Giles Spartans

Hokiebird7

Just wanted to say how damn proud of this team we are. We knew we were going to be very young this year. Last night these kids fought until the clock said 0.00 in the 4th quarter and never quit and that's all you can ask of these kids. And the coaching staff did a very good job this year with what we had and the injuries we had(no excuse) and we just flat out got our asses kicked last night by a team that is better than us. They are as good as advertised and a note to anyone playing them---you better be on your A game when you play them or it's over. I hope someone beats them but trust me it's going to be hard for anyone in 2A to beat them. I honestly think only 1 team in 2A West has any shot of beating them. Their fans are plain out obnoxious and my buddy that lives there said 2 years ago they had maybe 100 fans for home games...now the entire county is out there and just plain out pricks...but they one hell of a football team for sure, as i told some of the fans last night.

Another thing I want to give a shoutout to the Giles fans....WOW....to have that many people there with all the wrecks we had to dodge from Christiansburg all the way to Appomattox is amazing.

I will be rooting for all the SWVA teams now hoping someone can knock Appomattox off.

And Giles fans things should be better next year just trust in the coaches and the players we have coming back. This just happened to be one of those years...8-4 in a down year i'll take it and a lot of teams in the state would also.

Good luck to  Richlands,Graham and Union

Thankyou for speaking highly about the Raiders they are a great bunch of young men. I am sorry you may have run across a few bad apple appo fans and I want to apologize to you for their ignorance. I personally am a strong supporter and fan of appo and bring emotion with me to the games and such. However, I would more than lend a hand to an opposing team fan player coach or whatever and help them any way I can. This is highschool sports where we are trying to teach young men to have character and intregrity to lead them for the rest of their lives and that's more important than winning any football game. So again I apologize for someones rude behavior and it's certainly not a real reflection on the Appomattox community.