Giles Quarantine and Teams Advice for Covid-Playoffs

BandanaVTDavis4321

We had 5 kids sent home today for quarantine.  I read on Vapreps where it said 6, it wasn't.  It was 5.  For all teams getting ready for the playoffs, I will echo a message a Graham fan wrote on another board and it was a pretty good point.

A.  Get vaccinated.  If not, ok, personal thing, it's all good whatever a kid and their family chooses.

B.  This one is probably the most important.  Stay the absolute hell away from all humans and wear a mask.  This means in science class, no student is within 6 feet of you and you have a freakin N95 Mask on at all times in school.  In the lunch line, you aren't one of those in the line.  Stay away from all people outside of football practice and games, and do not put yourself in a situation where you could be considered, "exposed."  

If you don't do the above, you are playing Russian Roulette with your season and it can quickly come to a grinding halt.  There was writing that some team or another will get nailed and their season will end.  I kind of agree.  I think some team out there will get hit and their season will end.  Do either A or B, or both above, and you get to keep playing (if you keep winning your games of course).

I'm glad it happened to Giles right now, today.  Thank God actually.  We aren't beating Glenvar anyway, and in 10 days, we have our kids back to likely host Narrows, if the power rankings work out, and a lesson will be learned.  Of all the times to be lenient, or not having your head on a swivel, this isn't the time to let your guard down as the playoffs are approaching.  For Giles, I actually consider this a lucky break.  It will cause them to hopefully tighten up and stay the heck away from each other as much as possible.  Now, with teenagers, all this might me a purposeless point, but hopefully for some, it's enough to where their season doesn't come to a grinding halt at the drop of a hat.  It can happen in the blink of an eye.  Everything was all well over here waking up today, and just like that, 5 players likely won't be playing against Glenvar, and if the timing were right, that could have meant 5 or so players out for game one of the playoffs.  

When you are talking about Games in which teams are pretty close, for example, the 3 in the M7 and Graham, 5 players can flip the script at the drop of the hat.  Look at Va High, most people picking them to win, and some people (thinking they win easily over Richlands) but you take away one player, an All-State Caliber play due to injury, and suddenly those picks start to look a lot different.  Imagine adding 5 to the equation.  I hope all Coaches drill this down in their kids over the next few weeks/month, because you can rest assured, somebody will get hit sooner or later.  This dam* virus isn't gone yet.  It's trending down rapidly, but obviously, it's still alive and well for at least the next 5 or so weeks.

59 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

We had 5 kids sent home today for quarantine.  I read on Vapreps where it said 6, it wasn't.  It was 5.  For all teams getting ready for the playoffs, I will echo a message a Graham fan wrote on another board and it was a pretty good point.

A.  Get vaccinated.  If not, ok, personal thing, it's all good whatever a kid and their family chooses.

B.  This one is probably the most important.  Stay the absolute hell away from all humans and wear a mask.  This means in science class, no student is within 6 feet of you and you have a freakin N95 Mask on at all times in school.  In the lunch line, you aren't one of those in the line.  Stay away from all people outside of football practice and games, and do not put yourself in a situation where you could be considered, "exposed."  

If you don't do the above, you are playing Russian Roulette with your season and it can quickly come to a grinding halt.  There was writing that some team or another will get nailed and their season will end.  I kind of agree.  I think some team out there will get hit and their season will end.  Do either A or B, or both above, and you get to keep playing (if you keep winning your games of course).

I'm glad it happened to Giles right now, today.  Thank God actually.  We aren't beating Glenvar anyway, and in 10 days, we have our kids back to likely host Narrows, if the power rankings work out, and a lesson will be learned.  Of all the times to be lenient, or not having your head on a swivel, this isn't the time to let your guard down as the playoffs are approaching.  For Giles, I actually consider this a lucky break.  It will cause them to hopefully tighten up and stay the heck away from each other as much as possible.  Now, with teenagers, all this might me a purposeless point, but hopefully for some, it's enough to where their season doesn't come to a grinding halt at the drop of a hat.  It can happen in the blink of an eye.  Everything was all well over here waking up today, and just like that, 5 players likely won't be playing against Glenvar, and if the timing were right, that could have meant 5 or so players out for game one of the playoffs.  

