Aaron Lowe

bleedblue89

Any truth to the rumor that Aaron Lowe and his loyal brigade of blind followers are going to take down central office so he can be reinstated as the basketball coach, take a group of girls to the state basketball championship for the first time in school history, plus finally get rid of Jeff Tarter so he can take over as head football, then he can restore Richlands football to its glory days?  

52 minutes ago, bleedblue89 said:

Any truth to the rumor that Aaron Lowe and his loyal brigade of blindness followers are going to take down central office so he can be reinstated as the basketball coach, take a group of girls to the state basketball championship for the first time in school history, plus finally get rid of Jeff Tarter so he can take over as head football, then he can restore Richlands football to its glory days?  

I wondered when Lowe would get his own thread after hijacking the Abingdon coaching one.   But yeah, rumors are, central office, board members, Rife all going to get the karma coming to them, lol.  If karma don't get them, maybe a lawsuit will.  Listen, I don't have a dog in the fight,. I"ve heard rumors of why he was let go which had nothing to do with his basketball coaching abilities.  Perhaps, he should have clued his girls' basketball parents & players in on what the issues really were. Create your own storm & then get upset. 

My thoughts are sometimes you take the licks and get on with life. Burning bridges isn't always a good idea. The more you stir, the stinkier it gets.  I mean Snake sort of did that with football at Richlands when Mance didn't have him back as DC. He took the high road, didn't try to make waves.  Ronnie Davis didn't make waves when Wells was hired over him as head coach. I'm sure he could have gotten tons of people up in arms if he wanted.

All these parents acting like Richlands' girls have never had a successful program and that's just not accurate.  They did have a very successful program under Tom Rife and Snake.  Encouraging the girls to not play for Rife says a lot more about Lowe than any success he's had as girls' coach which I think it limited to summer league, right? Have they even had a winning season under his leadership? 

I hope the girls change their mind and play and have a great season. It's a shame kids are put in the middle of adult problems.

3 minutes ago, IRISH-FAN18 said:

I've seen the petition to reinstate him all over social media the last several days. I don't know anything about the situation, but he's got some hardcore supporters.

That’s for sure but I’m not sure half of those signatures are even from Tazewell County by looking at comments on the petition. 

1 hour ago, Gridiron60 said:

That’s for sure but I’m not sure half of those signatures are even from Tazewell County by looking at comments on the petition. 

I seen one person from Richlands, one from Abingdon, and a few from over in Buchanan County. Petition rarely goes anywhere anyway.

4 hours ago, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

Remember when Aaron Lowe ran a sweep play on the 1/3 yard line that resulted in a safety and Ridgeview winning that playoff game……

Has he been reinstated yet, lol?  I really do feel badly for the girls especially if they are being encouraged sit out a year of their high school career as protest.  Do they plan to sit out next year too? Let's face it, Rife is a placeholder to get them through this season and then they'll bring someone else on as head coach and it won't be Lowe.  Do they sit out indefinitely? Transfer? At some point, you accept what has happened and get on with life. The. End. 

Just now, Austrian Ben Shapiro said:

If he hadn’t raised a fuss then maybe he gets reinstated in a year or two. But this has obviously burned every bridge in town. 

I totally agree with this. I cannot imagine he will ever get a coaching position back anytime soon if ever in Tazewell County. He's not the first coach that's lost a position had he just stepped back quietly, he very well could have a position again.  It seems from an outsiders' point of view that he made this more about him than anything else.  His ego got bruised when he was axed from football and he let that get him in a world of stink. The more he's stirring, the stinkier it's getting.  I'm not saying he's not a stand up guy normally and girls obviously love him as a coach, he just let a situation get the better of him and now as you said, he's burned every bridge in town. 

• 2 weeks later...

15 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

Aaron Lowe turns down offer to coach girls basketball and football at Lakeway Christian Academy to continue fight to take down TCPS central office and school board members. 

It’s really laughable at this point. Good joke though! Seriously, I did hear he was possibly taking legal action although I'm not sure what leg he would have to stand on considering coaching is a year to year contract and no contract had been signed. 

17 hours ago, Gridiron60 said:

It’s really laughable at this point. Good joke though! Seriously, I did hear he was possibly taking legal action although I'm not sure what leg he would have to stand on considering coaching is a year to year contract and no contract had been signed. 

