Lord Botetout vs Abingdon

Wolf1207

I watched the Graham vs Abingdon scrimmage early on at NFHS and had Abingdon winning the region. I'm sticking with it. Graham got the best of Abingdon, but not by much. Abingdon has one hel@ of a football team this year. I hope the beat Boty. It's easy to say, "it doesn't matter because whoever wins it will get crushed against LCA next week." Well, that statement could apply to not just about all the other teams in Class 3, but it could apply to the overwhelmingly majority of football teams in VA this year. For Abingdon to reach the state semis, if they do win, is one heck of an accomplishment. 

3 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

LB way too physical for Abingdon IMO

Have you saw this year's Abingdon team? In the past they weren't as physical as some regional teams but this Abingdon team is actually very physical and can may be hold up at the LOS. For the love of God please let Abingdon win, those folks on the other board will never let me hear the end of it after I spouted off about Riverheads v. LB in the preseason and then Riverheads won comfortably (even if it's very apparent the team the team that lost to Riverheads and Appomattox isn't the same team, LB is healthy and improved every week).

9 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

Have you saw this year's Abingdon team? In the past they weren't as physical as some regional teams but this Abingdon team is actually very physical and can may be hold up at the LOS. For the love of God please let Abingdon win, those folks on the other board will never let me hear the end of it after I spouted off about Riverheads v. LB in the preseason and then Riverheads won comfortably (even if it's very apparent the team the team that lost to Riverheads and Appomattox isn't the same team, LB is healthy and improved every week).

I am in the camp that believes it will be a tight game, but I'm going with the Falcons by 7.

2 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

I am in the camp that believes it will be a tight game, but I'm going with the Falcons by 7.

Yeah I can't see Abingdon blowing them out, they aren't a super explosive team, but they're physical, well coached and can really control a game. I'm worried they've met their match in physicality and LB might have more playmakers who can create explosive plays but I really believe Abingdon can win. It'll come down to execution. 1-2 turnovers and they're done. 

20 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

I haven't seen Abingdon....but have LB...will be surprised if Abingdon wins