week 5 (Spring) sched. & updates

VHSLhelper

9 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

I hate that for the boys on both sides. What do you do as a coach? Do they just sit in locker room? I guess there’s really no alternative. 

Pretty much.  The team preferred to stay in Tazewell as opposed to going back home and coming back.  Both sides want this game played today and want that badly.  So long as we have a window short of the curfew, it will happen.

Class 3 unbeaten Lord Botetourt - ranked No. 1 in the state on http://VirginiaPreps.com - up by a running clock margin before intermission on Class 6 unbeaten Franklin County.

TD passes to Horton and Arnholt extend LBs lead to 43-7 late in the half

HALFTIME: Lord Botetourt 50, Franklin County 7. #timesland

great state

13 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Pretty much.  The team preferred to stay in Tazewell as opposed to going back home and coming back.  Both sides want this game played today and want that badly.  So long as we have a window short of the curfew, it will happen.

What curfew?

Graham in this situation before.  Nearly 32 years ago, a young Tony Palmer, one of the leaders, seniors, and two way starters of the great 89 team went on the road to face Randy Lawrence and Christiansburg.  The game started and the first half played, and then the game postponed due to severe weather  It required the G-Men to go home, and return to Christiansburg on a Monday night to finish the second half.  Graham led 3-0 at the half and when Graham returned Monday evening for the second half of the game to be played, it scored 2 TD's and beat Christiansburg 17-0 for the final score.  Eric Robinson, one of the Graham radio guys was also a star and senior on the 89 team who played Defensive End.  Tony has been in this situation before and I'm sure its gone through the back of his mind on wanting to play this game today and not returning to the opponents place at a later date like Graham did with Christiansburg in 89.  I don't suspect much advantage for either team here, but if there is one, it's advantage Graham.  Tony has been in this situation.  Graham waited 1.5 hours after the half was over in Christiansburg before officials made the decision to postpone it, so he has an idea of what to do.  I'm not listening to the Graham radio broadcast, but I am sure Eric Robinson has probably already brought up the Christiansburg event in 1989, a year in which Graham won a state title.

3 minutes ago, PCLR32 said:

Graham in this situation before.  Nearly 32 years ago, a young Tony Palmer, one of the leaders, seniors, and two way starters of the great 89 team went on the road to face Randy Lawrence and Christiansburg.  The game started and the first half played, and then the game postponed.   It required the G-Men to go home, and return to Christiansburg on a Monday night to finish the second half.  Graham led 3-0 at the half and when Graham returned Monday evening for the second half of the game to be played, it scored 2 TD's and beat Christiansburg 17-0 for the final score.  Eric Robinson, one of the Graham radio guys was also a star and senior on the 89 team who played Defensive End.  Tony has been in this situation before and I'm sure its gone through the back of his mind on wanting to play this game today and not returning to the opponents place at a later date like Graham did with Christiansburg in 89.  I don't suspect much advantage for either team here, but if there is one, it's advantage Graham.  Tony has been in this situation.  Graham waited 1.5 hours after the half was over in Christiansburg before they made the decision to postpone it, so he has an idea of what to do.  I'm not listening to the Graham radio broadcast, but I am sure Eric Robinson has probably already brought up the Christiansburg event in 1989, a year in which Graham won a state title.

I’m not sure there’s any real tangible psychological advantage there.  If anything, it favors the more experienced team in general, which is Tazewell.  I’m willing to call that a draw.

The field is in the best condition I’ve ever seen it, so I’m not sure it’s going to break down with all the rain.  Both teams would prefer to run the ball before slinging it, so it’s not as if grip would be that big an issue.

1 minute ago, trublue said:
defense dominated...

Final: Warwick 7, Menchville 2. No points scored on offense. 1Q pick six by Warwick, 3Q safety on a punt block for Menchville.

great state

Warwick could have scored more if they had guy at QB named Vick playing for them