GW vs PH 2 thoughts

02GW12

I've wrote a longer post on the other site. So here I'll say this I think the game will be alot of the same. But GW can't sleep on PH we are playing the Best player in the HOGO and imo the Best RB in 1A. He is the lifeblood of PH and an offense on his own. I still think GW wins big GW-49 PH-14 what's your take?

I think the kids will come in focused they know they have to stop Dakota. Last game they did a great job of that while he was in the game. And I've watch the PH vs Rad film and he looked good but looked like he still had some issues.

PH really only has 1 legitimate threat Dakota Humphrey. The QB is ok but he didn't even have a second to think last game. And they have a freshman RB with ok speed but he isn't Dakota by any stretch.

You say that you don't call kids out.  You just did.  You compared a freshman to a senior!   That is calling a kid out plain and simple.  Give the kid a break, he has three more years to develop. How many other freshman in the league have over 700 + yards rushing?  

I'm not calling him out dude Bigwinners said he didn't know anything about them. So I was simply telling him what they had other than Dakota. The freshman they have imho has a chance to be just as good as Dakota by the time he is a senior. All I was doing was telling him that PH has him and they use him but he isn't nearly as big a threat. It's that simple and to answer your question I'd say not many at all. Again I'll say the kid is good but he isn't the threat that needs to be worried about.

Here is the writeup in the BHC along with their prediction:

Patrick Henry (8-3) at George Wythe (10-1)

Last meeting:  George Wythe 42, Patrick Henry 0 (Oct 21, 2016 in Wytheville, VA)

PH's last trip to Pendleton Field in Wytheville a few weeks ago ended badly.  RB Dakota Humphrey hurt his ankle in the second quarter, the Rebels managed just nine first downs and George Wythe QB Deacon Beamer carved up the defensive secondary.....This will be the last meeting between the two programs for the foreseeable future as the Rebels and Maroons will not play each other during the next schedule cycle....PH hasn't beaten GW since 1998....Beamer has thrown for 1,352 yards with 21 TD's and just three interceptions in 119 attempts for GW.  Walker Nowers (23 catches, 486 yards, eight TD's) has been his favorite target, while Booger Owens (811 yards) and Markell Moss (724 yards) are the top rushers....Since a 45-20 loss to Galax in mid-September, GW has won seven straight games by scores of 61-7, 48-10, 54-15, 42-0, 57-0, 63-21 and 61-6....Humphrey (1,484 yards) and freshman Zach Brown (767 yards) have combined to rush for 31 TD's to pace PH.  QB Zane Seymore has thrown 6 TD passes....Humphrey is healthy, but GW's big line, hard-hitting defense and multiple weapons on offense will be too problematic for PH. 

Prediction:  George Wythe 42, Patrick Henry 15

I think so to in the Rad film Dakota looked like he was still off a step. And the line looks like it took 2 steps back from the 1st game. And that's not good we lives in the backfield against them. If our pass O is even half as good as it was last time this game could actually be worse.

Patrick Henry will have RB Humphrey back for this game, but GW just has to many horses

To pull off the upset,in my opinion. Coach Palmer has done a great job at PH, but GW has

one of best teams in SWVA. GW is just about in a class by themselves when they play up

To Their potential.

Like you said when GW isn't making dumb mistakes and turnovers they are next level. GW has made a few good teams look like they had neve seen a football. Not 1 team has held them under 40 in a win and they have all been at least 3 td wins. This is a very special group at GW this year.

I was watching the TV last night, and one of the sports anchors said GW was the best team

That he had seen this year. I totally agree that GW is a darn good team this year. I don't

Know what the West brackets looks like, but it may come down to GW and Galax for the best

In the West.

What station was it I'd like to see if it's on there Web site. And the only way GW and Galax can play again is in Salem for the title.

1A West

#2GW vs #7PH

#3Hurley vs #5PM

#1Galax vs #8Jib

#4FC vs #5Chilhowie