Aaron Lowe

bleedblue89

Carroll County junior Alyssa Ervin is another special talent in SWVA. She led Carroll County to their first state championship of any kind last season. She is being recruited heavily by several ACC, SEC and Big East schools.

She is the granddaughter of Kenny Wayne Ervin and her cousins are Stacy, Zac and Lexi Ervin. A lot of SWVA sports history in the link provided.

https://roanoke.com/sports/high-school/carroll-countys-ervin-enters-family-business-of-winning/article_c4971ecc-9fee-11ec-a5a1-8787f255e0de.html

24 minutes ago, sixcat said:

Carroll County junior Alyssa Ervin is another special talent in SWVA. She led Carroll County to their first state championship of any kind last season. She is being recruited heavily by several ACC, SEC and Big East schools.

She is the granddaughter of Kenny Wayne Ervin and her cousins are Stacy, Zac and Lexi Ervin. A lot of SWVA sports history in the link provided.

https://roanoke.com/sports/high-school/carroll-countys-ervin-enters-family-business-of-winning/article_c4971ecc-9fee-11ec-a5a1-8787f255e0de.html

Yes Ervin is a great player and from what i hear the best ever to come through this area and def the best Ervin player out of that family,   our area is blessed with 2 great female talents right now that is for sure!!!!   

4 minutes ago, stantheman said:

Yes Ervin is a great player and from what i hear the best ever to come through this area and def the best Ervin player out of that family,   our area is blessed with 2 great female talents right now that is for sure!!!!   

You should get Alyssa's dad on he golf course sometime!!!

Hits it an effortless 320 off the tee!!!

Ervin is the real deal.  She is athletic, quick, can jump really well, and plays both ends as smooth as anyone I have seen.  All around I would say she's the best girl in the area right now and may be the best in recent memory.  I watched both McCamis and Trivette last year and would have given the edge to McCamis but then again she is somewhat older.  I have watched both online this year and it's a difficult comparison to say the least.  McCamis has a much better supporting cast and it takes a lot of the extra coverage off of her to be able to do what she does.  Trivette on the other hand will face gimmick defenses every game to try to contain her because she's the bulk of Richlands offensive power.  As someone said in an earlier post, Trivette has the highest ceiling by the time she is a senior.  I think she could potentially be the biggest SWVA recruit ever.  Ervin and McCamis will both get D1 interest but in my opinion, Ervin will be able to play at a higher level than McCamis

Carroll County is the best girls team I have watched.   They have it all, speed, size, strength, tenacity, and the superstar in Ervin.  And, I wouldn't say she plays at all selfish.   She gets hers in the flow of the game. 

I don't have a dog in the Aaron Lowe fight but if you think richland's success is because of the new coach you might want to watch some games.  If you take Trivette off that team,  they don't win many games at all.   To put that in perspective, if you take Mccamis off Centrals team, they still compete for top 2-3 in district.  You put Trivette on any team in the area and they become an immediate contender. 

1 hour ago, Elder statesman said:

Ervin is the real deal.  She is athletic, quick, can jump really well, and plays both ends as smooth as anyone I have seen.  All around I would say she's the best girl in the area right now and may be the best in recent memory.  I watched both McCamis and Trivette last year and would have given the edge to McCamis but then again she is somewhat older.  I have watched both online this year and it's a difficult comparison to say the least.  McCamis has a much better supporting cast and it takes a lot of the extra coverage off of her to be able to do what she does.  Trivette on the other hand will face gimmick defenses every game to try to contain her because she's the bulk of Richlands offensive power.  As someone said in an earlier post, Trivette has the highest ceiling by the time she is a senior.  I think she could potentially be the biggest SWVA recruit ever.  Ervin and McCamis will both get D1 interest but in my opinion, Ervin will be able to play at a higher level than McCamis

Trivette has grown since last year!!  She has Footwork in the low post that you never see in the girls game,  the game I watched last night in a set offense she runs the point and rarely got the ball passed to her when she dropped to the low post even though she had the position on the defender.  Her coordination, agility and strength is something you don't see in the girls game in our area..  There is no excuse she isn't getting at least 20 looks in set offense for that team, blame that on Rife!!   On D he has her playing the top of a gimmick 1-2-2 D she mostly lets the point by hoping for a quick TO and a long court pass for an easy basket,  her knowledge is head and shoulders above any other player on the court.   I look for her to get 2,000 career points.

25 minutes ago, stantheman said:

dont we all,  hahahahahahahaa,    everybody I play with thinks so anyway,  lol

Yeah, I wish I were joking sometimes when he drives it 80 yards by me. Believe me, I'm not. I've never seen anyone hit a golf ball the way he does that isn't on the PGA Tour. 

23 minutes ago, stantheman said:

Trivette has grown since last year!!  She has Footwork in the low post that you never see in the girls game,  the game I watched last night in a set offense she runs the point and rarely got the ball passed to her when she dropped to the low post even though she had the position on the defender.  Her coordination, agility and strength is something you don't see in the girls game in our area..  There is no excuse she isn't getting at least 20 looks in set offense for that team, blame that on Rife!!   On D he has her playing the top of a gimmick 1-2-2 D she mostly lets the point by hoping for a quick TO and a long court pass for an easy basket,  her knowledge is head and shoulders above any other player on the court.   I look for her to get 2,000 career points.

Saw where she put up like 23 and 12 on Wise Central and 39 and 18 or something against JI Burton. She'll have multiple 40 point games the next few years.

1 hour ago, F@lcon said:

Carroll County is the best girls team I have watched.   They have it all, speed, size, strength, tenacity, and the superstar in Ervin.  And, I wouldn't say she plays at all selfish.   She gets hers in the flow of the game. 

I don't have a dog in the Aaron Lowe fight but if you think richland's success is because of the new coach you might want to watch some games.  If you take Trivette off that team,  they don't win many games at all.   To put that in perspective, if you take Mccamis off Centrals team, they still compete for top 2-3 in district.  You put Trivette on any team in the area and they become an immediate contender. 

My Aaron Lowe post was sarcasm, obviously not very good sarcasm. 

I don’t think anyone is going to credit Tom Rife with any success the girls achieve, but at one point Aaron Lowe encouraged these girls to set out this season in protest of his firing, which was petty and selfish. It’s just nice to see them playing. 

Annisley Trivette is an exceptional talent who is where she is because of her supportive family, not any past or present Richlands basketball coach. She is really something to watch. 

15 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Annisley Trivette is an exceptional talent who is where she is because of her supportive family, not any past or present Richlands basketball coach. She is really something to watch. 

This right here 👆🏼