Abingdon @ Gate City (2/4)

Leatherhead Larry

They hard fouled McClung 3 times into the mat on layups. They were obvious pushes and not plays on the ball. They finally called the flagrant on the 3rd one and Scotty was already making his way to Abingdon's bench to give Abingdon's coach an ear full. The refs of course T'd up Scotty for defending his players. The other flagrant one was on a push after Dean knocked the ball loose on defense before a few minutes before.

Everyone is out to get Mac, no one seems to respect him and his talent. To try and hurt another player on purpose is disgusting and to cheer the team on yelling "foul him" when he has the ball is even more disgusting. Just because you can't stop him doesn't mean you should try to take him out.

Also, George played a heck of a game. I believe Scotty needs to find him a starting role. He is physical in the paint, he can score, and he can rebound.

They hard fouled McClung 3 times into the mat on layups. They were obvious pushes and not plays on the ball. They finally called the flagrant on the 3rd one and Scotty was already making his way to Abingdon's bench to give Abingdon's coach an ear full. The refs of course T'd up Scotty for defending his players. The other flagrant one was on a push after Dean knocked the ball loose on defense before a few minutes before.

Everyone is out to get Mac, no one seems to respect him and his talent. To try and hurt another player on purpose is disgusting and to cheer the team on yelling "foul him" when he has the ball is even more disgusting. Just because you can't stop him doesn't mean you should try to take him out.

Also, George played a heck of a game. I believe Scotty needs to find him a starting role. He is physical in the paint, he can score, and he can rebound.

Can I ask a serious question about McClung without having delusion and venom shot my way? Obviously I am not a huge basketball fan and don't condone anyone trying to hurt a kid,but I hear time and time again when GC plays somebody that they have tried to hurt him. Does the kid have an issue with yapping or provoking? Be honest here. Again i condone no actions to hurt a kid. Just trying to figure out why there's always an issue when it comes to this particular player from WC to JSB (still can't figure that out as they are the classiest outfit by far in this area) and now AHS

I've never seen McClung run his mouth. He might celebrate a little when he throws down a nice dunk but that's it. He usually just laughs stuff off or just shrugs his shoulders at Scotty when he is fouled with no call. We've got a good group of kids, I've never seen any of them run the jaw. Scotty doesn't put up with that kind of behavior.

I've said for a while now that George needs more time....And in my opinion plays hard enough that he should see a starting position. He works for position in the paint on offense and plays with good intensity on defense and rebounds the ball 2nd to none on this team. I think he's the answer GC is looking for with the lack of post presence on Offense and Defense.

I really don't understand why Abingdon would pull a page out of Centrals playbook and pull a stunt like that 3 different times. I guess it bothers teams and coaches that bad when Mac eats them alive. Still doesn't warrant taking shots at the him.... If you can't stop him so be it, no one else can either. Classless move by the the Abingdon players and the refs for letting it go.

Well let's be honest, Mac smirks a lot and just has that arrogant vibe. Like he is better than everyone and all other players should be grateful to even be on same court he is.

That's just the vibe I get with the smirk and the gum chewing, but I know nothing of him personally and never saw him commit a dirty play.

Well let's be honest, Mac smirks a lot and just has that arrogant vibe. Like he is better than everyone and all other players should be grateful to even be on same court he is.

That's just the vibe I get with the smirk and the gum chewing, but I know nothing of him personally and never saw him commit a dirty play.

Like I said, he just laughs it off. He always had that smirk, on and off the court. He lets his play do all the talking. He makes opponents so mad by taking them to school and they get so frustrated when they can't get under his skin. And he's the best player around, of course he's gonna have some swagger about him. Just shows he's confident in himself and his ability to play ball, nothing wrong with that.

And FTR, he dropped 47 on Union but we never once tried to take him out or undercut him or give him unreasonably hard fouls. Maybe one under the basket to make sure he couldn't get an and-1 but it wasn't malicious or vicious.

Which is good. No sense in it. Union and GC played the first game with no chippiness. Hopefully the 2nd time will be played smoothly too.

My blame goes mostly towards the refs, they lose control of so many games around here. You can see it building up most of the time, especially tonight. It was pathetic.

It's usually the players with awful attitudes that Macs style of play bothers the most. He draws the worst out in them and you can tell within minutes if a team has that type of player. I myself have never seen Mac say a word to another player on the court....He smiles 24/7 and has a smirk but he has that at any point you ever see him on or off the court. He gets pumped up after a dunk or a really nice play but he usually just looks at to the crowd to pump them up or something like that....Nothing to merit getting T'd up over.

I like when players have the edge on the court that Mac does. His desire to be great is evident...And he leaves everything he has on the court. Not everyone likes it, but every player that's worth their salt has an edge/intensity to them.

And in response to Unchained....I don't remember anything happening between GC and JSB. Only in the Wise Central and now the Abingdon game. Battles coach did get a technical for some reason but I never did figure out why and I didn't see anything happen on the court that would have caused it.

I don't usually post on here, I normally just enjoy reading what people have to say. In this situation, I feel I must post to clarify what occurred. There was no reason for McClung to have been fouled like that by the AHS player, but THERE IS NO REASON HE SHOULD BE IN THE GAME UP 30. To make things worse, the GC coach really showed himself and was a complete embarrassment by cussing at the AHS kids and coaching staff. Coaches usually don't try to fight the opposing team...You've got a good team, learn how to win and you will get more respect.

Well I don't normally agree with a team pouring it on another team....But when AHS players are taking pot shots at McClung I could care less if they hung a cool Benjamin on them. Those fouls didn't just happen at the end of the game...It happened throughout the game. That may have had something to do with why he left him in til the 4th being up 30. Scotty has pulled the starters all season when being up that much....Usually in the 3rd qtr or in big portions throughout the game.

There's no way you can defend the actions of the GC coach. You don't cuss at kids and you don't try to fight the other coaching staff. It's pretty simple. Not to mention, this behavior has happened before. He should not be coaching after continuing to act like this.