Legal action? I want to meet the attorney that takes on this case. I bet the attorney is as imaginary as all his job offers. 

• 3 months later...

#nolowestillashow.

Imagine that, all that talk and girls basketball kicked off their season strong this week, without Lowe. A great coaching staff leading them, future looks bright for these ladies.  

Rumor this month is Aaron Lowe is set to take the helm as head football coach in Honaker. He’d look good in orange. 

2 hours ago, bleedblue89 said:

#nolowestillashow.

Imagine that, all that talk and girls basketball kicked off their season strong this week, without Lowe. A great coaching staff leading them, future looks bright for these ladies.  

Rumor this month is Aaron Lowe is set to take the helm as head football coach in Honaker. He’d look good in orange. 

I would probably hold off on any praise for the new coach until after Friday. Beating a Thomas Walker Team who unexpectedly lost 4 returning players is little cause for praise.

https://heraldcourier.com/sports/cumberland-district-girls-basketball-capsules/article_fcf3338e-70f7-11ed-8fd0-6fcd756b56a7.html

I watched some of the Thomas walker game online and I don't think the coaching staff was a factor at all.   They could have stayed home and it wouldn't have mattered in this game. 

Richlands should dominate girls basketball in the SWD and will make noise in the region. I think Wise-Central will be deeper which will cause them to win the region, and probably state.

However, Richlands has the best player on this side of the state. If you haven't seen the Trivett girl play just wait. She's a Freshman and in my opinion is the best player in SWVA (yes that's including McCamis from Wise). She'll be going to a D1 college no doubt.

She would have won SWD player of the year last year as an 8th grader. She's the best player I've seen on this side of the state in a very long time.

22 hours ago, F@lcon said:

I watched some of the Thomas walker game online and I don't think the coaching staff was a factor at all.   They could have stayed home and it wouldn't have mattered in this game. 

Do you have a link for that video feed?

2 hours ago, -oo- said:

Richlands should dominate girls basketball in the SWD and will make noise in the region. I think Wise-Central will be deeper which will cause them to win the region, and probably state.

However, Richlands has the best player on this side of the state. If you haven't seen the Trivett girl play just wait. She's a Freshman and in my opinion is the best player in SWVA (yes that's including McCamis from Wise). She'll be going to a D1 college no doubt.

She would have won SWD player of the year last year as an 8th grader. She's the best player I've seen on this side of the state in a very long time.

Not sure I would place her above McAmis just yet but I think ultimately you will be correct in that her ceiling is much higher 

3 hours ago, TwhscoachT said:

Do you have a link for that video feed?

It was a Facebook live somebody had.  going.   Not sure who's account it was. 

I haven't found an actual streaming site to watch but I wish they would arrange that

53 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

Richlands beat Abingdon tonight. Seems ole Tom is doing just fine with these girls thus far. It’s early in the season but we’ll see. 

tonight was the first night i got to see Annsley Trivette play.  she is the real deal.  prob the best girls player in SWVA now as a freshman!!!   her skills, coordination, agility, strength is very impressive.   If Rife keeps her playing the snowbird position on D she will prob get her 1k points this season lmao.....     Her BB IQ is impressive for her age as well.    One thing that has crossed my mind is how many boys teams in this are would she start on!!!!!

30 minutes ago, stantheman said:

tonight was the first night i got to see Annsley Trivette play.  she is the real deal.  prob the best girls player in SWVA now as a freshman!!!   her skills, coordination, agility, strength is very impressive.   If Rife keeps her playing the snowbird position on D she will prob get her 1k points this season lmao.....     Her BB IQ is impressive for her age as well.    One thing that has crossed my mind is how many boys teams in this are would she start on!!!!!

She’s a special talent. She’s been travel balling it in several different states. She’s a natural! She’ll break all the girls’ records at Richlands. Brittany Allen may end up as the 2nd best girls’ player in history for the Lady Blues. 

36 minutes ago, Gridiron60 said:

She’s a special talent. She’s been travel balling it in several different states. She’s a natural! She’ll break all the girls’ records at Richlands. Brittany Allen may end up as the 2nd best girls’ player in history for the Lady Blues. 

she will break all girls records in SWVA and i could easily see her scoring 2000 career points.  a lot of this will depend on how much talent she will have around her.   what makes her unique is she is an unselfish player as well