WV Playoffs, James Monroe, Bluefield, Princeton

BandanaVTDavis4321

In A, James Monroe (Peterstown/Union) is projected by the WV Metro News to be the 7th or 8th seed, and projected to host in game one against either Trinity or Moorefield.

In AA, The Beavers got in. The WV Metro News projects them as the 14 or 15 seed and will travel to either Independence or Point Pleasant.

In AAA, The WV Metro News projects the Tigers of Princeton as the 10th seed, and their reward? They are projected to travel the first game of the playoffs to Spring Valley, the team that beat Martinsburg.  Ouch!

Mount View beat Greenbrier West 18-14 this past Friday and finishes at 9-1 to get the #5 seed in the class A playoffs. Their only loss was in the second game vs. Tazewell. 

Mount View will get to host Sherman, who they’ve already beat by 4 touchdowns this season.

I may be wrong on this but I believe this will be the first playoff game that Mount View will get to host in Welch since the school opened in the late 70’s. They’ve “hosted” playoff games before but they had to be played elsewhere (Princeton) because of Mount View’s stadium not being approved by WV. 

however, Mount View built a new stadium and it looks great!

120885279_949411462216837_90042356905292

1 hour ago, EH31 said:

Mount View beat Greenbrier West 18-14 this past Friday and finishes at 9-1 to get the #5 seed in the class A playoffs. Their only loss was in the second game vs. Tazewell. 

Mount View will get to host Sherman, who they’ve already beat by 4 touchdowns this season.

I may be wrong on this but I believe this will be the first playoff game that Mount View will get to host in Welch since the school opened in the late 70’s. They’ve “hosted” playoff games before but they had to be played elsewhere (Princeton) because of Mount View’s stadium not being approved by WV. 

however, Mount View built a new stadium and it looks great!

120885279_949411462216837_90042356905292

Beautiful stadium! Glad to see something positive for the folks in McDowell County!

Go Golden Knights!

Oddly enough Welch has hosted playoff games before before at the old stadium. In 1979 Iaeger hosted Man at Welch and lost 7-21. In 1994 Big Creek hosted Paden City and Big Creek won 25-0. Mount View was AAA. Mount View was never able to host because the WVSSAC stadium standards were not met at the time Mount View would have hosted.