Floyd Co @ Gate City (Jan 28th)

Leatherhead Larry

Boys only

JV to tip at 4:30pm, varsity to follow.

GC decided to help out the Chance Harman Memorial Fund since the 2nd day of the CHC was called off due to weather. GC is donating all of tomorrow's proceeds to the CHMF. The CHMF has decided to return the favor. They will give all the proceeds back to Gate City. The proceeds will be used to help 2 families in Scott County that have children that are battling cancer. Any and all donations will be gladly accepted. Come out and watch some basketball and help a great cause.

And a big THANK YOU to Floyd Co and the CHMF for having big hearts and helping out 2 families in Scott County.

As for a prediction, Floyd is now 3-15 overall. I will say Gate City turns on the autopilot and coast to a 30 point win.

Devils 84-54

Floyd Co. sucks this year, if GC doesn't beat them by 40+, they may as well forget getting much past the region...

You can say that if you wish, but GC will let off the throttle when it gets out of hand to get some other guys some experience. We're not the type to continue leaving the starters in when up by a big margin. GC will sub heavily tonight from the start I believe. GC still might be able to win by 40, but I doubt it. We won't risk getting an injury just so we make it a huge blowout. Once the game is in hand, the big 3 will be pulled for sure.

I look for George, Sharpe, and Noe to get heavy minutes tonight.

Floyd was on fire the first half from deep. GC played sloppy but finally got it together a little bit in the 2nd half. Dean got hot and so did Ervin and they stretched open the lead. I don't think there's any question now who the best rebounder on the team is and hopefully Scotty sees it. George will have to see more PT....I think the team plays as good or better with him in the game and he actually posts up in the paint and gets position. Hats off to that kid....Thought he played a great game tonight. Wish Sharpe had got to play more tonight though. Would really like to see George and Sharpe in the paint together gathering rebounds. GC is gonna need those guys.

Also, have to say there's not a finer man than Coach Harmon. What that guy is doing with the Chance Harmon Memorial Foundation is a wonderful thing. Was glad I got to be a part of the game tonight to hear him speak and to do the presentation to the two families in need. He's a blessing to the community and to all of SWVA. Touching lives beyond the game!

GC won 67-43.

Ervin 31

McClung 16

Dean 12

Collier 3

Kimbler 3

George 2

We just need to start playing lights out basketball again. We slow up and start second guessing ourselves. Once again another team starts on fire from 3 land vs us as GC trailed 15-7 early in the 1st with FC hitting 5 trays to start the game. Everybody trying their best to knock off the Devils. Too many ugly wins as of late. We have 2 weeks to figure it out, so we better hurry.

Also thanks to everyone who came out to support and donate for a greater cause. Over $5,300 was raised tonight for the two families who have children fighting cancer. Also God bless Coach Harman for having such a huge heart and agreeing to come down to Gate City to make all this possible.

One player in particular has had the ball thrown ahead to him two games in a row now for wide open layups and has pulled up both times like he's afraid to go in for the bucket. I'm having trouble understanding what's going on with that.

GC will have to step up or it will be a short lived post season im afraid.