Central at Ridgeview

SwvaOG

4 hours ago, Unchained said:

Guess Shanghai retired? I always enjoyed him and Gulley calling games. They always made me chuckle.

I think so. I know he’s had a few health issues.  The station is under new ownership, so who knows what’s going on with no broadcasts. It seems to be annoying a lot of folks over here. 

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

Post game analysis of this one.  

Ridgeview rushed for almost 300 yards and passed for around 250.  I felt coming in the Central’s DL would be tough but the Pack gashed them all game long and actually played possession, clock killing offense in the 4th quarter.  If RV can rush like this consistently it bodes well for them.

Central had some great plays dialed up that didn’t connect.  I fully expect them to be competitive against their schedule.  They may slide up to the #3 team in M7 and can be trouble in the playoffs. They doubled Beavers at the cost leaving the middle of the field vulnerable to the run. That’s what the Pack wants you to do but they’ve not been able to do recently. 

The threat of the long ball was evident in the game last night.  RV’s two deep threats can absolutely wreck havoc on a DC. This team is fun to watch and will give you 5-6 ESPN type highlight plays a game.

The only thing I’d personally change is bringing the qb to the sideline every play (I’ll never understand why so many coaches around here feel the need to do that). I’d also like to see some hurry up offense from time to time.  

2 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

The only thing I’d personally change is bringing the qb to the sideline every play (I’ll never understand why so many coaches around here feel the need to do that). I’d also like to see some hurry up offense from time to time.  

I feel your pain. As a Union fan, running the QB to sideline every play can be def frustrating

2 minutes ago, tornado99 said:

I guess it’s too obvious to yell and signal the following: 

Union: “Run right!” or “Run left!”

Ridgeview: “Throw it deep to 7!”

Hey now that's not entirely fair, sometimes it's "sweep right!" or " sweep left! " lol

I'm kidding around, Union actually does a lot of wrinkles in the run game, it's a lot more complicated than they get credit for. 

4 hours ago, tornado99 said:

True. They just didn’t need any wrinkles when I watched. I couldn’t resist, though. 

The staff at Union certainly isn't above running a play over and over if they spot weakness and can consistently exploit a match up, so it can look very repetitive at times but there's a lot of lead blockers/pulling guys, counters, QB reads etc when they gotta mix it up. Without the threat of a pass, you damn sure gotta be able to be varied in the run. 

4 minutes ago, BigWinners said:

The staff at Union certainly isn't above running a play over and over if they spot weakness and can consistently exploit a match up, so it can look very repetitive at times but there's a lot of lead blockers/pulling guys, counters, QB reads etc when they gotta mix it up. Without the threat of a pass, you damn sure gotta be able to be varied in the run. 

I feel like at the Class 2 and above levels you have to be able to run and pass to have a real shot at a state title. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust may be over.   The rules of the passing game gives the offense way too many advantages. 

3 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

I feel like at the Class 2 and above levels you have to be able to run and pass to have a real shot at a state title. The days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust may be over.   The rules of the passing game gives the offense way too many advantages. 

I don't disagree, it's EXTREMELY tough to win a title without any passing offense whatsoever but it's possible if you're disciplined enough, don't ever turn it over, dominate on defense and ALWAYS win at the LOS. Thats so difficult to check all those boxes but it is possible.