Podcast Questions?!?

Ryan4VT

24 minutes ago, Union_Fan said:

I thought my question was pretty simple and fair. No way was it meant to slight Chilhowie whatsoever. That's why I asked for a justification BOTH for AND against. Weigh the pros and cons. Never thought it would have been controversial at all. However, this ^^^^ is what I was looking for. Something other that "cause."  Kudos to YOU, sir!

It's very hard for me to rank teams when A.) I haven't seen them all play. B.) If they have no common opponents to compare. or C.) They don't have the same schedule.

I have been fortunate enough to see both Chilhowie and Union. Union has the definite size and strength advantage. Avery has legit speed but Chilhowie has more team speed. Coaching is pretty even. Union also has the numbers advantage.

In my opinion, this is the one big issue when ranking teams from different classes in the same poll. They’re probably not going to play each other.

With that said, I think the pros outweigh the cons in doing it this way, and makes for some pretty awesome discussion!

I agree.  The polls are a good discussion starter for us to have on a message board.  Disagreement doesn't always mean disrespecting.  We all have our opinions but it's fun talking why one would feel team a is ranked higher then team b.  Ultimately, the VHSL doesn't crown champions based on the SWVA Poll so it's all in fun anyways.

5 hours ago, DB-6130 said:

I may be the only person that does not know the answer to this question, but I will ask anyway. The song on the podcast, What is the name and who is it by. Maybe someone can answer that without putting it in the podcast though. 

Thanks

They are from Beckley, WV. The singer is from Tazewell. I’m good friends with those guys and have played in several bands with them over the years. They let us use the song. 

You can find them here https://m.facebook.com/kindthievesofficial/

They play in our region all the time. I HIGHLY recommend getting out to see them. Amazing musicians. 

3 hours ago, Ryan4VT said:

They are from Beckley, WV. The singer is from Tazewell. I’m good friends with those guys and have played in several bands with them over the years. They let us use the song. 

You can find them here https://m.facebook.com/kindthievesofficial/

They play in our region all the time. I HIGHLY recommend getting out to see them. Amazing musicians. 

Thank you sir,

The wife and I really like local bands and will definitely look them up. Maybe we could start a thread somewhere on the site and everyone list some local bands they really enjoy. 

Just now, THS6805 said:

I have question. What made the Richland community bring back the throwback mini helmets?? Tell us about the history or story behind the helmets of that time?

This was entirely my call to do this, so I'll answer this on the pod for sure!