Mountain District Games Friday Jan. 13

LongTimeSWVAFan

Gate City @ John Battle - This one could be decently competitive given the fact it's GC's third game in four days. Still think it's Devils by 15 +

Lee @ Central - The streak for Central ends at 14 consecutive losses to district foes. Look out, the monkey will be off their back and I expect the Warriors to battle for a regional bid. They can play with Battle and Union, the key will be avoiding GCs bracket.

Union @ Ridgeview - Union wins fairly easy to set up a big week for the Bears next week.

I think the big 3 for GC all get it going from deep at the same time and backups see meaningful minutes early in the game. Been a game or two since all the shooters were hot at the same time from deep...I think they find it at Battle. Mac and Zac both go off for big numbers and Collier has a great game inside. Dean will have his usual 12-16 pts as well. Good game on the road for the Devils and they improve on rebounding and manage to get back on track with FT shooting.

GC 79

JSB 50

Central is too much for Lee and McAmis has 25+ pts as the Warriors finally snap their losing streak in the MD. I think Mullins also has a good game for Wise in this one. Lee won't be able to get their head above water this year before someone else shoves them under. Rebuilding time for the Generals.

WC 69

Lee 44

Mitchell and Slagle prove to be too much for the Pack and come out of the gate firing on all cylinders and put the game out of reach early. I think it's getting close to time that Union starts playing consistent...And this is the game they do it in.

Union 72

Pack 54