Marion Record

oldfalcon56

I have seen alot of talk on here and in the news about Marion and their 8-0 record, I admit been unbeaten at this time of year Is good but what's the records of the teams they have beat? How many teams have they played with a winning record? 

44 minutes ago, oldfalcon56 said:

I have seen alot of talk on here and in the news about Marion and their 8-0 record, I admit been unbeaten at this time of year Is good but what's the records of the teams they have beat? How many teams have they played with a winning record? 

Chilhowie and GW are both 5-3.  Everyone else has a .500 record or worse (excluding the last 2, obviously).

Chilhowie, GW, and Grayson County are all 50% or better. Richlands, Northwood, Tazewell, Lebanon, and Gate City all have losing records. Overall, their opponents' combined records (excluding their losses to Marion) are 23-36, and the seven non-Marion losses that Gate City has really drags that down.

The most impressive thing that Marion has done is simply put, taken care of business. Every sub-.500 team on their record has been beaten by at least four touchdowns (except Richlands). They have had three games settled by one score (Chilhowie, Grayson, and Richlands) and they put all of those games away in a very clutch fashion late in the game.

53 minutes ago, Plywood_King said:

Chilhowie, GW, and Grayson County are all 50% or better. Richlands, Northwood, Tazewell, Lebanon, and Gate City all have losing records. Overall, their opponents' combined records (excluding their losses to Marion) are 23-36, and the seven non-Marion losses that Gate City has really drags that down.

The most impressive thing that Marion has done is simply put, taken care of business. Every sub-.500 team on their record has been beaten by at least four touchdowns (except Richlands). They have had three games settled by one score (Chilhowie, Grayson, and Richlands) and they put all of those games away in a very clutch fashion late in the game.

I think it's very impressive what Marion has done. I say give them credit for winning.

On 10/21/2017 at 12:04 AM, BlueRazor said:

I think it's very impressive what Marion has done. I say give them credit for winning.

I agree ... great season for Marion. As I have said before ... nothing better for an entire community than the success of their high school football team. No doubt, this has been evidenced in the past years by the Richlands fan base. Union is another great example ... with consolidation, several communities have come together as one.

This year, the excitement has expanded not only Marion but to Virginia High and Narrows ... among others ...  as well. There is nothing better than the excitement and pride of southwest Virginia football on a Friday night ... this defines community at its finest. 

Congrats to Marion on a season well played!