When you are talking about Games in which teams are pretty close, for example, the 3 in the M7 and Graham, 5 players can flip the script at the drop of the hat.  Look at Va High, most people picking them to win, and some people (thinking they win easily over Richlands) but you take away one player, an All-State Caliber play due to injury, and suddenly those picks start to look a lot different.  Imagine adding 5 to the equation.  I hope all Coaches drill this down in their kids over the next few weeks/month, because you can rest assured, somebody will get hit sooner or later.  This dam* virus isn't gone yet.  It's trending down rapidly, but obviously, it's still alive and well for at least the next 5 or so weeks.

Doubt seriously we play narz

27 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

Doubt seriously we play narz

I got it down to one game.  Covington vs Craig County.  I could be wrong,

Right now, it's East Montg and Narz tied for 5th, 7th is Covington, 8th is Grayson.  East Mont. plays P. McCluer and will lose, and they will still pull ahead of Narz even with the loss as PM will have 7 wins on the season.   Narrows wins over Bath, but Bath has zero wins.  That gives East Montgomery a 3 total point advantage over Narz because EM gets 7 points for PM's wins and Narrows get 4 points for the bath win, so 3 point advantage to EM,  So, that right there puts East Montgomery at 5th and Narrows at 6th.

Covington, now at 7th,  if they beat Craig County, I have them finishing a fraction of a point ahead of Narrows which would put Narz at 7.  Very good chance we play Narrows if the games go with who is favored.  The one to watch is.........Covington vs Craig County.  If Covington wins that game, again, I'm no expert, but I don't see anyway how Narrows is Not the 7 seed, and this is even with East Montgomery losing.

We'll see, but keep an eye on Covington and Craig County.  If Covington wins, as they are expected to, I think, not certain, but I think that seals the deal with Narrows in game one for us.

1 minute ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Right now, it's East Montg and Narz tied for 5th, 7th is Covington, 8th is Grayson.  East Mont. plays P. McCluer and will lose, and they will still pull ahead of Narz even with the loss as PM will have 7 wins on the season.   Narrows wins over Bath, but Bath has zero wins.  That gives East Montgomery a 3 total point advantage over Narz because EM gets 7 points for PM's wins and Narrows get 4 points for the bath win, so 3 point advantage to EM,  So, that right there puts East Montgomery at 5th and Narrows at 6th.

Covington, now at 7th,  if they beat Craig County, I have them finishing a fraction of a point ahead of Narrows which would put Narz at 7.  Very good chance we play Narrows if the games go with who is favored.  The one to watch is.........Covington vs Craig County.  If Covington wins that game, again, I'm no expert, but I don't see anyway how Narrows is Not the 7 seed, and this is even with East Montgomery losing.

We'll see.

I don't see how Grayson is below Narz, E.Mont, and Covington. Grayson is 5-4 with wins over 3A Carroll and 2A Marion. Narz, E.Mont, and Covington have only wins against very bad 1A teams. 

9 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

We'll see, but keep an eye on Covington and Craig County.  If Covington wins, as they are expected to, I think, not certain, but I think that seals the deal with Narrows in game one for us.

I was told differently

31 minutes ago, GilesDavis4321 said:

Wouldn’t Narz get 16 points (16+0) for the bath win? If East Mont loses they would only get 11 points (4+7). That would be +5 for Narz then of course you figure in bonus points from other games, but 5 is a pretty wide margin at this point.

37 minutes ago, Stranger danger said:

I don't see how Grayson is below Narz, E.Mont, and Covington. Grayson is 5-4 with wins over 3A Carroll and 2A Marion. Narz, E.Mont, and Covington have only wins against very bad 1A teams. 

It’s probably because 3 of those wins are against teams who have 0 wins, 1 vs Auburn and 2 vs Fort. EM, Narz, and Cov although playing some bad teams still a couple of those bad teams have a couple wins against even worst teams.

My prediction for C is:

#8 Grayson at #1 Galax 

#7 Covington at #2 Giles

#6 Eastmont at #3 Parry McCluer 

#5 Narz at #4 George Wythe

*One thing that could change this is if Covington plays I think James Monroe…sometime this week; maybe tomorrow and gets that win and the last win vs Craig; that could bump them up.