grab 2 & 3 Monday for anyone who's in Richlands any Fri/Sat.

I'm taking some down to him Monday, so if you drop by and see him in Bristol, he'll have 'em there - he hopes to finally get moved to Grundy on Friday.