4. Altavista (2-8) 15.2
5. Stonewall Jackson (0-10) 12.3
6. Cumberland (0-10) 10.2

#1 Riverheads - Bye
#5 Stonewall @ #4 Altavista

#2 William Campbell - Bye
#6 Cumberland @ #3 Lunenburg

What a complete joke

Completely off topic but has anyone noticed that Appomattox has only played 3 teams that are better than .500? The lost to (9-1)Heritage, beat (8-2)WC pretty bad and (8-2)Gretna kept it close until the 4th. Not taking away from Appo but I think there are 3-4 teams in Region C and D that very well could take them out.

3 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Completely off topic but has anyone noticed that Appomattox has only played 3 teams that are better than .500? The lost to (9-1)Heritage, beat (8-2)WC pretty bad and (8-2)Gretna kept it close until the 4th. Not taking away from Appo but I think there are 3-4 teams in Region C and D that very well could take them out.

I think 2 max could beat them and I'm not sure either of them can...but we will find out in the next few weeks

15 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

The schedule was very weak but they're still a very very good team. But they won't just cruise thru Region C like last year, Giles and Glenvar can be competitive. 

People say Martinsville is getting better each week, if they don't lose big maybe Appo is beatable. 

I wouldn't count out Graham or Union against any team in 2A.

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

The schedule was very weak but they're still a very very good team. But they won't just cruise thru Region C like last year, Giles and Glenvar can be competitive. 

People say Martinsville is getting better each week, if they don't lose big maybe Appo is beatable. 

I wouldn't count out Graham or Union against any team in 2A.

Those are the two I'm talking about union and Graham

Giles can't beat them IMO and glenvar isn't overly athletic...that's not working against Appo

3 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Those are the two I'm talking about union and Graham

Giles can't beat them IMO and glenvar isn't overly athletic...that's not working against Appo

You don't think if Giles played their A game that they could possibly steal a win? This season when Giles is on, they look very good. 

3 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

You don't think if Giles played their A game that they could possibly steal a win? This season when Giles is on, they look very good. 

We would have to play our A+ game and get a few breaks IMO for us to go to Appo and get a win

Not impossible but very unlikely IMO

I'm worried about Ft. Chiswell first though

4 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Just curious have you seen either team this year? You probably have Giles vs Graham but Appo?

I love watching film and I’ve watched a fair bit on Appo.  True, I haven’t seen Appo play live, but the film and results say a bit.  They’re good.  A definite title contender.  But not the prohibitive favorite of yesteryear.

8 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

I love watching film and I’ve watched a fair bit on Appo.  True, I haven’t seen Appo play live, but the film and results say a bit.  They’re good.  A definite title contender.  But not the prohibitive favorite of yesteryear.

That's exactly how I see it. 5-6 teams capable of winning it all and I'm not extremely familiar with the East. 

12 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Fair enough I was just wondering and I'll take your word for it since I haven't watched them this year.

When Giles played them last year should have been enough for me but I made the trip to Salem to watch the destruction of Richlands also lol

One hell of a football team last year

11 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Fair enough I was just wondering and I'll take your word for it since I haven't watched them this year.

When Giles played them last year should have been enough for me but I made the trip to Salem to watch the destruction of Richlands also lol

One hell of a football team last year

Did same to Union last season. Union started great but had a long TD called back on a bad holding call and the wheels just completely fell off. They were a juggernaut. 

11 hours ago, EH31 said:

Nothing to do with the west but check out 1A region B

1. Riverheads (8-2) 24.1
2. William Campbell (8-2) 22.5
3. Central Lunenburg (4-6) 15.6
4. Altavista (2-8) 15.2
5. Stonewall Jackson (0-10) 12.3
6. Cumberland (0-10) 10.2

#1 Riverheads - Bye
#5 Stonewall @ #4 Altavista

#2 William Campbell - Bye
#6 Cumberland @ #3 Lunenburg

0-10 and in the playoffs hahahahahahahah

15 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

Still have a lot to do before we get there but it's nice to know it isn't already a wrap if it happens ?

Wellll according to VA Preps Appomattox is already in the state championship and I mean yea I understand they are the team to beat right now but I'm not as impressed with them this season as last. They are still good, but they won't coast through the playoffs like last year.

2 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Wellll according to VA Preps Appomattox is already in the state championship and I mean yea I understand they are the team to beat right now but I'm not as impressed with them this season as last. They are still good, but they won't coast through the playoffs like last year.

When we went up there last year we were treated great by the fans. Everyone from union has discussed how great they were etc etc etc but those guys on preps make them seem completely different. I guess that's everywhere though. 

4 minutes ago, Unionguy_2017 said:

When we went up there last year we were treated great by the fans. Everyone from union has discussed how great they were etc etc etc but those guys on preps make them seem completely different. I guess that's everywhere though. 

I agree, they have a really nice fan base. But it's them certain fans on preps that think Appo can win state in 1-6A

1 minute ago, SWVAgridiron said:

I agree, they have a really nice fan base. But it's them certain fans on preps that think Appo can win state in 1-6A

We have some of those same fans too...think we just show up we should win...don't happen like that

We have a bunch of arm chair coaches that think they could do better play calling than Williams...I just laugh when I hear "Damn Jeff throw the ball"...hilarious fans we have...not all but a good bit of them