Knox Christian @ Gate City

RiverRat24

I watched a video of Wings Academy last night....It was from a few days ago against Eagle Academy. They look really good....But I think they lost alot from a really good team last year. But with most academy's....I'm sure theres alot of plug and play that goes on and not alot of drop off occurs. I think by the looks of them GC can hang with them for a while.

Not many local teams win a first round game anymore. Since they started allowing private schools and teams that recruit.

Looking at the bracket, even if we lose in the first round we get 3 games.

GC hasn't ever won a first round game. I think one year Council won a game....And Science Hill was won the whole tournament once before. I'm not real sure if DB or Tenn High has ever won a first round game or not...I'm leaning more towards DB on that one but I really don't remember.

Science Hill and DB have won it all twice each. Daniel Boone and Sullivan North have won it once. Science Hill was the last local team to win it and that was in 1999.

Shows what I know. However Ive only been going to it since about 2005. I thought Science Hill had won it all recently.

Edit: I just looked and i think Science Hill has won it 3 times. But none since 99 like you said. I think since all the private schools/academy's started entering the tournament it pretty much cut out the local schools winning it.

The biggest shocker Council almost pulled was against Louisville Ballard (could have been Male but Im pretty sure Ballard) I think it was.  Council was up at the half and Knuckles had about as many as Ballard did.  Ballard also had their HC and one player ejected I think and maybe one bench coach all.  Knuckles went 9-10 or  7-8 from the FT line before the half on a foul  and all the Ts that got stacked on it.  Ballard went on to win by 10 or so I think and won the whole tourney if I am not mistaken.

The biggest shocker Council almost pulled was against Louisville Ballard (could have been Male but Im pretty sure Ballard) I think it was.  Council was up at the half and Knuckles had about as many as Ballard did.  Ballard also had their HC and one player ejected I think and maybe one bench coach all.  Knuckles went 9-10 or  7-8 from the FT line before the half on a foul  and all the Ts that got stacked on it.  Ballard went on to win by 10 or so I think and won the whole tourney if I am not mistaken.

That's who it was... my bad.  I remember their quarterfinal game the team they played got T'd up several times.  They did play Dorsey in that tournament also didn't they?

Just heard the game and stats vs KC count. The only they don't is if GC plays 4 games at the Arby's Classic.

Do you know of anyone that has all the stats? I'm curious to see shot percentages and steals, rebounds, assists, etc.

That's who it was... my bad.  I remember their quarterfinal game the team they played got T'd up several times.  They did play Dorsey in that tournament also didn't they?

Found this online from the BHCs record of Arbys participants:

Council

Appearances: 1 (2001)

Record: 1-2

2001: Council 57, Tennessee High 53 (OT)

2001: Ballard (Ky.) 69, Council 56

2001: East Chapel Hill (N.C.) 60, Council 53 (OT)

Seems like maybe Dorsey was in  it a year or two ago and this hasnt been updated since 2012:

Dorsey (Los Angeles)

Appearances: 3 (1993, 2001, 2007)

Record: 6-5

1993: Dorsey 83, Sullivan North 67

1993: Irmo (S.C.) 57, Dorsey 37

1993: Starkville (Miss.) 73, Dorsey 63

2001: Dobyns-Bennett 75, Dorsey 66

2001: Dorsey 59, Sullivan East 57

2001: Dorsey 75, Tennessee High 54

2001 6th Place Game: Dorsey 66, Spartanburg (S.C.) 59

2007: Urspring (Germany) 63, Dorsey 49

2007: Dorsey 47, Volunteer 41