Week 2 in the books! Thoughts on your team?

Gridiron60

Graham is definitely gonna be the team to beat. They played very well on all sides of the ball. But unfortunately for Tazewell I think we have a lot to grown on and may have gotten the injury bug early. I think we still have a pretty solid chance to have a winning season. 

This isn't really  about my team but I am going to say Central wins 6 or 7. I'm also going to say they upset either Ridgeview  or Union. 

I also still say Lebanon  will win 4 games. The three Russell county schools will end the season against each other splitting games against each other, which will create a tie for the Russell County Championship haha. 

43 minutes ago, Taz_Dawg61 said:

Graham is definitely gonna be the team to beat. They played very well on all sides of the ball. But unfortunately for Tazewell I think we have a lot to grown on and may have gotten the injury bug early. I think we still have a pretty solid chance to have a winning season. 

Hope your guys are alright that went out of the game. Harris would be a big loss.  He kept digging tonight. Graham's defense is tough. Bulldogs never gave up though. I give them props for keeping at it. 

Tazewell will be fine.  They ran into a buzzsaw in Graham.  They were riddled with injuries last season and have had more than their fair share this season already.  Sure hope they get healthy, I still believe they have a winning season and make the playoffs.  I believe everybody on Graham's schedule from this point on will struggle against that defense, they were indeed impressive.  Turner for Graham has become another big play threat for the G-men along with Lester, Ray, Booker and Justice.  Graham and Bluefield are state contenders in WV and VA, in my humble opinion.   

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

Hope your guys are alright that went out of the game. Harris would be a big loss.  He kept digging tonight. Graham's defense is tough. Bulldogs never gave up though. I give them props for keeping at it. 

From what I’ve heard he is walking on it, but can’t say for sure. Graham has a hell of a thing going. I’m looking forward to seeing what the season holds for all the county teams.

12 minutes ago, Taz_Dawg61 said:

From what I’ve heard he is walking on it, but can’t say for sure. Graham has a hell of a thing going. I’m looking forward to seeing what the season holds for all the county teams.

Walking on it is a good sign. Rex Bradshaw and Dennis Palmer have the defense going strong, they've got all the pieces clicking and some great stoppers on D. If they stay healthy, I don't see many offenses being too successful against GMen. Offense, Lester needs to stay healthy, they'll continue to improve. They're got some great play makers.  As far as Tazewell, if they can stay healthy, I can see them battling it out for 2nd in SWD. Graham was just a whole different level than VA High. I think it may have caught them unprepared for what they encountered tonight. 

5 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Walking on it is a good sign. Rex Bradshaw and Dennis Palmer have the defense going strong, they've got all the pieces clicking and some great stoppers on D. If they stay healthy, I don't see many offenses being too successful against GMen. Offense, Lester needs to stay healthy, they'll continue to improve. They're got some great play makers.  As far as Tazewell, if they can stay healthy, I can see them battling it out for 2nd in SWD. Graham was just a whole different level than VA High. I think it may have caught them unprepared for what they encountered tonight. 

Yeah I completely agree, it definitely caught us off guard but I think it will help us with the rest of the season. Hopefully the kids keep their heads high, they have the entire community behind them.

3 hours ago, Taz_Dawg61 said:

Yeah I completely agree, it definitely caught us off guard but I think it will help us with the rest of the season. Hopefully the kids keep their heads high, they have the entire community behind them.

One thing about Tazewell is that the xommunity is always behind them.  Super crowd for Tazewell last night.  The fans always seem to show up for Tazewell, win or lose.