Graham 69 Martinsville 57

Real Sasquatch

Good road win for the G-men.  Graham is much improved since early in the season, playing some good ball right now.  Kaleb Morgan is stepping up as a 3rd offensive threat for Graham, which has been badly needed.  I enjoyed watching them today, they are playing with better "flow" and are passing the ball much better then early on.  Credit to their coaches for bringing them along, they have had a tough schedule.  I think they win out in the SWD and keep their undefeated district streak in tact for another year, if they continue to play like they did today.  

1 minute ago, BigWinners said:

If Graves keeps going for 30+ every night, no SWD team will be that close and they'll be a very tough out in the 2D tourney. 

The key for Graham is the development of Kaleb Morgan and the rest of the supporting cast.  Graham now seems to have a 1,2,3 punch rather then just a 1,2 punch.  Still not enough to make a run at Region D, but you are right, they will be a tough opponent if they play this well come tourney time.

Which one was Morgan? Bradshaw was quick as lightning, but was really just an excellent athlete not a really a skilled basketball player. #30 looked like the second best player on the team to me. He was smooth around the basket and played good D against the Martinsville center. Bodied him up real well. Haven't seen Kirby miss that many short jumpers all year. Graham just jumped on us quick and Graves didn't let us make a run. When Kirby(#4 for the Dogs) fouled out halfway thru the 3rd quarter you could see all the air come out of the Dogs. All the credit in the world to Graham though, with a short bench today they just came into Cleveland Ave gym and smack us in the mouth.

8 hours ago, pdfan said:

Which one was Morgan? Bradshaw was quick as lightning, but was really just an excellent athlete not a really a skilled basketball player. #30 looked like the second best player on the team to me. He was smooth around the basket and played good D against the Martinsville center. Bodied him up real well. Haven't seen Kirby miss that many short jumpers all year. Graham just jumped on us quick and Graves didn't let us make a run. When Kirby(#4 for the Dogs) fouled out halfway thru the 3rd quarter you could see all the air come out of the Dogs. All the credit in the world to Graham though, with a short bench today they just came into Cleveland Ave gym and smack us in the mouth.

#30 is Morgan

8 hours ago, Real Sasquatch said:

He got 40 against Martinsville.

I know I posted that in the other thread. But he had 30+ against VHS in a close game, and believe he scored 30+ against Marion in game one but I could be wrong. The point was if Graves continued to pour in 30+ points every game, Graham can beat anyone in 2D.

2 hours ago, BigWinners said:

I know I posted that in the other thread. But he had 30+ against VHS in a close game, and believe he scored 30+ against Marion in game one but I could be wrong. The point was if Graves continued to pour in 30+ points every game, Graham can beat anyone in 2D.

They don't have enough depth to beat "anyone" in 2D, but that's just my opinion.  I knew what you were referring to.  He is averaging around 28 to 30 points per game right now.

44 minutes ago, Real Sasquatch said:

They don't have enough depth to beat "anyone" in 2D, but that's just my opinion.  I knew what you were referring to.  He is averaging around 28 to 30 points per game right now.

Union isn't deep either, they play six guys, seven if there's foul trouble so they aren't a deep bunch either. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure any top 2D team goes more than eight deep.

Graves is likely the leading scorer in 2D. Bunch has had some big scoring nights but also some lower nights while it seems like Graves always over 25.

Union isn't deep either, they play six guys, seven if there's foul trouble so they aren't a deep bunch either. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure any top 2D team goes more than eight deep.

Graves is likely the leading scorer in 2D. Bunch has had some big scoring nights but also some lower nights while it seems like Graves always over 25.

Graves has obviously improved, but he doesn’t do near what Bunch does. GC held Graves to 12 last year and outside of scoring he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the table….give me Bunch 10/10 times. 

bunch has scored 20 plus in every game except for 2 games. he had 15 earlier in the arbys and 12 against abingdon the other night. both those games he got in foul trouble.

21 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Graves has obviously improved, but he doesn’t do near what Bunch does. GC held Graves to 12 last year and outside of scoring he doesn’t bring a whole lot to the table….give me Bunch 10/10 times. 

I don't believe he's better than Bunch, just that he scores at a higher clip. With his size, Bunch can guard almost any position and. Can play inside and out. 

15 minutes ago, The U Bear said:

bunch has scored 20 plus in every game except for 2 games. he had 15 earlier in the arbys and 12 against abingdon the other night. both those games he got in foul trouble.

I figure Bunch is in the low 20s per game. Science Hill likely bumped that average up a bit, scoring 34. Bunch will almost certainly repeat as 2D POY.